Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade
Because when someone is dead you can no longer talk with them, be with them or share an experience with them. Ofc that is sad.

The only reason I don't kill myself is because I do not want to transfer my suffering to my family: it would be selfish because I can imagine myself in their position - I would be extremely sad if some of my family members comitted suicide.
So I'll wait till my parents are dead and until my brother has a stable life - then I'll finish myself for sure since I'm incompatible with this place. To me, that is one of the few acceptable circumstances where it is "ok" to commit suicide: when the pain you transfer to your surroundings is minimal.

Hi, Nightshade. It's Raven Poet. You still a member? Last post I saw from you was in July - or maybe it's that I don't know how to navigate this website too well yet. Just checkin in.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I have lost my brother, my mother and my dad, friends too, one of which poured petrol and set light to herself outside of the local shops - people all around. The lot, all gone. yes I know, I truly know how sadness feels.
Each time the grief swallowed me up, though each time it became less because I searched for them, in every alley way, in every thought, in every dream, in every breath. I searched for the evidence that I was told was there, and I found them. I have lost many animal companions too ( I collect the sick the abused and the unloved) I found them also. Not in belief but in in your face irrefuteable evidence but it will never take away the sense of loss that I felt seeing as I am having a human experience. I am still but a child in the presence of the Great White Spirit but slowly I am understanding that love cannot part, cannot separate or ever be lost. This is the greatest legacy that those who have gone before have left us. Try as hard as you can to see with your spirit eyes. You know it makes sense ;0)

Glenos, this is so true.
I am also sorry you have suffered such loss. Bless you for rescuing and helping the animals.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
glenos

Thanks T for the kind words I still get 'twinges' but everything moves on and I should realy know better with the massive in ya face weight of evidence that I have that 'life' continues after physical death To those who don't have this evidence, my heart goes out to them but I say it's not the end it's the begining or rather the continuation of a very long journey to the ultimate goal of perfection.
The animals - the real work has been started and it's not too far to go until a significant difference can be made

G
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Henri77

Many young children are visited by grandparents or angels at night ,and are aware of them. It seems we lose this awareness rather quickly through the disbelief of others and peer pressures in school.
If heard lots of such stories by SF parents.

Apparently those on the "other side" seem to have considerable difficulty contacting us.
Partly through our cultural disbelief, and our busy minds. I assume they typically have other concerns-things to do. But many do try to contact us, to share their love and reassure us they're ok.

A visit to a good medium convinces many people, as do the many books on near death experiences and such things.
Belief in afterlife is common to many cultures , yet not ours all that much.
I'm amazed how skeptical most people are of non physical beings, and how unwilling they are to accept evidence they perceive-sense.

I've been occasionally aware of my wife , Mom & stepmom. Yet angels & other astral beings seem to make themselves known far more easily for some reason.
To me at least.

I've discovered reading about these and similar things open up
our awareness and makes such contact more likely.
Like the time dolphins visited me after reading about them and their telepathic nature. Another time I was reading about angels, and a large blue angel appeared shortly after.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
mrcuteblackie

There is no death.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM
JazzJazz

Even though I believe departed love ones still visit us from time to time, I think it's natural to feel sad over their death. My uncle, who was essentially a father to me, died when I was 12 and even though I've had dream visitations, I still feel sad at his passing because he's no longer physically here. We used to visit nature parks, zoos, children's adventure parks...I used to go to his house or we'd go to McDonald's and then take our meal to this hill where we could see the whole of the city we lived in. Yes, he still visits me but I miss his physical presence. I miss talking to him and getting an audible reply or a hug when I see him. He was funny and always brightened up a room wherever he went. This is what makes me sad.

I'm sorry for the huge essay! :(
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcuteblackie
There is no death.

There is physical death though, don't you agree?

As JazzJazz states about his/her uncle, it's the loss of physicalness of the relationship I had with my friend that I find sad. I only ever knew him physically (and haven't bumped into him as a spirit....yet) so it feels like he's gone from my life. He gave the best bear hugs and when he was feeling on form, he also used to brighten a room when he walked in.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Aidan108

In recent years (since developing my spirituality) I have come to see death as merely a temporary parting and like so many others have said before in this thread view the sadness associated with this due to their sudden and still long-term absence before finally seeing them again.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Master

A friend of mine died a few years ago, it flickered on my sadness radar for a couple of weeks and then, that was it. Maybe the friendship had reached the end of the road.

My father- 6 months and I still found myself sobbing. And I can't quite say why. He had in many respects gone, he was a shell of his former self, his dementia left him fairly unable to communicate, doubly incontinent, thin and frail, almost blind, unable to walk properly or feed himself.

And I don't understand my grief as it is totallyirrational as he was to all intents and purposes gone. But the psychic element, the energetic element of his passing has been immense. He is with me so frequently that it hurts.

But I don't understand it.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Aidan108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
A friend of mine died a few years ago, it flickered on my sadness radar for a couple of weeks and then, that was it. Maybe the friendship had reached the end of the road.

My father- 6 months and I still found myself sobbing. And I can't quite say why. He had in many respects gone, he was a shell of his former self, his dementia left him fairly unable to communicate, doubly incontinent, thin and frail, almost blind, unable to walk properly or feed himself.

And I don't understand my grief as it is totallyirrational as he was to all intents and purposes gone. But the psychic element, the energetic element of his passing has been immense. He is with me so frequently that it hurts.

But I don't understand it.

I have always said that this sort of experience is proof that spirits stay with us after their physical death, you could argue that your friend didn't want to cause you undue pain and your father was still checking in on you after 6 months now that he was himself again. After my grandfather passed away I regularly had sudden bursts of upset because I could feel he was there in some form. I'm just glad that now I can feel this presence and smile knowing he's there and hopw that this is the case for you too