Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 28-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Master
Found:
2013 Meteor Showers | StarDate Online

stardate.org/nightsky/meteors

"The next meteor shower is the Perseids on the nights of August 11 and 12. At its best, under dark skies, you might see a score or so “shooting stars” per hour."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Master

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Master
Last night I went out to check on things.
Looking up I spotted a shooting star to the North, and then, a minute or two later, another in the same exact path as the previous one, but even brighter.

Before going in, turning, I spotted another to the East.

December is the month for the Geminides Meteor Shower, to peak around the 12th.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Master
Today's News:

"Meteor explodes over Arizona on the eve of the year's biggest cosmic shower"

"The Andromedids are showers that occur, usually around November, as the Earth passes through old streams of the comet 3D/Biela.
The explosion also shook the house of Tony Kubrak, who told CNN he went outside to see what the commotion was.

"'I see this tremendous, white, bright light in the western sky,' he said.

'And it was just ... it was absolutely enormous, I couldn't believe it.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2522246/Meteor-explodes-Arizona.html

In Art:

Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Master
Most recently, a Fireball over Iowa spotted on surveillance camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X0E1A9UJIk

Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Master
http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2014/01/astronomical-phenomena-january-2014-2473148.html

"02, 03 january 2014 - Quadrantids. Quadrantid meteor shower, get to have up to 40 meteors per hour, usually on 3 and 4 January, but may be visible on 1-5 January. The highest rate of meteors per hour took place in 1932 (80/ hour).
The best time for observations is a dark place after midnight.
Meteors radiate from the constellation Bootes, close to the North Star.

The source of this meteor shower was unknown until December 2003 when Peter Jenniskens of the Ames Research Center (NASA) found evidence that meteoroids come from 2003 EH1 , an “asteroid”, which is probably a piece of a comet which collapsed 500 years ago."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140102-meteor-shower-quadrantids-biggest-science-fireballs-space-2014/

Old 03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Good to know I will have to see if I can see from my location
Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Master
Teal, I read that they would peak at 09:30 Eastern standard time in the U.S., during the day here. I spotted one overnight. but skies were a bit hazy.
Had forgotten to post this.
A Tap... "Hello!"

"Out of this world: Seven-year-old enlists scientists to show he was hit by a meteorite in his front yard
Steven Lippard was playing on the driveway of his home in Loxahatchee, Florida, when he was hit in the head by a rock.

Tests of the fragments have shown they meet the criteria of a meteorite."

www.dailymail.co.uk

Old 01-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Master
This was posted on the "Neo" thread by accident.

Fireball lights up the East Coast, U.S.

Seems timely.

Old 21-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Master
At - Space.com

"A meteorite that crashed into a California house in 2012 can be traced back to the giant impact that formed Earth's moon 4.5 billion years ago, a new study reveals."

Since the Moon is said to be part of an ancient Earth, it's like a piece of Earth returning from space!

"The resulting fragment that made it to Earth's atmosphere was about 14 inches (35 centimeters) across and had a mass of about 176 pounds (80 kilograms), researchers said."