Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 16-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Knower
Post Coming of Age

Ok so in about half a month's time I'm going to be turning 18 & I'm starting looking at coming of age ceremonies for pagans/neo-pagans & was wondering if someone could explain/give examples & incase you need to know for the ceremony/rituals I'm female {If you didn't know already}
Old 16-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Master
Jump into a river fully clothed.
Make a bonfire and enjoy the night sky.
Have a wild party.
Get blind drunk.
Go for a long walk in the countryside.
Go for a lovely meal in a restaurant.
Have a day doing completely nothing.

Those were a few unofficial 'Coming Of Age' ceremonies! Have a great day whatever you choose to do in the end!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Experiencer
Hi Hazel,
i think you could just ponder upon what womanhood means to you,and how a woman should be herself nowdays,or how femininity can help our Planet and Nature.
Just find yourself and live by your heart.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:13 AM
Knower
Cat A symbol or focus usually helps

Usually it is important to pick something specialon a day or moment that signifies or symbolizes a landmark and then to add that to your toolbox of talismans or focai. I have a necklace of charms and pendants, each one from a significant moment in my life that i cherish and i take it with me to every other major thing I do (like traveling or events). I try to consecrate it with meditation when I am there and have a moment at a place i deem "special". Perhaps that is something you should either acquire or be on the lookout for that day or week?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Master

For some pagans, depending on the tradition, it is time to find your magical name and be accepted into the clan or group or coven
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Knower
Cat Jenny has a great idea!

That would be a great idea and if within the confines of your interests would be a great way to start your "official" adult life. I don't know if that fits with anything you believe or not or if you have the available connections (if not I have to believe it is possible to find someone or a resource). But it would be a powerful start. A new name is not only a connection to you and new unplumbed aspects of your self and spirit, but it would also lead you into a new direction or perhaps further into an old one. But I would still choose a focal object.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Jump into a river fully clothed.
Make a bonfire and enjoy the night sky.
Have a wild party.
Get blind drunk.
Go for a long walk in the countryside.
Go for a lovely meal in a restaurant.
Have a day doing completely nothing.

Those were a few unofficial 'Coming Of Age' ceremonies! Have a great day whatever you choose to do in the end!

I say the first one and will second: have a great [read amazing] day - from here there should be no doubt that you deserve it At least do something involving the night sky... I think that would be a great idea. There are also more monster to play with in the river at night, so that is a win win I think
Old 09-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
For some pagans, depending on the tradition, it is time to find your magical name and be accepted into the clan or group or coven

The new name is a great idea but I already chose a magical name when I was 14 and first discovered/became pagan to separate what I was before then and how I changed by becoming pagan so that's kind of out of the question but thank you for the idea

I believe that my boyfriend (also pagan) has got me something that will link to coming of age, though i'm not entirely sure how as I've had no clues what so ever from him. My 18th however was this sunday and I did go swimming with sharks which is quite an impressive if not milestone event :)