Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Jolandie

I finally did it

Hey just want to share some good news. After years of not being able to project it just happened.

I was lying on my bed thinking I so don't want to be here when I started drifting off. It was black at first and then I felt myself floating. I was floating in the air above a stream and then I saw a dark haired guy in a black shirt and a denim rowing a boat. So naturally I started singing "row row row your boat gently down the stream".

So while his rowing I sing the song a few times and all of a sudden he looks up at me and says to me, "You know that's very annoying."

I'm like "Sorry" and I giggle. He waves it off with a hand gesture and makes another gesture for me to come down as he stands up to get out of the boat. So I land in the shallow stream with a splash and we both stand smiling at each other like a couple of idiots for a moment.

Then he waves his hand in another gesture so that I look down. He shows me the round pebbles in the water and then waves his hand in the direction of some cliffs that are formed like an ampitheather. He smiles at me and says. " See, all this can be yours one day."

I look at the cliffs and every now and then these people dressed like druids appear and dissappear on the steps that are carved in it. But I can't see their faces. They are all dressed in white like a person who throws a sheet over their head. When I look back at the guy with the black hair he shakes his head as if to say don't ask.

Then I'm floating again and I'm back in my physical body. So cool!!!

Why show me the pebbles though?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Master
This sounds like a very interesting experience and the guy saying that was annoying was very funny. To me personally though this sounds more like a lucid dream than it does a projection. Don't get me wrong lucid dreams are projections they just have really one major noticable difference. You didn't mention anything about exit sensations, leaving your body, the RTZ (Real Time Zone), flying out of the RTZ into the black void, or flying through the black void into the planes. Now obviously projecting is going to be a slightly different process for everyone, but there are some major indicators missing to make me believe it was a projection.

The only real difference between a lucid dream and a projection is that during a lucid dream we are typically not conscious while we leave our body and travel into the astral planes. It's once we are inside of the planes that we become lucid and from that point on it mirrors a projection. So with that said do you have any recollection of the moments before leaving your body? Do you recall actually leaving your body? Do you recall seeing the RTZ or flying out of the space you were in after leaving your body and traveling into a black empty zone? Or do you recall flying through the black empty zone into the area your experience took place?

I have no doubt your experience occured in the astral planes, it's just a matter of if it was a lucid dream or a projection. You left out some of the major events that exhibit the process of astral projection. Either way though it sounds like it was a great experience regardless of if it was a lucid dream or a projection! Congratulations!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Henri77

Cool story.
It's funny how these things are so tough for many of us to accomplish.
Then it simply happens.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
If this was your first ever astral projection, my bet is you would have felt some strange vibrations, and heard some odd noises first, before you landed up where you did in the boat.
The first projection/s usually start with blaring full consciousness, a slight shocked feeling at first, plus quite weird noises. OK this doesn't have to necessarily happen in every single case...though there are more cases where it does, when going out for the first time.
The noises and vibrations -it is said- are the adjustment to the higher vibrational level of even the low astral planes in comparison to the physical (grossest dimension) And that it's a re-tuning of the subtle body to adapt to the new dimension
The first time out I was firstly -convinced I was dying, secondly, had the weirdest rippling vibrations up and down my body coupled with what's known as "sleep-paralysis", and I heard noises very similar to an aircraft jet engine gearing up for take-off, which was quite deafening. plus what sounded like buzzing electrical short-circuit sounds.

I was freaked! I didn't even believe in astral projection! And the worst of all this, I was in full, stark, consciousness all through it. I was trying to figure out what the heck was happening to me, and whether there might be an electrical short-circuit in my apartment, and I'd had it.

Now going out for the first time doesn't have to be as dramatic as this. But my bet is you would have heard some noises, or felt some sensations out of the "norm".

Going out on to the Astral straight from a lucid dream, would mean at some point you would have had a flash of clear awareness that you were dreaming. And that would have been unforgettable if it happened for the first time. Then you would have moved on from the dream scenario, aware and awake.
Is that what happened?
If none of those things happened, or anything similar, this could be a really interesting dream instead. Don't knock it, however. Some of our happiest moments, and inspirations are in ordinary dreams.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
If this was your first ever astral projection, my bet is you would have felt some strange vibrations, and heard some odd noises first, before you landed up where you did in the boat.
The first projection/s usually start with blaring full consciousness, a slight shocked feeling at first, plus quite weird noises. OK this doesn't have to necessarily happen in every single case...though there are more cases where it does, when going out for the first time.
The noises and vibrations -it is said- are the adjustment to the higher vibrational level of even the low astral planes in comparison to the physical (grossest dimension) And that it's a re-tuning of the subtle body to adapt to the new dimension
The first time out I was firstly -convinced I was dying, secondly, had the weirdest rippling vibrations up and down my body coupled with what's known as "sleep-paralysis", and I heard noises very similar to an aircraft jet engine gearing up for take-off, which was quite deafening. plus what sounded like buzzing electrical short-circuit sounds.

I was freaked! I didn't even believe in astral projection! And the worst of all this, I was in full, stark, consciousness all through it. I was trying to figure out what the heck was happening to me, and whether there might be an electrical short-circuit in my apartment, and I'd had it.

Now going out for the first time doesn't have to be as dramatic as this. But my bet is you would have heard some noises, or felt some sensations out of the "norm".

Going out on to the Astral straight from a lucid dream, would mean at some point you would have had a flash of clear awareness that you were dreaming. And that would have been unforgettable if it happened for the first time. Then you would have moved on from the dream scenario, aware and awake.
Is that what happened?
If none of those things happened, or anything similar, this could be a really interesting dream instead. Don't knock it, however. Some of our happiest moments, and inspirations are in ordinary dreams.

I am siding with it being a lucid dream. I think when she says she came to and was flying is when she became aware she was dreaming, she just thought it was a projection. In reality it was a projection but when you do not recall leaving your body and traveling into the planes I classify that as a dream or lucid dream depending upon your level of awareness. She was clearly aware from that point on so I would have to say it was likely to be a lucid dream. You are correct though in my first projections my exit sensations were extremely profound.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Jolandie

No it's not my first projection but I haven't been able to do it in so long. I left out the whole exiting thing because I deemed it boring.

I lay there for quite some time struggling with the "exit sensations" as you call it, when at last I just told myself to stop fighting it. So I relaxed into it (thats what I meant with drifting off) and I found myself in a darkerness floating, everythingy became black. I don't remember anything between the exiting sensations and the blackness I just remember the sensation of floating.

But I never seemed to float up I just floated or drifted into the blackness and came out floating above the boat. I didn't fly I floated, drifted like a cloud. So I think I went down instead of up.

I was consciously aware the whole time. I don't know if this was a lucid dream. What do you think?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolandie
No it's not my first projection but I haven't been able to do it in so long. I left out the whole exiting thing because I deemed it boring.

I lay there for quite some time struggling with the "exit sensations" as you call it, when at last I just told myself to stop fighting it. So I relaxed into it (thats what I meant with drifting off) and I found myself in a darkerness floating, everythingy became black. I don't remember anything between the exiting sensations and the blackness I just remember the sensation of floating.

But I never seemed to float up I just floated or drifted into the blackness and came out floating above the boat. I didn't fly I floated, drifted like a cloud. So I think I went down instead of up.

I was consciously aware the whole time. I don't know if this was a lucid dream. What do you think?

Sounds like a projection after you filled in the blanks. The black void zone is in any direction. Up, down, or if you fly out sideways of the RTZ you can enter the black void zone. I personally fly up because if you fly down or in your case float down you're more likely to end up in the notorious lower-planes. Flying up you're more likely to end up in the higher planes. But after what you just said it sounds like it's a projection to me.
Old 19-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Astral Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolandie
Hey just want to share some good news. After years of not being able to project it just happened.

I just bump this up because it is refreshing to finally read something positive on an AP forum.

All those threads about failures and people worried not to AP dont help those who want to AP because it feed all the negative energies/thoughts.

So, to change a bit I bump this thread.

Anyone can do it, even if it can take some time for some people ! Let's keep faith about success ! :)