Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 PM
mava

Veganism

Hi,
Recently, I've decided to make the switch from vegetarian to vegan. It's something I've thought about for a LONG time, but was kind of in denial and was also very lazy about making the change.

I really have to admit that watching Earthlings was the direct trigger for me to switch, though. I was wondering...for those of you that are currently practicing veganism now, did it take you a while to make the transition? As in, did you have some slip ups or did you just automatically make the switch?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Mava

I decided to go vegan in one go However when friends and family

cook for me I still get vege meals sometimes I do eat them because

I always appreciate being cooked for and then as tactfully as I can mention

that I am now vegan
Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
cazza

Hello Mava, my family and I have recently become vegan but like GSX-R girl if we are invited to family or friends for dinner it is a vegetarian meal we usually are offered and gratefully accept. We have been on and off veggies for a long while mostly due to our daughter of four who had extreme eczema, which I thought was not very common but see so many children suffering with it. I have to be completely honest and say my partner and I have the occasional slip up where cakes are concerned, this is mostly due to the fact on my part anyway is I have lost to much weight. I shall watch the film Earthlings, I have never heard of it.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:58 PM
mava

Thanks for your replies!
I think that's great - I was kind of stressed about what it'd be like going out with others or eating at someone's house. Just doing vegetarian seems alright in those situations.

Yea, I recommend Earthlings!
Old 26-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Knower

Still making the transition! I've had a hard time with it because I've been addicted to dairy products most of my life. However, I have been specifically told more than once through spirit and guides that I need to cease eating dairy, as it is a non-food and not meant for human consumption. So, I'm slowly transitioning out of a mostly vegetarian/pescetarian lifestyle.

Also, I highly recommend the book 'The Veganist', the author gives lots of really simply and yummy-sounding meals!
Old 27-05-2011, 01:50 AM
DebbyM

Hello, I pretty much went vegan over the course of a couple days after being a vegetarian for years. Like everything else, there is a learning curve but it isn't long before you start understanding how to do your shopping accordingly. As for eating out and eating at friends places, I usually don't make a big fuss and am happy to partake in side dishes and so on (after all I'm really there for the company and the free meal is a side benefit) In restaurants, I will pick the entrees that seem like obviously 'safe' dinners and don't get into asking myriad questions about ingredients because I know it will just make others feel uncomfortable and weird.

So it isn't really that difficult, just takes a little time to get comfortable with a new lifestyle. The only other thing that I've really focused on is learning about bodily requirements and which foods provide which nutrients. Personally, I find it a fascinating study, all the amazing ways that our bodies use foods. Be easy on yourself and you'll have so much fun with this. Guaranteed.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:38 AM
Experiencer

Each organism reacts differently to transitions. Therefore, carefully monitor changes in your body.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Ascender
It was definitely a process of time making the shift. And sometimes if I am out or other people cook for me, I will eat vegetarian because I am just not that activist about it.

I seem to go through periods of time where I go full on with vegan and then i let some things slip.

I want to watch earthlings now