Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 22-05-2014, 08:38 PM
DaisyPup

Question Spiritualism & Paganism Together

Hello, since I'm new here and this is my first real issue thread of my own I suppose I should introduce myself. Please, call me Daisy. I have been Spiritualist without understanding for mostly my whole life. As a child I lived and died by karma and respect for all living things; animals, plants, and people, despite my parents being non-religious (they believed in a god but we never attended church as a family).

--

Now that I am older and have delved into finding a name for my beliefs and coming up successful I've learned that I am Spiritualist. However a close friend of mine (a studying Pagan) and I were chatting recently about our beliefs as we often do when I expressed to her that, despite my understanding of Spirit and (somewhat) contentment with my practice, I felt the need for something more physical. A ritualistic practice of prayer/chant, a relationship with nature, something. It was then that she suggested to me adopting Pagan rituals into my routine to fulfill my desire.

I'd like to go on for a moment to say that this friend was not at all trying to convert me. She understands that it is up to people to find their path on their own. However I would like a little feedback from others on this. Is there anyone else out there that have combined the two beliefs for themselves? What do you do? Are there any particular chants that you find go well with Spiritualism? Do you grow plants? I have added some Pagan chants to my journal in which I keep steps and processes on different meditations I like to work on, however they all honor different Gods or Ancients. This doesn't make me uncomfortable but I do feel a little bad for speaking to deities that I haven't set myself on honoring.

Thoughts and comments welcome. Please and thank you for your time.
Old 26-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Master

It's my understanding that Spiritualism is the belief, and ability, that one can communicate with those who have passed on and are in the Otherworld, or in spirit. To me it is not a religion but I know that it's considered a religion of sorts I suppose, because there are Spiritualist churches where services are held where spiritualism is practiced - a medium will convey messages to some of the congregation from their loved ones.

A medium can be Christian, Pagan, Asatru or any other religion.

If you feel the need for a practice that includes rituals and chants and you wish to connect with Nature I'd also suggest, to look into some of the pagan traditions.
Old 26-05-2014, 04:04 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Daisy and welcome to SF!

I like to advise people (who ask) to follow their own bloodlines and heritage.

Some (like me) have many different bloodlines and (so) may develop a very Eclectic path and it is common (in my experience) for paths to develop and evolve--over time. It's an ADVENTURE!!!

I (for instance) was raised in the Anglican Catholic Church and first met the Goddess--while studying the Kabbalah. My journey to becoming a Pagan began with me--practicing as a Christian Witch. Now--after many years of searching and practice--and many years (since my Dedication & Initiation) I am a legally ordained Pagan Priestess. I follow a Solitary Nordic/Green Path and serve a Nordic Triple Goddess.

My best advice is to keep following your own intuition. You seem to have an innate Gift for doing just that. All that you need will come to you.

I will be here--if you would ever like to chat.

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 26-05-2014, 05:13 PM
DaisyPup

Thank you, both to Miss Crow and Lady Terra. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to adopt some Pagan practices into my routines, however, it will take me a while to find something suitable for me since I know very very little about Pagan practices. It's time to begin the search I suppose ^o^

--

To any others out there that happen across this thread, I'm still looking for prayers/chants that fit nicely with Spiritualism and suggestions are greatly welcome!~
Old 10-01-2015, 04:55 PM
goldentimes

a good little book

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyPup
Thank you, both to Miss Crow and Lady Terra. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to adopt some Pagan practices into my routines, however, it will take me a while to find something suitable for me since I know very very little about Pagan practices. It's time to begin the search I suppose ^o^

--

To any others out there that happen across this thread, I'm still looking for prayers/chants that fit nicely with Spiritualism and suggestions are greatly welcome!~

I have here a nice little book that you may like (search on amazon to buy as mine is not for sale) and it is called "Magical Chants" by Lady Gianne. what I like about this book is that it only has Lady and Lord or god and goddess so therefore you can make this out to be your own spirits that you believe in-meaning Lord/god be your male spirit (what ever that spirit is) and Lady/goddess would be your female spirit (again what ever this spirit is)

Another thing you could do is getting a book all on Spiritualism and a book all on paganism-(at this stage don't pick on just one type of paganism ie wiccan, Druids etc just on paganism as a hole)

I do hope this helps you and good luck!