Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Seeker

Heart-brain Coherence

I like to listen to Joe Dispenza and Gregg Braden. They offer a "heart-brain coherence" meditation or practice. It allows you to sync the brain and heart via relaxation and emotion. Anyone else like to practice this technique? You can use it to set intentions and raise your vibration.
Old 17-11-2019, 10:58 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyae
I like to listen to Joe Dispenza and Gregg Braden. They offer a "heart-brain coherence" meditation or practice. It allows you to sync the brain and heart via relaxation and emotion. Anyone else like to practice this technique?

I just watched two YouTube vids, one a guided meditation from someone other that Joe or Gregg and in my opinion it is a waste of time. The other was a very simple practice from Gregg and I see some parallels to Loving-Kindness (Metta) meditation so I'd say it has benefits.

Not sure about vibrational frequency as Gregg didn't mention that. Intention is a powerful tool but as I understand and experience only for manifesting change within ourselves. I discovered just how well it works when I was working on lucid dreaming. Gregg mentioned this in the below video when talking about affirmations.

Another very useful technique is Calm Abiding as that reinvigorates the body-mind connection via the Vagus nerve. That connects the brain to all the major nerve plexus including the cardiac plexus. It also makes one much more sensitive to bodily sensations and allows one to more easily direct awareness to specific areas like the heart center. So I don't have to physically touch my heart center to focus LKM/Metta there.

Calm Abiding https://www.vipassanaforum.net/meditation/Shamatha.pdf

Loving-Kindness https://www.pbs.org/thebuddha/blog/2...-steven-smith/

Gregg Braden https://youtu.be/237WCALmJXQ

If you don't want to devote the time for the two traditional meditations I mentioned I'd say Gregg's meditation is worth pursuing. I'm thinking I'll give it a try because it is so simple and can be done almost anywhere and anytime with very little effort and investment of time.
Old 17-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Seeker

Yes, Gregg focuses more on balance and what he calls the "field." I think of it as vibration. Joe focuses more on intention and feelings and how it draws circumstances to you. He mentions the "field" as well. Both know each other very well. I have seen them share the stage a few times. They have very common ideas but different approaches.

Thanks for sharing those meditations. I had not heard of Calm Abiding before. I am familiar with Loving-Kindness. I have done that a few times.
Old 18-11-2019, 03:20 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyae
Yes, Gregg focuses more on balance and what he calls the "field." I think of it as vibration. Joe focuses more on intention and feelings and how it draws circumstances to you. He mentions the "field" as well. Both know each other very well. I have seen them share the stage a few times. They have very common ideas but different approaches.

I took a short 5 mile round trip hike into a local wilderness area this morning. It was a gloriously brisk morning without a cloud in the sky and (almost?) a full moon hanging low in the sky. It was about 15 degrees when I hit the trail head and with hardly a breeze. There's five or six inches of snow and a fresh covering of maybe an inch that fell over the last couple of days and was still on small pines sheltered from wind by larger pines.

During the hike I practiced that simple Gregg Braden technique for a couple minutes here and there while walking, feeling gratitude for the beauty and peace of the wilderness and gorgeous morning. It brought a tingly and almost warm sensation to the heart center and definitely enhanced the experience.

So yes, I wholeheartedly approve the technique!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185628...57711823455516
Old 18-11-2019, 04:11 AM
Guide

I’m happy I stumbled upon this thread. I’ve just read Dr Joe Dispenza’s Becoming Supernatural book in less than a week. I couldn’t put it down, and I just ordered two more of his books. A friend turned me on to his work and gave me copies of several of his meditation CDs. I’m liking them a lot so far. I’ve done his meditations every day for a week and I honestly feel better. Some of the techniques are hard to master, such as his breathing technique, but I’m getting the hang of it.

I truly believe that many of these inspirational speakers/authors etc. that have explored healing and the science behind it have all tapped into the same or similar information...they just have a different delivery. Greg Braden wrote the forward for Dr Joe’s Becoming Supernatural book.
Old 18-11-2019, 06:45 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I’m happy I stumbled upon this thread. I’ve just read Dr Joe Dispenza’s Becoming Supernatural book in less than a week. I couldn’t put it down, and I just ordered two more of his books. A friend turned me on to his work and gave me copies of several of his meditation CDs. I’m liking them a lot so far. I’ve done his meditations every day for a week and I honestly feel better. Some of the techniques are hard to master, such as his breathing technique, but I’m getting the hang of it.

I truly believe that many of these inspirational speakers/authors etc. that have explored healing and the science behind it have all tapped into the same or similar information...they just have a different delivery. Greg Braden wrote the forward for Dr Joe’s Becoming Supernatural book.

I'm listening to a Joe Dispenza YT video right now where he just said "Sooner or later you have to reckon with yourself and change". This is the hardest thing for most people because it's far more comfortable to place blame elsewhere, but every time they do they just build the prison walls a little thicker.

Here's another gem: "There's no such thing as a bad meditation". Absolutely true and it's called zero meditation. Even if the sitting is very distracted with thoughts and feelings as long as one constantly pulls awareness back to the meditation it's a resounding success. In fact that's where the rubber meets the road because that's where the real growth happens, not when the meditation is effortless. There's work to be done so just do it instead of making more negative judgments which are just thoughts and negative ones that reinforce "The Story of Me" instead of willfully rewriting that story.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 18-11-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 18-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I took a short 5 mile round trip hike into a local wilderness area this morning. It was a gloriously brisk morning without a cloud in the sky and (almost?) a full moon hanging low in the sky. It was about 15 degrees when I hit the trail head and with hardly a breeze. There's five or six inches of snow and a fresh covering of maybe an inch that fell over the last couple of days and was still on small pines sheltered from wind by larger pines.

During the hike I practiced that simple Gregg Braden technique for a couple minutes here and there while walking, feeling gratitude for the beauty and peace of the wilderness and gorgeous morning. It brought a tingly and almost warm sensation to the heart center and definitely enhanced the experience.

So yes, I wholeheartedly approve the technique!

Your morning hike sounds fabulous. That's great you were able to do that meditation and enhance your experience. I have a short video I pull up by Heart Math on heart-brain coherence when I want to do a quick meditation. I use it to help recenter me after something difficult. Gregg suggests doing this meditation 3 times a day. But for some reason I've not been able to do that. I tend to use Joe Dispenza's meditations more. I have a few of his on my iPhone.
Old 18-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Seeker

Quote:

I have that same book. I started reading it but never finished. I tend to listen to him speak. I have a subscription to Gaia.com and I see his presentations there. Also, I have a couple of his workshops. I like to go about my activities on the computer and listen to him in the background.

I would say that Joe is my favorite guru at the moment. His stuff is so positive and relatable.
Old 18-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Guide

Kiyae, he’s my favorite right now too. I don’t have a subscription to Gaia but I have watched some of his YouTube videos. It really helps me to be surrounded by his teachings much of the day, whether it’s reading his book, doing the meditations and listening to him speak. It reinforces this new perspective in my brain.

I’m interested to hear if you’ve tried his breathing technique yet. He has you clench your pelvic floor muscles while clenching your lower abdomen and upper abdomen all at the same time and following your breath to the top of your head and hold it there. It’s a bit difficult o master doing all of this at the same time without passing out. In fact, in one of his videos online he says some people have passed out. From what I understand this breathing technique is supposed to release lower emotions and get your mind out of your body, all the while it is circulating cerebral spinal fluid to your brain to put a certain pressure on the pineal gland. It’s very intense, and I’d imagine there would be people with certain health issues that couldn’t do this without causing some harm.

Either way, I do believe that we have the ability to “recondition our body to a new mind” by setting a clear intention paired with elevated emotions.
Old 18-11-2019, 05:07 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
From what I understand this breathing technique is supposed to release lower emotions and get your mind out of your body, all the while it is circulating cerebral spinal fluid to your brain to put a certain pressure on the pineal gland.

This doesn't sound at all right to me. There's a saying in meditation: "Put your body on the cushion and your mind in the body". The physiology of the vagus nerve that's the bi-directional highway between the brain and all the nerve plexus throughout the body is well-established science. Practices that focus on bodily sensations like calm abiding or mindfulness of sensations reinvigorates or strengthens this highway and that aides emotional meditations like loving-kindness and compassion.

This in direct opposition to getting mind out of the body and I'd trust philosophies that have been exploring this for thousands of years. Some of what Joe Dispenza says seems to make some sense (it's basically the same thing Eastern philosophy says just repackaged), however not this.

Wim Hof has some extreme breathing exercises and they actually make sense.