Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
Hi Daz,

Why not? We fooled the mind into thinking we have the problem to begin with.

I would invite you to consider though, that hypnosis is not fooling the mind anymore than believing we have a problem has.

Hi Again K.P.

Thanks for your thoughts . Interesting convo .

After an Individual has been subjected to hypnotic suggestion can that same Individual dance around believing that they are a chicken . Is the mind fooling the Individual In that respect .

If we take your analogy of the child having a fear of dogs for discussion .

My approach regarding self healing and self empowerment will come to fruition when the Individual Is experiencing the realization as to why he/she feels the way they do . All Is linked to the soul and what the soul needs to experience within mind . To absolve and transmute fears within the experiences of life one must be In self love mode .

Perhaps the child who Is fearful of dogs mistreated animals and subjected them to pains and sufferings In their past Incarnation . The karmic wheel perhaps In motion . In Effect . Does the Individual through hypnotic suggestion repay their karmic debt by altering their mind set from a fearful state to a empowered state .

What Is then happening to what the soul Is In need of .

What happens to the soul experience of an Individual that Is very down and sad within themselves that undergoes positive affirmations that alters their experience of expressing sadness . This Is what I experienced and It had everything to do with past life energies coming to the fore because I was self enquiring as to what needed healing within myself .

I deserved to feel sad . I needed to feel sad . That Is the point . Self forgiveness self love Is the process that heals .

If I had at that time hypnosis where that Influence was suggestive In that I am worthy of happiness or that I am happy and all Is well In my life and of myself then that would actually be counterproductive as to which was naturally unfolding via emotional expression .

Wouldn’t or couldn’t a powerful hypnotic session stem or suppress the flow of what was needed to be expressed?

I would say that In those Instances the hypnotist needs to be In touch or In tune with the patient on a soul level would you agree? In order to be sure that they are not overriding a soul lesson .

Do hypnotists connect with their patients on a soul level .

Thanks again K.P.

x dazzle x
Old 13-04-2011, 03:38 AM
kabash

many people have this huge misunderstanding about what hypnosis is, the
books, articles all these things have really created this misconception of ‘power’ in hypnosis of complete control, of domination of another human being.
Personally, I think it’s a good thing that that is not possible.
You see, in hypnosis you are negotiating with someone’s unconscious mind. And the unconscious mind is the place where people’s ethics and moral code is really stored.
So in hypnosis you’ll never get someone to break their ethical code. But “hold on”
you’ll say, “I saw a stage show and all these people were running around, acting like chickens, and doing all kinds of crazy things. Surely the hypnotist, on that show, had complete control?”
Well, yes and no. Let me explain what I mean by that. An analogy I’d like to draw is imagine a magician doing his show. Now, in this show he causes a woman to levitate up off the ground, and fly around the audience, before coming right back to the front stage. The question is this: “Did the woman fly?”
Sure, she was 6-foot up in the air. Sure, she made a tour around the entire
audience, and she was genuinely up in the air in that position. But was it really levitation? Was it really flying?
No. Everyone knows that some kind of trickery, some kind of machine, wires,
whatever you want, was actually involved in creating the illusion of flight.
Well, a stage hypnotist’s job is to create the illusion of control.
Old 13-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Krishna-prem

Hi Daz
Quote:
After an Individual has been subjected to hypnotic suggestion can that same Individual dance around believing that they are a chicken . Is the mind fooling the Individual In that respect .

It may be useful to consider what Kabash has said in the post above about hypnosis being a negotiation. It's not a matter of someone being subjected to hypnotic suggestion. It's two people deciding to enter a hypnotic relationship. The hypnotist only has power to the extent that the person being hypnotized decided to engage in the interaction. You bring up the idea of chicken so I'm going to assume here you are referring to stage shows where you see people do silly things. In those cases remember there is only a show to the extent that people choose to participate. The people who do participate tend to be very extroverted and like being the center of attention. It's not the mind fooling the individual because the mind and individual are one. It is the individual choosing to suspend what they normally consider reality for a short period of time and try something else on for a little fun. It's also important to know that just as things are never as they seem in a magic show, the same is true about these type of demos of hypnosis.

Quote:
If we take your analogy of the child having a fear of dogs for discussion .

My approach regarding self healing and self empowerment will come to fruition when the Individual Is experiencing the realization as to why he/she feels the way they do . All Is linked to the soul and what the soul needs to experience within mind . To absolve and transmute fears within the experiences of life one must be In self love mode .

Perhaps the child who Is fearful of dogs mistreated animals and subjected them to pains and sufferings In their past Incarnation . The karmic wheel perhaps In motion . In Effect . Does the Individual through hypnotic suggestion repay their karmic debt by altering their mind set from a fearful state to a empowered state .

Everything is karma. Every action has a reaction and its net is so intricate it is impossible to see all of the interconnections. Thus how could we ever know when someone repays their karmic debt? How do we know that them coming to hypnosis for relief of that is not the direct result of the merit they've created in past lives as well. Each individual must carry their own karma however I will surely take every opportunity to relieve them of it.

Quote:
What Is then happening to what the soul Is In need of

Ideas of the soul and karma are up to personal belief and I have my own just has you have your's. Hypnosis is about changing the way the mind processes information. It's not my job to make any decisions about my clients' spirituality. If I did that and forced upon them beliefs about the soul, reincarnation, God, or anything else I risk losing rapport and thus the whole process will fail. The executive who comes in to my office because he has a fear of public speaking tends not to be interested in those things. If I want to help him I better stay clear of such topics and just do the work that's needed.

Quote:
What happens to the soul experience of an Individual that Is very down and sad within themselves that undergoes positive affirmations that alters their experience of expressing sadness . This Is what I experienced and It had everything to do with past life energies coming to the fore because I was self enquiring as to what needed healing within myself

If this worked few than fantastic and I'm very happy to hear you are in a better place now. From the stand point of hypnosis we don't need to go into past life stuff (although some therapists choose too). We can get the work done in the here and now. Ultimately it comes down to personal choice. I don't work with past life cases for personal reasons and I am just as successful as those who do.

Quote:
I deserved to feel sad . I needed to feel sad . That Is the point . Self forgiveness self love Is the process that heals .

If I had at that time hypnosis where that Influence was suggestive In that I am worthy of happiness or that I am happy and all Is well In my life and of myself then that would actually be counterproductive as to which was naturally unfolding via emotional expression .

The hypnotherapeutic process is not a matter of the hypnotist sitting there telling people while they are in trance, "you're happy, all is well, you're worthy of happiness, etc". That type of work is doomed to fail in most cases. What we do is FAR more sophisticated than that. We are completely reorienting reality with the client.

[
Quote:
COLOR=RoyalBlue]Wouldn’t or couldn’t a powerful hypnotic session stem or suppress the flow of what was needed to be expressed?[/color]

No this is not how hypnosis works.

Quote:
I would say that In those Instances the hypnotist needs to be In touch or In tune with the patient on a soul level would you agree? In order to be sure that they are not overriding a soul lesson .

I can't say I agree or disagree because I'm not quite sure what you mean by "on a soul level". How would you gauge that? This once again comes down to your own belief. How do you know the hypnosis isn't the lesson they needed.

I do not concern myself with metaphysics when working with clients. They don't ask for it and it's not really my job to do that. It would be insanely unethical for me to tell a client that they need to believe this or that about the soul and afterlife. I'm working with the mind which personally I see no different than the soul/ self but that's my belief. We have a good understanding of how the mind and hypnosis work together and hypnosis is an incredibly powerful tool for change and growth. When a person comes to me for a session I work with them to create the change they want. What they believe beyond that is really up to them.

Cheers!

KP
Old 14-04-2011, 03:54 AM
kabash

what about ethical code . do you think it could be manipulated?
Old 14-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabash
what about ethical code . do you think it could be manipulated?

This is a really interesting question and one that I feel there is no definitive answer to. My take on it is as follows. We know the story that under hypnosis you can't make someone do something that violates their ethical code and to some extent this is true. If you tell someone in trance to murder someone else, the chances are they will not do it (as long as it's an ethical issue for them ;) ) Now you can do things that are highly unethical that makes the subject believe they are in a situation where their moral code is counter intuitive for survival. In many ways this is what Hitler did. He reoriented peoples' realities so much that people who normally wouldn't kill did some of the most horrific things in human history.

This is just my understanding of it. I've never even considered playing around with someone's ethics.

What do you think?

Cheers!

KP
Old 14-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
Hi Daz

Hi Mate .

It's not the mind fooling the individual because the mind and individual are one.

I think we could both write a book about this K.P. lol . The mind In my understandings Is the tool In which “What we are” can operate / function and experience life . I agree that It Is not separate from what we are . The mind can become a slave to the senses and can be fooled and swayed Into false Identifications . The mind can associate that what we are Is the physical and Is the person . Would you agree . The ordinary mind therefore Is seduced or even hypnotized (excuse the pun) by the illusions of the material .

Everything is karma. Every action has a reaction and its net is so intricate it is impossible to see all of the interconnections. Thus how could we ever know when someone repays their karmic debt?

Through self enquiry an Individual can become aware of Issues that need to be addressed and forgiven that are karmically tied / related . In the awareness of such the Individual along with the awareness of these Issues will feel the emotions connected to them . It will always be In the form of sufferings . Guilt, sadness, depression, self hate etc . .

When the self forgiveness process Is complete the attached emotional sufferings will be no more . That when you know when the karma has been paid / resolved / absolved / transmuted .

How do you know the hypnosis isn't the lesson they needed.

I would say that there are many many therapies available . I am Interested In many . I am a spiritual healer and have worked on a variety of illnesses / problems . What I have realized Is that any healing / therapies that another can offer an Individual will not have same effect as when the Individual self heals .

I have the utmost of respect for all healers that are In service to mankind - I am just becoming more and more aware to that the Individuals that have Issues will need to replace the energy that manifests the Issues with what we regard as self love . No-one can bring that to an individual . No reiki healers, no surgeons, no herbalists, no nutritionists, etc .

I would say the lessons If you can call It that In regards to your question “How do you know the hypnosis isn't the lesson they needed”. would be that no matter what you try or no matter what you look for that Is outside of your self It will not bring you the deep peace the deep love the deep joy that one Is looking for .

I do not concern myself with metaphysics when working with clients.

That was a bit funny K.P. you work with Individuals minds . The mind Is not of the physical . The mind Is multidimensional and Is not confined to either time or space . How can an Individual that taps Into a persons mind not be entering the world of metaphysics? Peoples Issues are not confined and do not only originate from this Incarnation or from this planet or to what we refer to as here and now .

That’s why I see the benefits of hypnotists connecting with what the soul needs . I would say the same goes for a G.P. How can a G.P. Identify and treat a patient that Is In sufferings with drugs without an awareness thats beyond their physical symptoms .

Thanks again K.P. great convo .

x daz x