Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Knower
Thank you all so much for the info. It does make sense that nothing can hurt you unless you invite them to Astral Explorer, thank you. I definitely do want o try AP, I'd like to get to know my astral body.

last night I'm not sure if I had a dream or if it was actually happening, but i was having sleep paralysis and I was laying on my stomach. I tried lifting my astral head up and I saw colors (blue, purple, white). but it didn't really feel like I came out of my body. I was tired so I just went back to sleep instead of trying any more.

hopefully i can find a quiet place to try to AP, I live with 5 other people so it's rarely ever quiet.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Knower
Thank you all so much for the info. It does make sense that nothing can hurt you unless you invite them to Astral Explorer, thank you. I definitely do want o try AP, I'd like to get to know my astral body. i am a very strong person, and have encountered spirits in my physical body so I am not too worried. I am mainly just concerned that something will hurt or posses my physical body

last night I'm not sure if I had a dream or if it was actually happening, but i was having sleep paralysis and I was laying on my stomach. I tried lifting my astral head up and I saw colors (blue, purple, white). but it didn't really feel like I came out of my body. I was tired so I just went back to sleep instead of trying any more.

hopefully i can find a quiet place to try to AP, I live with 5 other people so it's rarely ever quiet.

This question is probably annoying, but i must ask. The article also said it's possible to die while AP. So far, i've heard a lot of lively people who AP frequently, so I don't think they're dead ;p but has anyone heard of this? It doesn't really make sense to me that someone could die from AP, but just curious.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I have ended projections after several minutes of traveling incredibly fast away from my body. Make no mistake your astral body can and does get trapped outside of your physical body in these situations. Sometimes if I go right to sleep I will get teleported right to where I ended the projection, or somewhere near. Just like if you passed out in the physical world beings can and will pick you up and help you, or hold you down and rob you. Similar stuff can happen in the astral of course no one is going to rob you, but they can do things to you in these cases. Nothing that I have noticed any lasting effects though, typically it will just lead into a long night of getting harrassed by spirits. Nothing I'm not used to at this point but some nights or some of these experiences can be better and some can be worse. Another thing I have noticed is on occasion when my astral body gets trapped outside my physical body can actually feel them touching my astral body somehow, it's interesting and annoying at the same time honestly.

Something I have noticed though is screaming for guides, angels, help etc. once you are already in the planes seems pointless for the most part. I compare it to screaming for help in the middle of a freeway during rush hour. Entities are going to hear you but rarely stop and help you. Once you are inside of the astral planes you are going to want to be able to be as self-reliant as possible because it's very rare that anyone is going to come to your aid no matter the situation. I have had it happen once or twice that someone actually helped me and they just happened to be around when I needed the help. Typically no one is going to come to your aid no matter what type of being they are. Angels rarely get involved in these matters for one reason or another. Probably so you can learn how to defend and protect yourself and don't need to cry like a baby everytime something bothers you. If angels appeared everytime someone had an issue in the astral they would never stop helping and each one would need to clone itself several thousands or million times for this to be possible.

So self-reliance is a great skill in the astral you need to know how to defend yourself, how to protect yourself, and how to act if and when the **** hits the fan. Because if you frequent the astral planes as much as I do it's going to hit the fan at one point or another, just as if you walk around in the heart of a city in the evening you are bound to run into some type of problem eventually. The astral is exactly the same way. Anyone who spends an immense amount of time in the astral is going to eventually have a negative experience or two. It's not whether you're going to have them or not that's important, it's how you deal with these experiences and how you do or do not allow them to effect your future experiences. If you are not prepared one bad experience could ruin months or even years of projections, preparation and education are some of the best tools you should be bringing with you into the astral.

Astral Explorer, I absolutely so agree that it is wise not to be ignorant. But there are indeed loving Presences that automatically "tune in" to anything in the vicinity which has the same or similar Soul-vibrations. We don't get much luck when we go out there wound up and full of fear and scared witless, and start screaming for help -sure. I know, I've been there -done that, and you are so right!

However there are also Souls who go out of body who naturally attune to higher Astral vibratory levels, who can -and do, forge their own natural "corridors" through things (or by-passing things) which other Souls may need to work with......who may not necessarily need the work/teachings/experiences of the low to mid-astral realms. I know there are such Souls.

However, fear does not usually go with them. They either do not know fear instinctively, or they have conquered fear. Some of these are not clever people. Some of them are not people at all. Some of them are very simple but incredibly graceful.

Many humans are not in this condition, and if there is fear, then the fear has to be addressed first. But for those who are naturally in this condition, it is not always a rough ride.

But....it takes a lot of discipline to attain that state of innocence (not ignorance) for many people, if they are not naturally attuned to it.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
Some people are unlucky, other people are very unlucky, and still others are lucky. Just like with in-body life, a person could get hit by a stray bullet while crossing the road to get a carton of eggs from the convenience store-- That doesn't stop people from moving to the inner city or baking cookies or walking to convenience stores.

And unlike with in-body life, where you can tell yourself that drive-by shootings wouldn't happen in the country, or that it hasn't happened in this area for several months, and now that it has that person will be arrested... nobody really knows how the astral works.

So, just because your ego is experiencing a lack of body, does not mean that your body is experiencing such a lack of ego that it must siphon in any other ego out there. It sounds logical, but only with the paradigm of the behavior of material. We know how the material world works. Water flows out of the glass, leaving an empty glass. We do not know how the astral works.

We do not know how the astral works.

We don't.

Are there astral attackers waiting for you to come out? Is the astral world around you both unseen and dangerous to the seers? Nobody knows that. Nobody knows why, if so.

And it was this yearning to at least know why (combined with the fact that I never felt safe in-body, anyway) that led me to pursue OBE's, just so that I, personally, would know. So, I pushed for it anyway. And I'm still myself and still alive. I think that channeling or "horsing" other entities are not at all related to having an OBE. I think that astral travel is not usual and not completely safe. I still do it. I like to fly.

So, I would advise the same for you: instead of focusing on the dangers and fears, focus on why you want to do this. If you don't find anything on the positive side like that, then... you can make a better-informed choice. Because your wants are here and now while your fears are out there maybe. (And I don't always advise this, I mean, some people's fears are here and now while their wants are out there maybe.)

Hope this helps!

I like flying as well unfortunately when you make it into the parts of the planes that spirits congregrate and hang out flying is not permitted for some reason. There are countless clubs, lounges, centers, etc. in the astral that I am guessing spirits who do not want to pass over yet all meet up, hang out, and do similar things that they did while on Earth. The entrances of these places almost always have security with a rope letting people in one by one. You have to be with or know somebody to get in and if they catch you flying or even gliding they are going to throw you out and who knows what else I never stuck around to see. I have a consortium of spirits taking me to these places and it's annoying because I love to fly and flying comes naturally to me in the astral so I will be walking and not even thinking about it and start flying without even realizing it before it's too late. This has gotten me into trouble more times than I can count in just the last month or two unfortunately.

They like to keep these places very realistic and if people were randomly just flying through out the building the place would not be very realistic to what it would of been like in the physical dimensions. Another no-no I have figured out through my projections is asking a spirit how they died, how they are in the astral, or anything of that nature is not permitted in most zones of the astral. You should try asking a spirit that once when in the lower or medium areas of the planes and see what happens. A once invisible guardian spirit will appear and tell you not to ask that, if you ask again they will force you to end the projection. I have ran into them twice now on seperate occasions. They are humanoid but sort of plant looking as well, their heads look like an un-opened flower bud. Perhaps that is just my comparison to what I have in my limited understanding but that's the best reference I can use to describe them. They have an insanely powerful prescence so I don't go around breaking their rules on purpose. I have ran into several different Humanoid forms of life at this point.

You are so right about us not knowing much about the astral. I honestly believe that most of the attacks people have during projections don't happen because spirits are evil and bad and want to harm you. They happen because those spirits live in the astral and they don't want someone stomping around in their home who doesn't have the slightest clue how to act in the astral, or what damage they are causing to the enviroment. I suffered from attacks that prevented me from lucid dreaming and projecting for over a year and it took very long for me to come to this understanding, but it definitely seems to be the case. This is why I suggest people are always kind to spirits no matter the spirit's nature. If they attack you talk to them like you would talk to a person, be nice and give them a hug. Fighting them back is only going to lead to more attacks, kindness can and will lead to you making friends instead of enemies. You need to be smart and always have your guard up but you also need to be cordial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Astral Explorer, I absolutely so agree that it is wise not to be ignorant. But there are indeed loving Presences that automatically "tune in" to anything in the vicinity which has the same or similar Soul-vibrations. We don't get much luck when we go out there wound up and full of fear and scared witless, and start screaming for help -sure. I know, I've been there -done that, and you are so right!

However there are also Souls who go out of body who naturally attune to higher Astral vibratory levels, who can -and do, forge their own natural "corridors" through things (or by-passing things) which other Souls may need to work with......who may not necessarily need the work/teachings/experiences of the low to mid-astral realms. I know there are such Souls.

However, fear does not usually go with them. They either do not know fear instinctively, or they have conquered fear. Some of these are not clever people. Some of them are not people at all. Some of them are very simple but incredibly graceful.

Many humans are not in this condition, and if there is fear, then the fear has to be addressed first. But for those who are naturally in this condition, it is not always a rough ride.

But....it takes a lot of discipline to attain that state of innocence (not ignorance) for many people, if they are not naturally attuned to it.

I think even those people are going to eventually have what would be considered a negative experience. What one considers a negative experience might be positive to another or vica versa. But even those people who are innocent can, do, and will eventually have a bad day in life and go to sleep or meditate with a negative emotion. This will alter their vibrational frequency and they are much more likely to end up in the lower-middle plane which is where most people have their negative experiences. The rest of the negative experiences typically happen in the RTZ which regardless of your innocence or your vibrational frequency you have to pass through the RTZ. Even the people who are "untouchable" by low frequency entities will encounter them. The low frequency ones are intrigued with the person's high frequency and so they are going to see what they can or can not do to these people to learn about them, just as we do with entities to learn about them. But it is not about whether or not you have these experiences that some people would consider negative, because everyone is going to have at least one or two of them at some point. It's how you let them affect you, because as I stated a negative experience for one person could very well be a positive to another. So those innocent people very well could have loads of experiences that the next guy considers negative, but to them it was a positive experience because as you stated they have no fear and so instead of having a fearful experience that terrified them they had an experience with a dark being and they learned a lot about them.

There are some things in the astral that we have control of, some things that we have some control of, and some things that we have no control of. One of the things we have absolute no control of is what entities/spirits see us. I imagine the percentage of entities who see us that we actually see is incredibly small. For one reason or another astral projectors stick out like a sore thumb inside of the astral, I have been told this on several occasions by several different spirits. Spirits congregrate around the people who are sensitive to them because they want to be noticed. I imagine those people with innocence or high vibrational frequencies are going to be pretty high on the sensitivity scale towards spirits and so they are going to have a lot of spirits crowding around them of all natures. Even if those spirits cannot penetrate their energetic field to drain energy or anything like that, that doesn't mean they aren't going to run into them and have experiences with them. Spirits like to learn new things just as much as us so those people who make it into the higher-planes on a regular basis due to their innocence, lack of fear, and high vibrational frequency are going to be extremely interesting to spirits. In fact they are going to have more of these experiences in my opinion than the regular average projector. But as I stated earlier it's not necessarily important if you are running into dark spirits, grey spirits, or white spirits.. What is important is how you percieve the experience, how you do or do not let it affect you, and how you do or do not let it affect your future experiences. If someone projects enough they are eventually going to have an experience or run into a spirit that someone would consider negative, it's not a matter of if it's a matter of when. It might just be a short experience of them flying by a negative spirit who changes form to try and scare them as they pass by, or it could be a hitch-hiker who grabs onto them and tries and scare them much longer. Either way it's not important, the only important factor is that you do not let it alter you, your nature, or the experiences you have in the future. People seem to think if you have one negative experience with a dark entity that you are going to keep having them. That is rarely the case, even for me someone who has dealt with negative experiences for a long time those experiences in the astral are far less common than the good experiences. Having 1-3 projections a night for a week I had one experience that week where something tried to scare me.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindOfLullaby
This question is probably annoying, but i must ask. The article also said it's possible to die while AP. So far, i've heard a lot of lively people who AP frequently, so I don't think they're dead ;p but has anyone heard of this? It doesn't really make sense to me that someone could die from AP, but just curious.
I do not know if anyone else answered your question. I did not read all the replies. Anything is possible. Some people die in their sleep from illnesses, such as cancer, heart attack, weak heart, breathing problems, severe burns, injuries etc. If you do not have any serious illness you will not die if you ap. I would advise you not to believe everything you read. I think it is best if you do not ap if you have a medical condition. That is what the experts say and I agree with that. It may not be a good idea to ap if you are afraid.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I do not know if anyone else answered your question. I did not read all the replies. Anything is possible. Some people die in their sleep from illnesses, such as cancer, heart attack, weak heart, breathing problems, severe burns, injuries etc. If you do not have any serious illness you will not die if you ap. I would advise you not to believe everything you read. I think it is best if you do not ap if you have a medical condition. That is what the experts say and I agree with that. It may not be a good idea to ap if you are afraid.

Thank you, no one has yet answered this. I'm not afraid of AP, I'm just one of those people who like reassurance I guess. i'm just trying to educate myself before I try AP again. :)