Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Suspended

Post Meditation -- Beginners Version

How to Meditate

Here are the basics of mindfulness meditation in 3 simple steps:

Sit comfortably and close your eyes.

Focus your full attention on the feeling of your breath coming in and going out. Pick a spot - nose, chest, belly - and just feel the inhale and exhale.

The third step is the biggie. As soon as you try to do this, Your mind is probably going to go nuts. You’re going to start thinking: What’s for lunch? Do I need a haircut? Why do celebrities marry other celebrities?

This is totally normal. All of our minds are a bit crazy. No big deal. As soon as you notice your mind has wandered, just return your attention to the breath.

That’s it. That’s how to meditate. No matter how many times you get lost, no matter how long you get lost for, as long as your are returning to the breath again and again - you are meditating.

Every time you catch yourself wandering and haul your attention back to the breath, it’s like a bicep curl for the brain. Not for nothing, it’s also a radical act; you’re breaking a lifetime’s habit of walking around in a fog of rumination and projection, and you’re actually focusing on what’s happening right now. You are building a mental muscle called ‘mindfulness’ - a complex and ancient term that we’ll give a simple, serviceable definition for in a moment.

I’ve heard from so many people who assume that they could never learn how to meditate because they can’t “clear the mind.” I can’t say this loudly or frequently enough: the goal is not to magically clear your mind; it’s to focus your mind -- for a few nanoseconds at a time -- and every time you get lost, just start again.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:15 PM

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Seeker

Simple technique that I can apply to my workday. This can be done by focusing your gaze on an object without having to close your eyes
Old 06-11-2019, 07:09 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starseedtruth
Simple technique that I can apply to my workday. This can be done by focusing your gaze on an object without having to close your eyes

Absolutely! Just about any object can be attended by awareness. Even something as simple as rubbing your thumb and index finger and attending the sensation.