Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-11-2014, 02:32 AM
PierceHerVeil

Is Astral Projection Just A Lucid Dream?

Is astral projection just a lucid dream or are the two different ?
How are they different ?
I'm planning on practicing astral projection (:
Can I astral project from a lucid dream by willing it?
Which one should I start practicing first ? Or should I do both?

This is a little expiernce of mine while attempting a Lucid dream while doing the WILD technique. All in all I guess I basically almost had a Projection too.

I was lying in bed after sleeping for 6 hours
And decided to try and WILD for a lucid dream
But after the first attempt didn't work I decided to just stay up for about an hour or two and wait for my dad to go to work.

It was about 7 in the morning and I was actually getting very tired and decided to sleep.
Well the thing is that I wasn't trying to WILD this time, & had forgot all about it.

As I was falling asleep my dad would occasionally make a noise or two while he's getting ready and that would snap me back on the edge of reality.

And then at one point, I started to see a little light bulb appear in my vision. Since I was pretty much asleep but a little aware I thought this was all normal ( like how I would think everything in a dream is normal but wake up and realize it wasn't ) well then all of a sudden I thought to myself " wait... When did this light get in my room? " It felt like my eyes were open but I knew they were closed. I tried to make the image take over but I guesss I focused on it to much and it faded away );

Please tell me what you think about all of this guys (: I would really appreciate it.
Old 21-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceHerVeil
How are they different ?
There is some disagreement as to whether or not lucid dreaming (LD) is different than astral projection (AP). Personally I think them different. Doesn't really matter, what matters is that the techniques for learning one or the other are quite different. There is a technique to AP from a LD but it requires you master LD first. I recommend you pick one and learn it first. Otherwise confusion is likely. You seem to prefer AP so go with that.
Old 21-11-2014, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceHerVeil
How are they different ?

This is a little expiernce of mine while attempting a Lucid dream while doing the WILD technique. All in all I guess I basically almost had a Projection too.

I was lying in bed after sleeping for 6 hours
And decided to try and WILD for a lucid dream
But after the first attempt didn't work I decided to just stay up for about an hour or two and wait for my dad to go to work.

It was about 7 in the morning and I was actually getting very tired and decided to sleep.
Well the thing is that I wasn't trying to WILD this time, & had forgot all about it.

As I was falling asleep my dad would occasionally make a noise or two while he's getting ready and that would snap me back on the edge of reality.

And then at one point, I started to see a little light bulb appear in my vision. Since I was pretty much asleep but a little aware I thought this was all normal ( like how I would think everything in a dream is normal but wake up and realize it wasn't ) well then all of a sudden I thought to myself " wait... When did this light get in my room? " It felt like my eyes were open but I knew they were closed. I tried to make the image take over but I guesss I focused on it to much and it faded away );

Please tell me what you think about all of this guys (: I would really appreciate it.
Technically speaking they are slightly different but they are of the same make-up. We dream and project into the same bodies and dimensions and so anything we experience in a dream we can experience in a projection, anything we experience in a projection we can experience in a dream. The only real different between a dream, a lucid dream, and a projection is the moment in which a person enters a conscious state of thought and awareness. In a regular dream they never will, in a lucid dream they typically will a while after their consciousness has shifted into another body and dimension, in a projection they will usually be conscious all the way up until that shift and have a few moments being unconscious as that shift occurs, then becoming fully conscious moments after it happens. Of course of all those can be quite flexible as you can maintain consciousness even during that shift and even in what would be considered a lucid dream, so in reality there isn't much of a difference between a lucid dream and a projection.
Old 22-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Technically speaking they are slightly different but they are of the same make-up. We dream and project into the same bodies and dimensions and so anything we experience in a dream we can experience in a projection, anything we experience in a projection we can experience in a dream. The only real different between a dream, a lucid dream, and a projection is the moment in which a person enters a conscious state of thought and awareness. In a regular dream they never will, in a lucid dream they typically will a while after their consciousness has shifted into another body and dimension, in a projection they will usually be conscious all the way up until that shift and have a few moments being unconscious as that shift occurs, then becoming fully conscious moments after it happens. Of course of all those can be quite flexible as you can maintain consciousness even during that shift and even in what would be considered a lucid dream, so in reality there isn't much of a difference between a lucid dream and a projection.
Quoted for Truth. It is basically the same thing except different degrees of consciousness. I have also been thinking that our subconscious mind sometimes interprets the stimulus in the dimension as symbols and images instead of seeing them as what they really are, like you would in Astral Projection.