Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Master
Does Christ have low self esteem?

Jesus displayed various characteristics which could be interpreted as Him having low self esteem. First of all He sacrificed Himself for others! Did He not love Himself? Is the act of dying for others an act of low self esteem? In this day and age I think many would say so.

Jesus often talked about others and how important it is to love them. Is this another sign that He did not value Himself? In this age we stress the importance of loving our self - not loving others. The love of others is often construed as having low self esteem.

So is Christ's selflessness a sign of low self esteem?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 24-11-2017, 01:46 AM
Master

assuming that the judgement of the people of this day is in fact correct, and he had low self esteem... would that really make a difference?

But self-esteem aside this guy had a lot of guts, to know for three years what his end must be yet carry himself through to it day by day even though when the end actually appeared he really would rather not have gone through with it?

Anyway I'm looking forward to your next thread, as pertains to how people would judge God harshly these days too.
Old 24-11-2017, 03:06 AM
Experiencer

Christ was being obedient to His Father. It is. Ecaude he has unconditional love for us that he chose to die on the cross for all of humanity's sins. Not low self esteem at all it's unconditional love
Old 24-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Jesus displayed various characteristics which could be interpreted as Him having low self esteem. First of all He sacrificed Himself for others! Did He not love Himself? Is the act of dying for others an act of low self esteem? In this day and age I think many would say so.

Jesus often talked about others and how important it is to love them. Is this another sign that He did not value Himself? In this age we stress the importance of loving our self - not loving others. The love of others is often construed as having low self esteem.

So is Christ's selflessness a sign of low self esteem?

'Low self esteem'.... no, just humility.
Old 24-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Lorelyen

I personally think he knew his time was almost up when he declared that one of his disciples would betray him. He'd got into an awful lot of trouble with the Rabbinical priesthood and the Romans branded him a troublemaker.

(You see similar things happening today but with less severe punishments - most times anyway - those defying the establishment party line cop it sooner or later.)

So I think that if he hadn't been arrested he'd have gone on with his ministry. An extremely wise person ready to humble himself. I agree with sky123 - humility. I do not believe he was the son of an external god up in the sky somewhere. Nor did he, I reckon.
Old 24-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Master
Humility is the key word here. I've noticed very often that humble people start to lose their self esteem or are branded as having low self esteem by others.

Humility & self esteem make for an interesting equation. How do they co-relate?

Old 24-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Master

The Bible discourages us from having any self-esteem, either low or high. The greatest commandment is to love God with all our strength. The second is to love our neighbor as ourselves. If we obey these commands we won't have much time left to think about ourselves at all.
Old 24-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Master
dnt no gud q u askt u did

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 24-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Honza;
Quote:
First of all He sacrificed Himself for others!

Hmm - yes He allowed that to be done to Him - FOR OUR SAKES - and look that's not low seklf esteem my friend - that is a rock solid foundational truth of Who and What He ACTUALLY is - the mortal life is unimportant when you already know the Self as an ETERNAL and Divine Soul - or in His case -the eternal Divine Source of All Creation...

Do you see..?...His is such an indominable spirit - He allowed that to be done to the mortal Yeshua simply because He was CAPABLE of dealing with it fully and simply because eit was VITAL it happen for OUR sakes...That is HIGH Self esteem - He knew that NOBODY ELSE in the entire Creation COULD do what He did, and so, without any pause or regret, He simply stepped up and did what was needed and what He knew He was fully capable of doing...For instance - the gospel of Judas, we clearly see Christ INSTRUCT Judas to "betray" Him - says it MUST be done - there is no doubt Christ was actually fully in control, leading it all just as He intended..

That is indeed then high self esteem - the Highest Self authority - He is leading the world, making it happen and indeed similarly, this is also what He advocate for US too - bow before NO MORTAL MAN He said - when you attain the Divine Presence, THEN and only then you will worship in truth... We too, are to be held in this supra high Self regard - equal to all else - not meek mild or subservient to those around - but neither domineering power craving or heirachical at their expense - EQUAL - be your own Self authority He said - love your brother and even your enemy as you do your own Soul - SAME in spirit - BOTH held in HIGHEST ESTEEM !!

Quote:
Jesus often talked about others and how important it is to love them. Is this another sign that He did not value Himself?

My friend - how to put this without sounding all girlie and wussy ?? - mate - you ARE LOVE itself..lol.. Do you not realise..?...

The ONLY way you will ever find true happiness for your Self is when you are loving someone freely and without condition or expectation !!! let it sink in a mo....

And realise then - to love all others before your own self is actually to love your Self before all others...lol....for you ARE LOVE - and so give of your Self freely always for that is your very nature - and when you freely experience your Nature without any inhibition, you will indeed be exstatic and will have found the "treasure that never fails".... Seek this inner truth always -the rewards are beyond our dreams...

Humility - I surely Self esteem that holds ALL in the SAME esteem regardless - humility is equality of spirit, understanding of personal nature - but - that does not mean meek, mild or submissive - Christ was anything BUT meek mild or submissive..

Last edited by Ab Origine : 25-11-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 25-11-2017, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The Bible discourages us from having any self-esteem, either low or high. The greatest commandment is to love God with all our strength. The second is to love our neighbor as ourselves. If we obey these commands we won't have much time left to think about ourselves at all.

So how does that equate with the New Age message of self love and self empowerment? Or with the Hindu and Buddhist message of self realisation?

It is because of reasons like these that the Western spirituality and the Eastern spirituality become incompatible.