Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 18-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Deactivated Account
questions

So out of curiosity I'm looking into why others have a worship to the earth. I'm assuming of course there is a love connection. But I'm wondering if others experience the power in things. For example from the clouds. When you look or just sense them can you feel the power in you? Is there mountains and trees or other things that kinda jump at you and it feels strong. Like you feel bigger?

Now I'm back tracking my journey. I followed my dreams I had. When I followed them I left everything behind. I had a good business and other things. But for me I began to become like I only cared about discovering a crazy powerful dream I had. It told me a lot of things I was going to do. And I could still contemplate about it. It has made me arrogant in that I stubbornly put it and my gut first. Its hard to explain. Like a bunch of me's came together into me and I had to begin to see everything differently.

So anyways, I will keep the stories behind my life out of it. Just a glimpse to give some idea of my journey.

What I found is I became to feel the Powers in the earth and sky. Especially water. These powers have completely redesigned me physically. They made themselves flow with me and made themselves through my body. So I live while in a state of bliss and ecstasy. Does the native Americans spirituality experience how one can become like this from the environment? I don't doubt some do. But I'm wondering what they have to say about the experience.

I have found tons of eastern Indian information about the bliss and ecstasy. But my experience is in connection with the planet. Its like it can't stop loving me. And I'm wanting to hear from others about similar relationships with the earth. Thanks

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 18-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Suspended
I can only reply to this with one of my YouTube Videos:

https://youtu.be/Ik7hc0wz9RU

Spirit Lightning Mystery
Old 18-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
So out of curiosity I'm looking into why others have a worship to the earth. I'm assuming of course there is a love connection. But I'm wondering if others experience the power in things. For example from the clouds. When you look or just sense them can you feel the power in you? Is there mountains and trees or other things that kinda jump at you and it feels strong. Like you feel bigger?

Now I'm back tracking my journey. I followed my dreams I had. When I followed them I left everything behind. I had a good business and other things. But for me I began to become like I only cared about discovering a crazy powerful dream I had. It told me a lot of things I was going to do. And I could still contemplate about it. It has made me arrogant in that I stubbornly put it and my gut first. Its hard to explain. Like a bunch of me's came together into me and I had to begin to see everything differently.

So anyways, I will keep the stories behind my life out of it. Just a glimpse to give some idea of my journey.

What I found is I became to feel the Powers in the earth and sky. Especially water. These powers have completely redesigned me physically. They made themselves flow with me and made themselves through my body. So I live while in a state of bliss and ecstasy. Does the native Americans spirituality experience how one can become like this from the environment? I don't doubt some do. But I'm wondering what they have to say about the experience.

I have found tons of eastern Indian information about the bliss and ecstasy. But my experience is in connection with the planet. Its like it can't stop loving me. And I'm wanting to hear from others about similar relationships with the earth. Thanks

I bolded the part I especially loved. It's as though you are seeing out from mother earth's own eyes, loving what she values....

I have an interconnectedness with the earth and all of nature, perhaps one day it will grow to the extent of your relationship with her, I certainly hope so.

Your situation is probably due to chakras being fully opened and needing to learn where to channel the energies. Bliss and ecstasy are wonderful but can be draining.
Old 18-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
I can only reply to this with one of my YouTube Videos:

https://youtu.be/Ik7hc0wz9RU

Spirit Lightning Mystery

That's a wonderful video! I could go on for ever about the flavors from the earth and sky. The ocean, lakes, and streams. Like I hear others go on about different teachers and such. I probably bore people about it. Lol. Thanks for sharing! And if I can ever refigure out how to post pictures I will post some more pictures of places of power.

Since you started a thread aboug spirit mountain i will bring up there is a mountain towards the end of i40 near the border of new mexico that literally yanks my crown open. Its a a native american truck stop called speedys in Lupton. When I sleep there it takes me a day to rebalance out. But the growth is worth it. Lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 19-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
I bolded the part I especially loved. It's as though you are seeing out from mother earth's own eyes, loving what she values....

I have an interconnectedness with the earth and all of nature, perhaps one day it will grow to the extent of your relationship with her, I certainly hope so.

Your situation is probably due to chakras being fully opened and needing to learn where to channel the energies. Bliss and ecstasy are wonderful but can be draining.

I must of not seen your post. Cause I just now saw this. Im sorry! Yes, my chakras opened up as you explained. And yes, oh my god was it exhausting. I literally felt a thousand times like dieing from pain and laughter. From exhaustion. From feeling intoxicated, toxicated and so on.

But over time things settled down and became an acclimated experience I can handle.

Thanks for your reply! And good look in your adventure!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 22-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Deactivated Account

I too love nature and enjoy the feeling I get when being surrounded by it.
Old 22-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Suspended
@ Running, Mt Taylor NM. is a Sacred Mountain for us Navajo
Old 23-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Raven Poet

What I have learned, both from oral teachings from Elders and from first hand experience, is everything has Spirit. Energy. Life. (Although some "life" is expressed in different ways other than the human-centric definition of life/living). Including this planet which provides our home in this reality.

It's so funny that you post this now, Running. Yesterday, I was sitting and just relaxing outside in my yard on a beautiful Spring evening. When all of a sudden - the best way I can describe it - the world shrank (?) to this small entity in my awareness. Or perhaps my awareness suddenly widened to a much more vast expanse than I've ever experienced before. And it felt like in that one moment of pure awareness, I could sense/feel the entire planet as a single spherical organism. Like I could hold it in my hand.

It was a profound moment. For in it, I felt such an intense intimacy and love for the planet and all the life forms on and in and around it. The water, the birds, the plant nations, the four-leggeds - everything - was right there before my inner eyes.

If I were to explain this experience, I'd say it was like the Earth wanted to show herself to me in that moment as a single but complex entity.

So I assume that the cultures of the world who value altered states of consciousness and sensory knowing, like I know my Anishinaabe culture does, must experience the same kind of love and closeness and deep connectedness to this planet - and maybe even the universe.
Old 25-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
@ Running, Mt Taylor NM. is a Sacred Mountain for us Navajo

New Mexico for me is my strongest connection. The energy there is incredible! Thanks for sharing about Mt Taylor!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 25-05-2015, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
What I have learned, both from oral teachings from Elders and from first hand experience, is everything has Spirit. Energy. Life. (Although some "life" is expressed in different ways other than the human-centric definition of life/living). Including this planet which provides our home in this reality.

It's so funny that you post this now, Running. Yesterday, I was sitting and just relaxing outside in my yard on a beautiful Spring evening. When all of a sudden - the best way I can describe it - the world shrank (?) to this small entity in my awareness. Or perhaps my awareness suddenly widened to a much more vast expanse than I've ever experienced before. And it felt like in that one moment of pure awareness, I could sense/feel the entire planet as a single spherical organism. Like I could hold it in my hand.

It was a profound moment. For in it, I felt such an intense intimacy and love for the planet and all the life forms on and in and around it. The water, the birds, the plant nations, the four-leggeds - everything - was right there before my inner eyes.

If I were to explain this experience, I'd say it was like the Earth wanted to show herself to me in that moment as a single but complex entity.

So I assume that the cultures of the world who value altered states of consciousness and sensory knowing, like I know my Anishinaabe culture does, must experience the same kind of love and closeness and deep connectedness to this planet - and maybe even the universe.

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your experience Raven Poet and about your culture!

Wherever I May Roam