Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Madness95

white/black witch.

i think i'm going to be both. so i need some help. any info on what its like being either a white witch or a black witch?

thankies!
~M.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Animus27

You'll have to be a little bit more precise than that...

Are you looking for just sources on witchcraft? Or witchcraft within a Wiccan-esqe framework, etc?

Also, it would be helpful for you to elaborate on what you mean by being a black/white witch. All three of those words are very vague lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Master
There is no such thing as a White/Black witch as such. The difference lies in the intent of the witch. Many witches follow the "crooked path" i.e. "Grey" witchcraft.
Perhaps if you write the word as it is meant to be, then it may become clearer
Witch Craft, not witchcraft. The craft is essentially, the tools of the trade stripped of any trace of dogma or religion. So then "black/white" becomes how you use the Craft. Dont get mixed up between the "old" and the "new" in this. Wicca has a watered down Craft at the heart. Remember, Gardner referred to the "new" as New Witchcraft. In fact, dump the word "witch" entirely - that is a christian word ! Witch Craft was called the Craft of the Wise and witches - the Wise or Cunning Folk.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
SerquetAsa

Might need a little more explanation than that -

What kind of path within the faith are you looking for?
What do you want out of it?
What are your reasons?

None of these have to be publicly answered, but consider them when figuring out what it is you want to be, and how you will carry yourself.
Old 15-03-2011, 10:32 AM
7he4uthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
There is no such thing as a White/Black witch as such. The difference lies in the intent of the witch. Many witches follow the "crooked path" i.e. "Grey" witchcraft.
Perhaps if you write the word as it is meant to be, then it may become clearer
Witch Craft, not witchcraft. The craft is essentially, the tools of the trade stripped of any trace of dogma or religion. So then "black/white" becomes how you use the Craft. Dont get mixed up between the "old" and the "new" in this. Wicca has a watered down Craft at the heart. Remember, Gardner referred to the "new" as New Witchcraft. In fact, dump the word "witch" entirely - that is a christian word ! Witch Craft was called the Craft of the Wise and witches - the Wise or Cunning Folk.

0h what a world-wide-wicca-web we weave !
Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the While ['Caucasian' is the right word?], or Gandalf the Black ?

Black magic is secret, it is called black magic because the agenda is kept obscured to maintain the power lock.
White magic operstes in open view there is no hidden obscured agenda because there is nothing to hide and no powerlock.

To the above post ... a grave error ...
WITch comes from the old English word WIT which means 'wise'.
Crafty, inventive, creative = creator.

Wicca means the same as Veda = knowledge
specifically the knowledge of God = psychic power/ability = magic.

1 have authored published book on this but wouldnt wish to reveal my ID
suggest reading, doubtful 2me u will get good info on 4ums.

The black magic is often harmful [evil = live backwards] but white magic is also harmful but few have the ability to see it.
The agenda [THEY call 'intention' ... a fad word]
is power, more power, more power ... control/manipulation/administration of external bodies/souls, like religion ...

If you dont know what kind [kindred] of witch you want 2b
[witch is a BeYouTfull word] then you have a looong way to study
remember ... Practice makes perfect
so parctice dont preach ...
you learn on your own by doing, reading will supply some gifts, but also distractions.

You are under mind-control of an external body to ask the question you asked.
this is very evident.
White and Black are polarities used in mind control and reality resides outside these definitions to those who can see.

Do what comes naturally to you
stay this course no matter what
make a creed of who you are today to look back on in 40 years
re-read it often
write a book of light not shadows
this book will contain your inner vision and apocalypses
you may consort with other who claim the craft but every time you do re-read your personal creed lest they should sway your view.

you will find in time that you bring balance to the wider picture.
light/brilliance = knowledge/intelligence
darkness/black = secrecy/ingnorance
gray = impotence/balance/neutrality
gold = divinity/mastery/ascension
other colors including purple [royalty] are not desirable and involve fraud.

stay invisible if you make it ...
never claim anything to other witches, dont label yourself.
never trust a witch, always remain vigilent
never join a coven, but if you make it to empowerment you may start one
get there on your own, never allow a debt to another, such a debt would be forever and not worth whatever you were after as it aws coming to you anyways.

well 1 can see youre a beginner so
if you can follow this advise you may be blessed enough to look back one day and understand its usefulness

if you ernestly seek it is coming to you, dont rush what is already yours.
Old 15-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Master
"WITch comes from the old English word WIT which means 'wise'.
Crafty, inventive, creative = creator.
Wicca means the same as Veda = knowledge
specifically the knowledge of God = psychic power/ability = magic."

Not quite correct.
"Druid" is worth a look. The proto-celtic stem is Druwid which has two Indo-European roots -
Deru meaning Oak but also firm, solid, steadfast i.e. true in Anglo-Saxon
Weid meaning "to see" also knowledge as in Wit [Anglo-Saxon] and Veda [Sanscrit]
So, druid could be translated as True Knowledge or True Sight.
Old 15-03-2011, 07:57 PM
nightowl

Good suggestion Norseman, Druid practices and beliefs are very beneficial.

nightowl
Old 16-03-2011, 06:23 AM
7he4uthor

that was welcomed ...

'spiritual sight' = understanding

universal understanding
the understanding of god/spitit/divine/sacred/unity/universe
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Knower
i agree with norseman in the wiccan religion there is no white or black these are all steryo types from hollywood movies or people scared of what we do, we control what we do though many wiccan's believe we should not use the magick to harm others or bend people's will - for example if you did a spell to be with someone for eternity it may not be just this life you are stuck with them it could also be every other life and if you wanted to seperate from the chosen person then you would say be able to stop the relationship but they would constantly follow you and be everywhere you are meaning that you just cant get away from them so you need to be carefull with what spells you do and well what aim you have in mind for the spell
Old 23-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Knower
True magic is neither black nor white, it simply is. Some try to practice "black" or "white" magic, but this is only the intent of the witch. It's just sorta follow the wiccan creed thing:
If ye harm none
Do as ye will.

Sorry if this info is off guys, I'm sorta new age, so my wicca might be a little untraditional, I'm not sure.