Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Deactivated Account

Star or Planet ?

I woke up this morning while it was still dark outside, and for some reason I looked out the window. I saw this light in the sky, which seemed brighter than a star and was wondering, if I saw a planet ? Is there one that is supposed to be visible now ?

No scientific calculations, but the moon was to my right then slightly below and to the left of the moon was a very bright star, then quite a ways away .... and to the lower left of this star was the bright light I saw.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Master

Here you go ;)
http://www.wwu.edu/skywise/planets.html
it'll tell you all the planet positions according to where you are and the info you put in

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Guide

I think Venus is one of the brightest stars on the night sky? Usually the first to be seen at eve, followed by Jupiter; also visible at dawn before the sun rises. You can find some more details about their current courses here.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you shadedragon & fire ! It was Venus. Picture compliments of Earthsky.org .

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
merrie

Funny you should write about what you saw maybe being a planet. Last night I saw a show about the scientist who proved that we cannot see planets with the naked eye because the star is revolving around the planet and what we are seeing when we look is the "star" (I hope I interpreted what he said correctly)
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Deactivated Account

hee hee, my eye wasn't naked, it was dressed !

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie
Funny you should write about what you saw maybe being a planet. Last night I saw a show about the scientist who proved that we cannot see planets with the naked eye because the star is revolving around the planet and what we are seeing when we look is the "star" (I hope I interpreted what he said correctly)

Is that like a mirror. We never really see the mirror but only the reflection it makes. So when we see Venus we are only seeing the light of the Star relecting of the planet and not really the planet. Have I understood it right or am I far off
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Lulu

A good way to judge... planets don't 'twinkle' like stars do.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:59 PM
merrie

Quote:
Is that like a mirror. We never really see the mirror but only the reflection it makes. So when we see Venus we are only seeing the light of the Star relecting of the planet and not really the planet. Have I understood it right or am I far off

I don't know...I need somebody to explain it to me. All I know is the scientist was doing an experiment, showing a tennis ball on a rope going around a round object. Your answer does make sense. The tennis ball in the experiment was supposed to be a star going around a planet.

Merrie

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Quagmire

So we can even wonder if anyone can even see us or if they just see the light reflecting upon us. In complete darkness we are invisible