Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 18-05-2017, 03:35 AM
Guide
Questions about Faeries

How do you know when you've come across one? Has anyone ever had an encounter with one before?

I've read books before in the past and meditations that you can do to try to open yourself up to them. I know they're very picky on who they reveal themselves too. Not to long ago some tree's got taken down and I felt this overwhelming sadness. My mother was also upset when this happened.

Lately I've been going to the woods in the back of my house and whispered softly that I'm sorry that the tree's were taken down. Wonder if there's anything that I could do for them. Such as an offering or something. Just not sure on what to give.
Old 18-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Pathfinder
I'm certainly not an expert on faeries, but I had a very similar experience as a child! There was a tree near my house where I used to play and when they cut it down I'd go there for days and cry. I felt like it was some sort of a sacred space and that something really bad just happened.

I used to spend a lot of time with my aunt who was very spiritual and she taught me to just sit in the nature and observe. I never saw faeries but I opened myself to some wonderful magic of the woods this way. Wonderful things happen when we pay attention. I've heard that that's how people meet faeries, they just sit down and really observe.

And when it comes to offerings, I think that milk and cream, cake and wine are some options, some people also create tiny faerie gardens with shiny objects and other offerings.

“We are neighbors in a modern world where proximity is relative and the threshold to our hearts moves outside time and space.”
Old 19-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Guide
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie
I'm certainly not an expert on faeries, but I had a very similar experience as a child! There was a tree near my house where I used to play and when they cut it down I'd go there for days and cry. I felt like it was some sort of a sacred space and that something really bad just happened.

I used to spend a lot of time with my aunt who was very spiritual and she taught me to just sit in the nature and observe. I never saw faeries but I opened myself to some wonderful magic of the woods this way. Wonderful things happen when we pay attention. I've heard that that's how people meet faeries, they just sit down and really observe.

And when it comes to offerings, I think that milk and cream, cake and wine are some options, some people also create tiny faerie gardens with shiny objects and other offerings.

Thanks for responding to my thread. I've always loved fairies and read fairy tales as a child. My imagination was big and it still continues to be. This is something that I never got rid of. Even when people told me to grow up, I never did. There's still a inner child inside of me and I tend to bring out my imagination and color in adult coloring books, giggle, collect seashells and thank the ocean, pray and try to keep a positive open space for anyone I meet.

When the tree's got cut down, I felt sad for almost a week and each time I look at the tree's I still continue to get very sad. My mother is still upset about it herself. Think it's wonderful how you go to the forest. I do this myself during the afternoon and just look around.

Believe I'm going to create a little fairy garden on the side of my house. I'll put seashells there and other shiny objects that I can find in the store. I'm thinking about putting glitter on the seashells and painting them. Just feel horrible about the tree's being cut down and I'd like to do something nice for them.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Newbie ;)

I am very connected to faeries and I believe they were guiding me on my very spiritual trip to Glastonbury, England in 2007. There was one time though when I actually had a "faerie" experience. I had signed up for an "elemental workshop" that was led by a shaman. I was the only one who showed up, even though a few others had registered. From start to finish that day was magical and it culminated in me seeing something that could have been a faerie folk. To this day, I am not sure what I saw.