Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 22-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Pathfinder

Question: Psychic Ethics

I am not a psychic, but am Empathic. It is not a skill I practice intentionally or have worked to improve upon, but I occasionally find myself compelled to approach someone because of an impression I get. Usually I am able to offer advice or experience. Usually this person feels they truly need my help. One woman had been contemplating suicide (or claimed such, anyway). Others, I don't ever find out.

However, I recently received an impression of a celebrity. This is new to me. Am I obligated to reach out to this person? How would this be done?

The feeling is that this person is confused and I think I might be able to offer direction, assuming that I would be willingly heard. Definitely not something I WANT to do. But I don't want to be responsible for a tragedy.
Old 22-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Experiencer

You claim you aren't psychic, so should leave well alone !

I'm empathic and felt sorry for Amy Winehouse, I saw how that story would end ( as did hundreds of others ! ) ... do you think she would have listened to anyone ?
Old 22-07-2013, 12:45 AM
spiritspark8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Girl
I am not a psychic, but am Empathic. It is not a skill I practice intentionally or have worked to improve upon, but I occasionally find myself compelled to approach someone because of an impression I get. Usually I am able to offer advice or experience. Usually this person feels they truly need my help. One woman had been contemplating suicide (or claimed such, anyway). Others, I don't ever find out.

However, I recently received an impression of a celebrity. This is new to me. Am I obligated to reach out to this person? How would this be done?

The feeling is that this person is confused and I think I might be able to offer direction, assuming that I would be willingly heard. Definitely not something I WANT to do. But I don't want to be responsible for a tragedy.

It really depends on the message you wish to give the celebrity. If it is one which is negative or doom and gloom I would not do so. I do not believe in giving negative readings, even if you see them. It could be because I do not want the responsibility and do not want to jinx another individual. But I really believe in keeping it positive when giving a reading.
Old 22-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Master

Sometimes we have messages for those close to us, but it is not for us to tell them but to let them fulfill their lesson and we are given the information to support them.
You learn, not all messages are supposed to be given.. you may ask why? Just because you know does not mean you have to divulge. Many a time I have had to watch people fall,that is their lesson.. my job to support those around who may be affected ( like their children).
Old 22-07-2013, 02:48 AM
livingkarma

It's always best, I think, to allow a person to participate in their own life lessons w/out interference ...
Seeking it out is different; they have directly asked for information ...
As for myself, I will approach a person I'm drawn to & start a conversation, most times, just by listening it helps her/him uncover w/the answers they hold inside ...
Remember, our answers are inside our own self ...
There will be times when what a person untangles w/in themself is not the same as what you & I feel or think they need to know about or how they should approach it ...
People will always believe their own personal interpretation of the truth & proceed from there ...
Old 22-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
It's always best, I think, to allow a person to participate in their own life lessons w/out interference ...
Seeking it out is different; they have directly asked for information ...
As for myself, I will approach a person I'm drawn to & start a conversation, most times, just by listening it helps her/him uncover w/the answers they hold inside ...
Remember, our answers are inside our own self ...
There will be times when what a person untangles w/in themself is not the same as what you & I feel or think they need to know about or how they should approach it ...
People will always believe their own personal interpretation of the truth & proceed from there ...

Yes, thank you. This is how I normally operate as well. I don't ever tell anyone "you need to . . ." but rather allow them to say what they need to say. I think most people just need to be accepted.

I don't believe this person is in any danger. As another poster pointed out, doubtful someone in such a situation would listen, anyway. I think they are just trying to find themselves. Sorry I can't be more specific - not my business to share.

Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with this and wanted to ensure that I was not meant to reach out in any way.

Thank you all.
Old 22-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Master
If you look across the street in the normal way with your eyeballs and see someone who needs help or could benefit from some advice, are you obligated to go over there? The answer is no. You may choose to go over there and help but you are not required to do so. Using empathy instead of your eyeballs does not change your lack of obligation.
Old 22-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Girl
I think most people just need to be accepted.

:
I think everything in the Universe just wants love. We don't have to fix people because we don't know what they need, but we can silently send love though.
Old 22-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Pathfinder

Also a good idea, Seawolf. Thank you. I really don't like to approach people, anyway, let alone someone who probably has a lot of wackos coming up to them on a regular bases offering "advice" and god-knows-what, lol. Perhaps sending love silently is the perfect option in such a case.

I believe we have an obligation to help those we can, but I don't always know where that line lies: who I "can" or "can't" help. Sending love or compassion remotely is a good option to lean on when it's difficult to distinguish.
Old 22-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Pathfinder

Oh, just saw your post wstein. I've always felt that I WAS, in fact, obligated to do this. Perhaps it is worth reconsidering, though. That sort of sense of obligation has lead to certain amounts of trouble for me. :/