Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 PM
cweiters

What is Love

I get so much out of your post TzuJanLi:

IMHO Love is the creator, the nucleus or source of absolute power, unshakable, unchangeable, unsearchable and unmeasureable power. This power can not be measured by research or scientist because the force field of Love is so vast in magnitude that no one race, religion or organization all put together could never…. come close to creating an instrument to measure Love. Those of us who want to feel the true power within ourselves we know, love is the mirror that will reflect our true spiritual nature.

IMHO Love was not created to be controlled, defined or measured only to feel and enjoy the splendor of its power, without it mankind is doomed. For this reason I will continue to send it out to the universe to all mankind, strangers from all parts of the globe. Creatures of the land, water and air I give all my love as best as I know how at this time. The force of Love has a radiance that is infinite rearching far beyond the galaxy we know.

Love to all
cw
Old 09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
dreamer

I had this thought earlier:

God is everything.
Love is the full expression of everything in perfect balance.
Love is not neccessarily the individual parts that make up the everything.
Once you understand that that love is the sum of everything, that everything is in perfect balance and that to remove anything will cause imbalance, you can learn to love every constituent part for the balance it brings to the whole.
By loving the constituent parts you bring them into harmony and all becomes one (love).
Old 10-01-2007, 06:27 AM
cweiters

Wow

Wow dreamer!
I Love........it!

Love is the unification force which connect us all together.All things are so in devine order imo. Just today my daughter came home with work from her Art class, the assignment was color and define LOVE.

I was quite amazed yet proud of her answer which was; different colors scribbled all out side of the lines of the word LOVE. She then said:

Love is all the colors, to name ALL the colors is the definition of LOVE.

The other students called her crazy after comparing her paper to their neatly colored LOVE of one color red, purple, or pink she said "I just smiled."

Love to all
cw
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 AM
dreamer

Nice one, seems to me that love is a form of stable craziness i.e. gives the stability to allow one to contravine normal laws of etiquette and conventions.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
nvlonline

love is a state

just like hunger, anger and fear...Love is an emotion.

But the difference is all other emotions have a biological reason; perhaps survival or reproduction.

Love on the other hand is a Spiritual Need. It is a need to be and feel connected to other energy beings... the other energy beings do not have to be human beings or spouses...

any sense of joy and appreciation without a motive or need is Love... for example, you might feel joyous when you see a little baby smile.. that is Love... You do not know why such a serene scene gives you joy or pleasure, but it does give you..

We do not understand it just because it cannot be seen from the dimensions that we see the physicial needs... it needs to be felt in a different dimension of spirituality..

Check my explanation of what love is spiritually here.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
traveller

Although, in some of his writings, the Apostle Paul could be one tight-cheeked little prig, he did manage to write something wonderful on occasion. The following is one of those things. (By the way, the following is from the Bible in Basic English instead of the King James Version because, in the KJV, the word "love" is translated as "charity", which has a different meaning today.)

If I make use of the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am like sounding brass, or a loud-tongued bell. And if I have a prophet's power, and have knowledge of all secret things; and if I have all faith, by which mountains may be moved from their place, but have not love, I am nothing. And if I give all my goods to the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it is of no profit to me.

Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride; Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil; It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true; Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things.

Though the prophet's word may come to an end, tongues come to nothing, and knowledge have no more value, love has no end. For our knowledge is only in part, and the prophet's word gives only a part of what is true: But when that which is complete is come, then that which is in part will be no longer necessary.

When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child. For now we see things in a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now my knowledge is in part; then it will be complete, even as God's knowledge of me.

But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

- I Corinthians. Chapter 13. (BBE)

I can
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
purplemint

IMO Love is acceptance! This begins with ones self.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
flashstorm

For most people their experience of Love comes from parents, partners, children and friends. These relationships are quite important for the experience of Love as it relates to the emotions and the astral body. When it comes to experiencing love from a spiritual, cosmic and divine perspective Love embraces all things and all beings. What this means is that Love sustains even something that is directly the antithesis of human existence. That is it is beyond the familiar emotional terms that human beings use to define love. Love embraces all the suffering, darkness and terrible tragedies that are in the world, however much pain they cause humanity. There is a bliss and an ecstacy in Love that celebrates the beginning and end of human existence as one shining moment in eternity. What this means is that our spirits are far more than the human evolution on this planet. Yet the divine Love that is in our spirits seeks expression in this age of the world and in the limitations which we incarnated into. What this translates into is an overwhelming compassion for the whole human race.

Last edited by flashstorm : 10-01-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Flashstorm: Your description resonates well and has insightful depth, but.. i am hoping to bring the experience we call "Love" into our current situation, our physical manifestation.. Love is a broadly used term which, as evidenced here, has many broad interpretations.. most of which describe attributes of Love, but fail to define it..

Another description of "Love" which resonates with me is its Verb form.. Love is something we Do.. it's easily recognizable as broad descriptions such "love is ALL things".. or, Love embraces the human experience.. but, what do we DO with this knowledge..
Quote:

What this translates into is an overwhelming compassion for the whole human race.
While we watch the horrific events that bring suffering to our brothers and sisters we feel the emotion of Compassion well-up inside of us.. and that is a beautiful awareness of our inherent connection to all things, but.. the suffering, the injustice, the subtle discriminations, the little hurts, they are still there.. we haven't converted the compassion to action..

Compassion is the emotion, Love is the action born of that emotion.. we are faced with choices regarding the awareness of "Love" as the many concepts expressed here.. awareness of these concepts is wisdom, expressing that awareness is Enlightenment.. we can be wholly aware of the many concepts expressed here and yet our deeds can be contrary to the concepts.. Love is expressing these concepts by the lives we live.. giving without expectation, doing the things that create harmony, not because it's the right thing to do.. but, because that is who we are..

I whole-heartedly embrace many of the notions and descriptions of Love expressed in this thread.. more than that, though, i rejoice at "love" expressed, as the living examples of those notions.. it's kind of like admiring the beauty, the design , the capabilities of a fine sports car.. those concepts achieve meaning only when the car is driven to its potential, when it is expressed.. Having the knowledge is wisdom, creating harmony with it is enlightenment..

Be well..
Old 11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
lemmex

Of everything that struck me important is the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

While we watch the horrific events that bring suffering to our brothers and sisters we feel the emotion of Compassion well-up inside of us.. and that is a beautiful awareness of our inherent connection to all things, but.. the suffering, the injustice, the subtle discriminations, the little hurts, they are still there.. we haven't converted the compassion to action..

How do you express this Love or act on it. My response to TzuJan comment which struck me deeply is to the awareness people tend to withdraw. As a down to earth person I want to see it expressed with my eyes that I may see it defined. Love is "everything" said so far. But if Love is not acted on then what is its value. I think for most people, love is seen as a sacrafice, that we have to give something up to obtain or understand it. That it is as unobtainable as unexplainable to some. What I do think, is love is dormait and if we are to see it requires an awakening. The difficultity I have here, is comes from no definable source.

As part of that working understanding, I say love is an expression......
Closed Thread