Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
I dont know about having tinnitis. From what I have heard, that condition is pretty annoying. And loud.

Recently I was listening to a teleconference. I have no clue who the speaker was that day. But it was a spiritual teleconference series. whomever the speaker was, he or she suggested to turn off all music and sound at some time in the future. Then listen carefully. And you will hear a high pitch sound. This is the sound of your own soul. Is this true? I have no clue.

I have a high pitched sound there, and all I do is listen for it and and it's there. If I were a speaker and I said audience listen for the sound they'd all go 'hey yeah I hear a sound!'. LOL
Old 01-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... this is sound from the spiritual dimension. If you're interested you could read this thread about it, lili:

The Inner Sound Current - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

There's also a good book on the subject by Erik Gustafson called "The Ringing Sound".

I've gained many benefits in spiritual growth by simply listening to the sounds in a meditative way.

Xan
Really nice to read, Xan. Thanks for posting it. It would be wonderful to hear the om in my ears. Perhaps it I imagined it, I could bring that forth !! Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If I were a speaker and I said audience listen for the sound they'd all go 'hey yeah I hear a sound!'. LOL
Good point, Gem
Old 01-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
Really nice to read, Xan. Thanks for posting it.

It would be wonderful to hear the om in my ears. Perhaps it I imagined it, I could bring that forth !! Thanks again.
You're welcome, lili.

In all the years I've been listening to the wide variety of sounds in the inner current, I've only heard the OM once. It's not like we chant, and beyond imagination really. Perhaps with intention you could invite it. As for me I just receive what comes.

Xan

Old 05-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
You're welcome, lili.

In all the years I've been listening to the wide variety of sounds in the inner current, I've only heard the OM once. It's not like we chant, and beyond imagination really. Perhaps with intention you could invite it. As for me I just receive what comes.

Xan

Xan, what do these sounds sound like? Are they describable? I get tones from time to time . Is that what you're talking about? Or is it only through meditation that they are heard? I'm really curious. I've started opening up again, a little anyway.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Master
believer... The inner sounds may be heard with or without meditation. This kind of meditating just means focused listening to them.

There are a variety of sounds, the ringing tone being the most common, and may also be bells, flute or other musical instruments, wind or ocean - like putting a conch shell up to your ear, drumming, deep rumbling and so on. One might also hear a wide range of tones from low to high at various times.

Xan

Old 06-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruebeliever
Xan, what do these sounds sound like? Are they describable? I get tones from time to time . Is that what you're talking about? Or is it only through meditation that they are heard? I'm really curious. I've started opening up again, a little anyway.
The OP wonders about a high pitched tone in the ear.
We may remember when we were young that a high pitched sound could be heard from the TV set. That sound, 15kHz is fairly close to the maximum frequency a human can perceive and thus not too distracting for most people.

If one can remember it, then the tinnitus noise is very similar, constant, high pitched, except without a TV set. As it has no modulation it carries no message other than to announce its presence.

Something like a sound current will have to be considerably different.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Master
Thanks for the info. I will have to pay closer attention to the sounds. At various times I have heard a rumbling, tinkling bells, and the other night, a harp(although I think that was part of a lucid dream.)
Old 06-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
The OP wonders about a high pitched tone in the ear.
We may remember when we were young that a high pitched sound could be heard from the TV set. That sound, 15kHz is fairly close to the maximum frequency a human can perceive and thus not too distracting for most people.

If one can remember it, then the tinnitus noise is very similar, constant, high pitched, except without a TV set. As it has no modulation it carries no message other than to announce its presence.

Something like a sound current will have to be considerably different.

If it's quiet and you listen carefully, you'll hear a sound. It's not different, it's just the sound which is there. I bet everyone has a 'sound in their head.

Who cares about the 'inner sound current'?pffft. No one can hear a sound which isn't there. They can only hear the sound which is actually audible.

If ones want to use it as meditation focus it's a good tool for that.

Gosh. people really buy into this woo woo xan's selling ay?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Master
The term "inner sound current" indicates sound that is non-physical in nature. I understand deaf people can hear it, perhaps even better because they are not distracted by outer/physical sounds.

The vast non-physical dimensions we call spiritual may seem "woo woo" and unreal, until one experiences this for him/herself.

Xan