Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder

Long conversations?

Whenever I meditate, sometimes I'm shown images, but most of the time I experience long, drawn out conversations with spirit guides. A lot of time, I'm drawn out of my body and either standing next to it, or not very far away.

I realized I've never asked or looked into the meditative experiences of others. Is it normal to have these long conversations or to be guided outside of yourself? I never experience threatening or negative energy, only love and patient guidance, so I know I'm not putting my trust in any negative spirits or anything (nor would I ever). I'm just more curious about how common something like this is. :)

Peace&Love
Old 06-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Hello Stunning One.

Your pleasant type of meditative experiences are not very commonly experienced nor reported by many practitioners of the meditative arts. (That is, not as their predominant-occurring type of experience.)

Your type of experiences are normal for you, given your focus, your belief system, and your soul growth that allows such Spirit-aligned experiences.

There are those who are of similar frequency to you that, rather than noticing such interactions during meditation (if traditional meditation is even something that they practice), they may have similar types of interactions during lucid dreams, astral projections, and/or waking-state visions, for these entities may be very accustomed to these meditative frequencies that allow for such interactions to occur even if they do not practice a formal type of meditation.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
I have been doing quiet meditation for about 40-years and my meditations are extremely silent,
with no conversation either from my mind or elsewhere. Although the experience which you have
shared I have heard from others. Whether it is common or not is hard to say because I have not
taken a survey. I meditate a lot, in the grocery store check out line, on my lunch break, etc, and
I also do at least one formal sitting meditation session daily. But the meditation experience is
usually always with me more or less.

Most people I know meditate on silence, but I also know of people and have heard of many who
channel spirit guides, etc. An many of those told me they go into a meditative state to converse
with their spirit guide. The thing about meditation for me is it is more about feeling than it is about
anything else. In my meditation I feel the rich and thick presence of silence, no thoughts, and that
silence is often transformed into intoxicating love; or bliss as many call it; all of this takes place in an
unfathomable inner silence. But that is just my experience and over the decades I have learned to trust
my meditation experience.

I think it is up to you to determine whether you want to embrace these conversations or not.
You can protect yourself from malicious spirits, etc. Just because an entity tells you they are
a spirit guide does not necessarily mean that is actually what they are. The pentagram can
protect you, burning sage or other certain herbs can also protect you, and prayer as well can
protect you.. There are many ways to protect yourself, and it is prudent to protect yourself
regardless whether you think malicious spirits are present or not. I usually say a prayer for
guidance and protection before I begin a formal meditation session.

On the other hand you might want to explore these conversations further. But be careful
until you are sure they are in your best interest. My teacher is within me, and if I am in an
undesirable situation, in this world or beyond, I announce loudly, but from a heartfelt place of
humility, with eyes closed and sending my attention deep within myself, I say "take this from me,"
and every-time my mind and feelings are instantly cleared and become peaceful; this is the
relationship which I have developed with my deeper being.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
But be careful until you are sure they are in your best interest. :

I would emphasise this caution: I too, for five years, had long conversations with a spirit guide who I thought had my best interests in mind. He was very clever in pulling me into trusting him, doing all kinds of things to my chakras as I thought he was preparing me for my spiritual pathway. Eventually, he caused physical harm to my body from which I've never fully recovered. A medium was able to offer healing which healed me to a certain extent. Needless to say I cut off all contact with the spirit guide and I won't meditate anymore.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Master
Mind: "What are you thinking about?"
Me: "I'm either not thinking, or thinking about not thinking".
Mind: "Or thinking about answering my question?"
Me: "No, I am pretty sure that required no thought"
Mind: "So who is thinking the thought?"
Me: "Who is 'mind' and who is 'me' anyway?"
Mind: "More thoughts"
Me: "Okay, you can go now...dismissed...not listening...not paying attention...OM....OM....OM...."
Mind: "Stop being childish"
Me: "Om...Om...Om..."
Mind: "try focusing on your breath instead"
Me: "Okay, breathe in....breathe out....breathe in....breathe out..."
Mind: "Is it working?"
Me: "Nope and who allowed you back inside my head, get lost"
Mind: "oooh, getting testy now are we?"
Me: "Black behind my eyes...black...focus on it....concentrate on it....good...good"
Mind: "You're still thinking"
Me: "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be, okay? I let you go with love and peace".
Mind: "really and truly?"
Me: "working on it, but gimme a break here"
Mind: "okay meditation over, same time next time?"

Yeah, I get the long convos...usually about nothing at all.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Master
Then it's like:

Me: "Oi...I get to say when meditation time is over, thank you very much!"
Mind: "Disagreeing with yourself would be a first - is it even possible?"
Me: "No, I agree with myself, but Meditation is OVER!" lol

It's complicated...very...complicated and I realise it needn't be, but endless hilarity does ensue when my mind talks to itself and it keeps me sane, even though I am in no way apart from any of it either...but the conversations are really cool, even though I fully know, realise and understand that it's just a nice stop along the way but I shouldn't allow myself to become stuck there.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Experiencer

Starman, you said
" In my meditation I feel the rich and thick presence of silence, no thoughts, and that
silence is often transformed into intoxicating love; or bliss as many call it; all of this takes place in an
unfathomable inner silence. But that is just my experience and over the decades I have learned to trust
my meditation experience."

* * I'm just wondering what it is you "trust" from silence other than feeling love? I'm not being flippant, just wondering, more deeply, exactly what you're saying.

And my belief is that anytime we're meditating, praying . . as we're connecting with a higher power, it does manifests peace, love, joy . . This IS the ultimate goal of meditation, prayer, mindfulness of only feeling . . yes?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you all for your feedback! :) I really appreciate you all for taking the time to respond and share your experiences with me. :)

@awareness: Yes, that is exactly how it feels to me. It feels extremely natural, more natural even than living my day to day life in the physical world. I was never formally taught how to meditate, so maybe it is true that I'm channeling, although I had never heard that term before.

@Starman: I have experienced this silence that you speak of a couple of times. To me, it felt like a great, inky black void if space that stretched out to infinity. It didn't feel evil, but just very powerful... as if it contained the energy and force of all life across all of time and space. It seemed a bit overwhelming to me, to try to exist in such vastness. Maybe that is why it felt more natural for me to seek communion with spirit guides, in order to help me to sort out and illuminate that which I needed to pay most attention to. Usually, I seek answers to my dreams or visions. Or I seek advice on how to best seek or proceed with my life path/highest good. While I have not said a prayer of protection before, I have been very specific that I will only speak with "benevolent, loving spirit guides which are assigned to me and intend my highest good". I also imagine radiating white light all around myself. Even though I don't have a clear frame of reference for why I started doing that, the white light feels like protection to me. What types of prayers of protection do you use?

@Patrycia-Rose: I am very sorry that you were so betrayed by an entity that you felt was benevolent towards you. There is one main spirit guide that I mostly converse with. However, this guide has never attempted to reach within me and move energy or change my chakras. I sense that is a very strong boundary that would never be crossed, nor would I allow. Instead, he encourages me to "fuel my inner fire" and to "spread love and light throughout the world". I don't necessarily get specific answers on how to do this, but I'm often told to just keep working on healing myself and "my path will become clear". Did you experience something similar to this? I definitely don't take my own safety lightly and I would like to know more about what you learned in your experiences, if that is something you are willing to share.

@TheNecromancer: Your experiences are different from mine, but still very much valid! :) Trust in your own experiences, even if they seem different from others. We are all on our own journey. :)
Old 12-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Guide
I’ve been deliberating since last night on how to respond to this given this is a very sensitive subject for me and I promised myself when I joined this forum that this was the one subject I wouldn’t want to write about.

I was given essentially the same message as yourself, over five years of healing myself and my path would become clear. However, he “helped” me with the healing by cleansing/clearing chakras etc. It is true to say that I gained a great deal of knowledge in those five years, insight into myself as a person, the way the world worked, a lof of spiritual knowledge about life on the other side. I have a lever arch file full of those transcripts as I would record the answers as I asked questions and then type up the session afterwards. It’s a great shame that the knowledge came at a high price. I would guess that I still have the ability to be able to connect to a guide in the same way but there’s no way I would test that theory. I don't meditate at all now.
Old 13-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFlight
@TheNecromancer: Your experiences are different from mine, but still very much valid! :) Trust in your own experiences, even if they seem different from others. We are all on our own journey. :)
Yes, I know and I understand there is nobody out there who ever has the same experiences I do. My experiences are different from everybody, so it's great you have found people who share similar experiences to you, because I'd really like to know what that feels like, never having experienced it myself...but you are right, we are all on our own journey...very existentially isolating and lonely to realise it eh?