Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-04-2018, 08:48 PM
Ascender
pentagram star

Hi
i am christian born but the pentagram symbol i have been drawn
To for some time
im asking if it can be a protection symbol ?
Old 08-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngers1810
Hi
i am christian born but the pentagram symbol i have been drawn
To for some time
im asking if it can be a protection symbol ?

Hi,

I had to look in a book, "The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols".

It had a few things to say about pentagrams and here's what it had to say about this symbol in regards to protection. "The followers would describe the sign of the pentagram upon themselves in exactly the same way as do pagan people, who use it as a sign of protection, in much the same way that Christians use the Latin Cross."

The followers that the book mentions are called Pythagoreans named after Pythagoras who "held that 5 was the number of Man" and that the five points of the star represented earth, air, fire, water and psyche or ether.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 08-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Ascender
Yes, the pentacle can be a symbol of protection. Many wear a pentacle necklace as a showing of their faith and for protection. Similar to how Christians wear the cross for the same reasons.
Old 18-04-2018, 02:57 AM
Knower
What a lot of people don't know is that the pentagram/pentacle was used in early Christianity. It represented the 5 wounds of Christ and was used as a symbol of protection before they adopted the cross as their symbol. One of the things Christians used it to protect themselves from...witches. It was also used as a symbol of good in Japan and in Kabalistic writings (other places I'm sure).

It is believed that satanist adopted the inverted pentacle as their emblem because early Christians used it a a symbol of Christ with the upper point indicating his head. So turning it upside down was seen as an evil and desecrating act. It's because of this that the pentacle (right side up or upside down) got it's bad reputation.
Old 18-04-2018, 03:37 AM
Ascender
Isn't it the pentacle that's good and the pentagram is the one that's an inverted pentacle?
Old 18-04-2018, 05:13 AM
Knower
a pentagram is a five pointed star(geometric shape). a pentacle is a flat disk on which a pentagram has been engraved or inscribed (an amulet or altar tile).
Old 19-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Knower
The pentagram can be used to temporarily banish negative energy, as well as elemental energy from an area.
Old 19-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Master
Pentagrams are also used for rituals, like the lesser banishment pentagram ritual. I use that before I go to bed and an invocation in the morning. It helps me get an energy boost.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)