Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-01-2017, 02:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Moving meditation objects?

Moving meditation objects?

Is it possible to get the benefit of meditation using a moving object, like smoke, changing pictures, or a pendulum? When I meditate, I light an incense cone and it creates a very smooth, sometimes fluttering stream of smoke. Sometimes I look at YouTube videos with shifting pictures and just "take it all in". But it's not something I normally practice, I usually keep to the candle flame, as it tends to be perfectly still without even so much as a flicker. Wondering if it has to be a still object.
Old 21-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I've heard of meditations where you focus on flames or smoke, but I don't know about moving pictures. In saying that anything can be meditation when done mindfully, so I guess if that's what works for you then I would say yes.
Old 21-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Master
I would have thought that the moving object will be distracting but one never knows. If you can meditate focusing on smoke I am sure you can do mooving pictures and objects too. Anyway, good luck with it all.
Old 25-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Seeker

I've been pretty interested in this here lately.. Anytime I'm around anyone with a vape or anything I like to practice this. The hardest thing is finding a completely air sealed environment lol
Old 26-01-2017, 04:05 AM
Guide

I heard that watching a flame is useful because the subtle flickering can synchronise with theta frequencies in the brain.
e.g. candle flickers at about 4htz (beats) per second, which is the dominant brainwave frequency when we are in good meditation.

http://www.thetwilightnexus.com - astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, OBE
Old 19-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanSynth
Moving meditation objects?

Is it possible to get the benefit of meditation using a moving object, like smoke, changing pictures, or a pendulum? When I meditate, I light an incense cone and it creates a very smooth, sometimes fluttering stream of smoke. Sometimes I look at YouTube videos with shifting pictures and just "take it all in". But it's not something I normally practice, I usually keep to the candle flame, as it tends to be perfectly still without even so much as a flicker. Wondering if it has to be a still object.

I think people should explore new types of meditation, who knows what interesting doors we can unlock :)
Old 22-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Seeker

I think the key is in understand that the flame / smoke is NOT out there, but inside of you. Its image, is really YOUR perspective and is within the brain. You only have to change yourself, your perspective as observer
Tough times are often perpetuated by a vicious cycle of thoughts and emotions. If you're there now, my sincere suggestion is that you try manifesting a new thinking pattern... here's my opinion on a book that helped me a lot. When you feel better, please give back by teaching these ideas to someone else.
Old 22-02-2017, 05:31 AM
Master
Bah! From the title I thought we were going to be discussing telekinesis and was thrilled to get to discuss the finer points with someone.
* sad face*