Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 26-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Yes probably narrowminded here.

He is generally one of the most respected Gurus in modern India by schoolars, saints and seekers.
He would see often thousands of people a day helping out.

His miracles are well documented.

But he belongs to a class of Guru's that are Avadhut's.

Wiki

Avadhuta's actions are beyond normal. But their effects and spiritual power to bless and transform and emit blissfull effects.
Most of the time he was just sitting in bliss emanating this state to seekers.

Wiki

Just because of your negative post about him I have to praise him a little

Ram Dass:
"

So he built villages and roads and helped the society in large means wherever he went.

Those old Avadhut's
Old 27-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I then showed you where light and dark are man made and in reality there is no light and dark, heaven and earth.. It is all one and the same..

Did you miss those quotes?

No, I said that you don't believe in energy, yet you are a Qigong teacher...

I find that interesting to say the least.

I will report you if you continue to bring one line sentences that don't add value... like others have noticed you doing..

You are free to disagree with me, many do.. but if you do so I would ask that you bring a quote and a reference instead of your normal snarky comments..

An example being when asked what is the One that emerges from the Dao?

Your reply:

Understand?

" I find that interesting to say the least "

It's good to have interests but sometimes they become attachments and that's not a wise move...

What interest's some one day can change as all is in flux, you could become bored with your interest in the future, but then some look for other interests to fill the void...
Old 27-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" I find that interesting to say the least "

It's good to have interests but sometimes they become attachments and that's not a wise move...

What interest's some one day can change as all is in flux, you could become bored with your interest in the future, but then some look for other interests to fill the void...

Or it could be a statement regarding the character of the person of interest.

Maybe they will change in the future...

Who knows why they do what they do to fill the void within themselves. So far it seems more about trying to make fun of others, denying others experience than any real growth..

We can hope... yes maybe the future will bring some changes.
Old 27-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Knower

New Avadhuta post for Django

Quote:
Now approaching his early twenties and wearing only a loincloth and often not even that, he lived a life of great simplicity in the region's rocks, caves, and forests. It was a familiar sight to see him standing stiffly in a tree before the local Mahakali temple at Kaup. People would gather below his tree, mingling without regard for caste or creed, and the Master would shower them with leaves that recipients prized for their healing power. One day, after the crowd dispersed,a blind man stayed behind and begged for help, explaining the burden he was to his family. After a while, saying nothing, Nityananda climbed down and rubbed the man's eyes with leaves from the tree. The man arose next morning to find his sight restored.

Another time, in Manjeshwar, there was a man whose mother suffered from a painful lump in her leg. When medicines brought no relief, he went to Nityananda, who was standing as usual in a tree. He said, "This one knows and is there." The son, however, did not understand. He went home and returned with his mother in a carriage--but the Master had vanished. After searching in vain, they went home to find him descending from their attic. He silently massaged the astonished woman's leg for several minutes and then departed. The mother recovered completely.

Yet another story tells of a widow who brought her six year old daughter. Nityananda said, "But the child has been blind from birth. Why do you insist I change this? Let the child say what she wants." The child then said, "I would like to see my mother once." The Master said nothing. After a while he asked them to leave. It was the mother's custom to first bathe the child, put her in a safe spot, and them perform her own ablutions. That day, as she returned, her daughter jumped up and shouted that she saw her. Their joy lasted only minutes before the blindness returned. It seems Nityananda chose not to interfere with the child's destiny.

"An Avadhoota has conquered death and birth. He has no consciousness of the body. An Avadhoota has gone beyond all Gunas (qualities). He is the knower of the “Omniscient Light.” He has no consciousness of the “i.” Such is a Raja Yogi, not a Hatha Yogi. When he comes to a village, he feels glad, whomsoever he may see. He has no consciousness of duality though he moves here and there. He has no hunger. He eats plentifully if he gets plenty of eatables. If he does not get, he will not ask anybody.

Those who give to him poison and those who give to him milk are the same to him. Those who beat him and those who love him are the same to him. To an Avadhoota, the universe is the father, the mother, and the relation. He becomes the universe and the universe becomes he. The universe is merged in him"

Nityananda

Last edited by Bindu* : 27-04-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:38 AM
Deactivated Account
healers, psychics, and gurus come in all flavors. its my belief there are as many gods as they are people. and everyone will live that when its time for them to. its not a bad thing but an amazing thing. that that is possible. which is why if transcedence to bliss and silence has value to somebosy then look for that. rather than an ideal persona. if looking for it to rub off on one from a person. it can come from other things to. for me that is mostly nature and from myself. but i appreciate that it comes from the presence of another person as well. its all good

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 28-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:

New Avadhuta post for Django

"An Avadhoota has conquered death and birth. He has no consciousness of the body. An Avadhoota has gone beyond all Gunas (qualities). He is the knower of the “Omniscient Light.” He has no consciousness of the “i.” Such is a Raja Yogi, not a Hatha Yogi. When he comes to a village, he feels glad, whomsoever he may see. He has no consciousness of duality though he moves here and there. He has no hunger. He eats plentifully if he gets plenty of eatables. If he does not get, he will not ask anybody.

Those who give to him poison and those who give to him milk are the same to him. Those who beat him and those who love him are the same to him. To an Avadhoota, the universe is the father, the mother, and the relation. He becomes the universe and the universe becomes he. The universe is merged in him"

Nityananda

Thanks for posting this Bindu, helps to give me a broader perspective on all this
Old 29-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Knower

My pleasure Django.

The issue of finding a true Guru is complex. It's easy to get distracted.
This info came to me recently. The nondualist teacher Andrew Cohen seems to have come to awareness of lacks in his own issues.

http://www.andrewcohen.com/open-letter/
Quote:
"In so many ways I thought I was awake when I was clearly not"

Nondualist teachings are often extra sensitive for ego delusions, type vedanta or Jnana yoga.
et.c. Subtle ego issues still linger

Jonesboy:
Quote:
Why only once if he can speed you along?

Also, do you think distance matters?

I think the main realistic thing for many to do is to get access to a genuine body of teachings.
To get a mantra that is alive in a lineage in initiation may be worth millions.
Therefore meeting a Guru once may be enough.

But often these organisations coming up around Guru's can be of mixed qualities.
But even difficulties with teachers and organisations may be issues that are meant to be experienced on the path, and may be positive in the end.

About distance to a teacher...
Distance seems to not matter as people may get intiation in dreams or by other means.

My kundalini did start to ascend while just reading a book of a teacher.

But actually when meeting the teacher in physical form, more intense experiences did occur.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Master
Quote:

Jonesboy:

I think the main realistic thing for many to do is to get access to a genuine body of teachings.
To get a mantra that is alive in a lineage in initiation may be worth millions.
Therefore meeting a Guru once may be enough.

But often these organisations coming up around Guru's can be of mixed qualities.
But even difficulties with teachers and organisations may be issues that are meant to be experienced on the path, and may be positive in the end.

About distance to a teacher...
Distance seems to not matter as people may get intiation in dreams or by other means.

My kundalini did start to ascend while just reading a book of a teacher.

But actually when meeting the teacher in physical form, more intense experiences did occur.

Very cool and thank you Bindu.

Let me know if you are interested in having any more guru experiences.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Guide

In many sampradayas, Guru is part of the Guru-sishya relationship, and you can't have one without the other. If the Guru has nobody willing to listen, or to be taught, then he really isn't a Guru at all. Similarly if the seeker/student doesn't have someone to guide, then there is no Guru for him.

Traditionally this is like a tutorial. Yes, the Guru may speak to a small crowd (as Ramana Maharishi did) but at the core it's a one to one relationship, and the devotee gets personal and direct advice applicable to him/her alone. Why? Because we are all individual souls on this path to the Self. Each individual has slightly varying needs, and the realised Satguru can speak to those needs.

So because of time constraints, traditional paramparas remained and still do remain small. Quality over quantity.

Still, there is some value in reading books by Gurus, or attending a mass-market Guru's lectures or darshan sessions. But at the very core of any traditional Hindu Guru-sishya teaching, it's one to one.

There are also things like Guru protocol and loyalty involved, as in any relationship, like family, marriage, even friendship.

Just my two bits.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
In many sampradayas, Guru is part of the Guru-sishya relationship, and you can't have one without the other. If the Guru has nobody willing to listen, or to be taught, then he really isn't a Guru at all. Similarly if the seeker/student doesn't have someone to guide, then there is no Guru for him.

Traditionally this is like a tutorial. Yes, the Guru may speak to a small crowd (as Ramana Maharishi did) but at the core it's a one to one relationship, and the devotee gets personal and direct advice applicable to him/her alone. Why? Because we are all individual souls on this path to the Self. Each individual has slightly varying needs, and the realised Satguru can speak to those needs.

So because of time constraints, traditional paramparas remained and still do remain small. Quality over quantity.

Still, there is some value in reading books by Gurus, or attending a mass-market Guru's lectures or darshan sessions. But at the very core of any traditional Hindu Guru-sishya teaching, it's one to one.

There are also things like Guru protocol and loyalty involved, as in any relationship, like family, marriage, even friendship.

Just my two bits.

99% never say a word or think to. its 99% behind the scenes as its not the mouth that does things. it is the spirit that does. their presence on the planet is the makings of helping people.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4