Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Master

Religious and spiritual is basically the same thing, it's all based on beliefs. The spiritual like to think they're better than the religious, which is an ego boost, and vice versa. Every belief system has people who see their own beliefs as the truth, as opposed to the outsiders who just have 'beliefs'. We always like to think we're better or wiser than others, but the truth is we're just the same. The New Age has a lot of talk about ego these days, but what they don't seem to realize is that putting down religion is very much about ego.
Old 23-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Master
I think its the other way around, the Christians think their better, I know I've been there. done that.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think its the other way around, the Christians think their better, I know I've been there. done that.
Yeah I was saying we all tend to do that. We tend to think our understanding is better than other groups when it comes to spirituality. It's silly though because it's all subjective belief. The idea that someone else's beliefs are a fantasy and ours are true doesn't make any sense because we don't actually know anything, spirituality/'religion is about beliefs. Some believe in a true self and an opposing force called ego, others belief in a god on a throne.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Yeah I was saying we all tend to do that. We tend to think our understanding is better than other groups when it comes to spirituality. It's silly though because it's all subjective belief. The idea that someone else's beliefs are a fantasy and ours are true doesn't make any sense because we don't actually know anything, spirituality/'religion is about beliefs. Some believe in a true self and an opposing force called ego, others belief in a god on a throne.
Yea this why i don't like having beliefs, i may talk about certain things for the simple reason that we need to communicate some how, but what I say i never believe in, I just say what i say, and the next day i might say something different, but fundamentalist, well they cannot do that, their caught in their own trap.
Old 23-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yea this why i don't like having beliefs, i may talk about certain things for the simple reason that we need to communicate some how, but what I say i never believe in, I just say what i say, and the next day i might say something different, but fundamentalist, well they cannot do that, their caught in their own trap.
We can't help having beliefs, we all have them. I think what you're saying is you want to be flexible and not get trapped in one thing. That's good, I agree with that.
Old 23-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Master
The reason why Spirituality is above Religion is because spirituality is the open mindedness of inclusive and expansive beliefs. Religion is the rigid exclusive set of beliefs.

They really are not two sides of same coin. Atheism and Theism or Atheism and Religion are two sides of the same coin. Both have zero proof in the other and zero have any interest in developing a Truth from experience.
Old 23-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
We can't help having beliefs, we all have them. I think what you're saying is you want to be flexible and not get trapped in one thing. That's good, I agree with that.
Yep you've got it.
Old 23-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The reason why Spirituality is above Religion is because spirituality is the open mindedness of inclusive and expansive beliefs. Religion is the rigid exclusive set of beliefs.

They really are not two sides of same coin. Atheism and Theism or Atheism and Religion are two sides of the same coin. Both have zero proof in the other and zero have any interest in developing a Truth from experience.
I don't believe there's a difference. You still believe you have the Truth. That's exactly what you accuse your enemy of doing.

Experience is subjective as well. Many times people that are very religious will tell you they believe because of their experiences.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Experiencer
those who say they are not religious but spiritual, are religious about spirituality. when one becomes spiritual, they realise that the two words mean the same thing
Old 26-10-2013, 05:06 PM
spiritsofthewolf

I say that I am more spiritual than religious, not because I do or do not go to church, but because I do not follow or believe in any one way of any one religion. I do not think any religion is fully right nor fully wrong in their beliefs, I take what I feel is right for me, a little bit from everywhere and some from within. I can't say that I am religious, because I do not claim a religion.