Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 06-05-2014, 07:00 PM
rkajs

Hypnosis to help my feelings on an EX

Dont know if its possible so Im asking here. I have been heartbroken for 10 months now over a breakup and really trying to help heal myself with affirmations, building self esteem, learning to meditate, but the problem I keep having is that everything reminds me of him and the memories come flooding back. Good memories, but then I just get so sad because he is no longer in my life. Being in this sad place for 10 months just has to stop.

I would like to do something that triggers a better feeling in me when these memories come flooding back.

Is there some kind of hypnosis I can try or do you have any other suggestions?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Knower
Hunni have you tried getting back out into the big blue sea? Your time with a sea snail has mearly taught you life lessons its tie to meet your dolphin and be hapoy be glad of the kessons you learnt hope your ok your beautiful go enjoy life xxx
Old 06-05-2014, 07:44 PM
lilybug

It took me 2 years to get over an ex! I dated other people but would always break up with them because it just didn't feel fair to date someone while I still loved another man. I stopped dating for a while as well as got rid of everything and everyone that reminded me of him. I personally do not believe there is a quick fix you have to put in the effort to stop the memories. Replace the thoughts with jumping jacks or cleaning pick any activity that involves moving your body so every time you think of him immediately get up and do something do not allow yourself to go through the full memory. It's not easy but if you want to get over him you have to work hard to do it. There may be hypnosis and if so it's worth a try but just know your not alone it happens to a lot of people but I can promise you it won't last forever there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry but I do have to disagree with bloosomfairy I wouldn't go out dating others and you will realize why if you do because it won't feel right unless your free from the burden of your past.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 PM
rkajs

Im trying, but its not so easy. I think it would be TOTALLY different if I met someone else. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet.
Old 24-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Master

You might use guided self hypnosis to find what repressed materal you have , then let it go .
Old 27-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkajs
Dont know if its possible so Im asking here. I have been heartbroken for 10 months now over a breakup and really trying to help heal myself with affirmations, building self esteem, learning to meditate, but the problem I keep having is that everything reminds me of him and the memories come flooding back. Good memories, but then I just get so sad because he is no longer in my life. Being in this sad place for 10 months just has to stop.

I would like to do something that triggers a better feeling in me when these memories come flooding back.

Is there some kind of hypnosis I can try or do you have any other suggestions?

These are some suggestions for you:

A reputable, professional hypnotherapist
Psychologist or Psychiatrist, if you think you're suffering from depression
Reiki healing session (healing through Chi energy)
Crystals (Rose Quartz, Kyanite, and Hematite) Rose quartz heals the heart and attracts love, kyanite balances emotions, hematite grounds you and lessens anxiety and worry.
Work on loving yourself. Build yourself up. Look in the mirror and say "I love myself. I am beautiful. People love me." Say it every day for 30 days. You'll feel amazing. You just have to believe in the words
Make a list of all the things that you need to let go of in the relationship. It's all about forgiving yourself. Two of the most damaging words we can tell ourselves are "IF ONLY." Forgive yourself for any mistakes you think you made and let it go, doll!
Old 17-06-2014, 07:38 AM
TommyHG

The truth is hypnosis can’t make you forget the one who caused you heartache. However, you can use hypnosis and other similar modalities that have the ability to go deeper than logic and act as powerful catalysts to help you heal emotionally and release the addictive thoughts that often plague us after break-up and divorce.
Old 30-07-2014, 08:45 AM
RexyBelief

Hypnosis may help you but these things do take time. You can use techniques to help with the process but there is no quick fix for this
Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Seeker
This is one of the main reasons I decided to try hypnotherapy in 2010. I was devastated after a breakup and just knew if I didn't alter my thought patterns I'd pine over her for year and years (just like the last girlfriend).

I went to a professional hypnotherapist for a handful of sessions and it was incredible. The best part was that I learned to do it myself at home (self-hypnosis).

I kept a detailed journal of my progress and wrote down positive suggestions before going into a deep trance state. Once I was in that dreamy altered state, I visualized things like: watching her float away on an air balloon until I could no longer see her, or putting all of our memories into a scrapbook and burying them in a field... then watching flowers grow overtop the grave, signifying new growth from the end of our relationship.

Doing this often helped dramatically. Memories of my ex seemed so far away in my mind, like an old dusty chapter in my life story.

Seriously, it really works if you BELIEVE it works, but you need to be creative and use your imagination. It's not always as simple as internally uttering some affirmations.

I know you posted this quite a while ago—have you made any progress?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 AM
AnandinBhisajKurma

I wholeheartedly suggest yoga. Its brings together the mind, body, and soul in a way that clears your mind and allows release.

Also, google "etheric cords" and "etheric cord cutting."

These strategies have helped me most of all.

I feel your pain.

Namaste