Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 26-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Knower

Color Being Single and Happy....

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Hey guys, I dont know why I never had a girlfriend in my life... I do love to have one.. with whom I can share my thoughts.I have female friends but never get too close to them...I am bit shy...and the girls who try to get close with me I generally dont like them and repel them...but they still try...

But the problem is I feel happy with the present life and never had a feeling of being alone or I never felt a need of being loved by some one. I like girls and I am ok with them but the thing is the girl whom I like never know that I liked her, in the last incident I was planning to ask her out and finally the day when I made firm that today is the day I am asking her out ...the girl posted her future hubby pics on a social website...

I still like her, but I dont like to tell her now...about my feeling towards her..

Is it because I never give a girl feeling of being happy to be loved..? I have a good personality and girls do like me (This is not self-praising) my female friends have told me this.....but I never have confidence that a girl could like me...

Can anybody tell me whats the problem over here....do girl whom I like think that I dont need her...I am not that much expressive from my words...I communicate with eyes more...

Help me with this...generally I am always surrounded friends mostly boys...
Old 26-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Suspended
Guide

You sound young. All I can say is when the right girl comes along, you will feel it or want to be with her. It is true that some people are meant to live alone in life. So, if you okay with it maybe that is your plan.

I think you answered your own question by saying you do not express your feelings. If you want a girl to not think you do not need her, then simply let her know that she matters to you. :) Girls like to know that stuff.
Old 31-12-2012, 08:38 AM
escucharla

Being Single and Happy

It really all depends whether you are truly happy in your situation being single. Perhaps you're content with the present situation, or from my perspective you seem to be more comfortable. If you have strong feelings for a girl, you need to let her know from the beginning.

Being a girl, the best advice I can give you is if you dont make a move one of three possibilities will occur (I will frame them in sports terminology for better clarity):

1) Some other guy will intercept (and you will miss your opportunity to win this girl over)
2) You will get friend-zoned (which you may never get out of due to fear of losing your "friendship"
3) She will think you're playing for the wrong team (she'll think your gay)

Pardon my brutally honest opinion, but that's usually what happens when I a guy I fancy doesn't indicate romantic interest from the beginning.

I can tell if a guy is interested in me through body language (friendly touching, eye contact, etc...). In all honesty, I'm rather traditional and I usually let the guy take the lead and wait for him to ask me out.

You should really consider seizing the moment and making a move because you never know until you try. She may reject you and it may be utterly humiliating, but then again, she may also return your affections and say yes. Which would you prefer, to know sooner rather than later whether a girl is interested in you so you don't waste time or would you rather live with the regret of never asking her out and wondering what could have been if you had?

Have confidence that you are an incredible, interesting, and caring individual who deserves love.

I wish you all the best, dear!
Old 31-12-2012, 08:38 AM
escucharla

Being Single and Happy

It really all depends whether you are truly happy in your situation being single. Perhaps you're content with the present situation, or from my perspective you seem to be more comfortable. If you have strong feelings for a girl, you need to let her know from the beginning.

Being a girl, the best advice I can give you is if you dont make a move one of three possibilities will occur (I will frame them in sports terminology for better clarity):

1) Some other guy will intercept (and you will miss your opportunity to win this girl over)
2) You will get friend-zoned (which you may never get out of due to fear of losing your "friendship")

Pardon my brutally honest opinion, but that's usually what happens when a guy I fancy doesn't indicate romantic interest from the beginning.

I can tell if a guy is interested in me through body language (friendly touching, eye contact, proximity, etc...). In all honesty, I'm rather traditional and I usually let the guy take the lead and wait for him to ask me out.

You should really consider seizing the moment and making a move because you never know until you try. She may reject you and it may be utterly humiliating, but then again, she may also return your affections and say yes. Which would you prefer, to know sooner rather than later whether a girl is interested in you so you don't waste time or would you rather live with the regret of never asking her out and wondering what could have been if you had?

Have confidence that you are an incredible, interesting, and caring individual who deserves love.

Old 31-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Master

I wouldn't worry about it too much, relax, enjoy getting to know the girls but also your male friends.

These things often creep up on you when you least expect it but ask the universe for the opportunity for a romance in your life. And believe it will come.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by escucharla

2) You will get friend-zoned (which you may never get out of due to fear of losing your "friendship"

Pardon my brutally honest opinion, but that's usually what happens when I a guy I fancy doesn't indicate romantic interest from the beginning.

I can tell if a guy is interested in me through body language (friendly touching, eye contact, etc...). In all honesty, I'm rather traditional and I usually let the guy take the lead and wait for him to ask me out.

yeah I drag things to an extent...nd then the girl thinks that I am not interested in her..this is the prob..I never have guts to ask a girl out..and I am a bit shy person. But this time I am not going to let it happen..
Old 11-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
You sound young. All I can say is when the right girl comes along, you will feel it or want to be with her. It is true that some people are meant to live alone in life. So, if you okay with it maybe that is your plan.

I think you answered your own question by saying you do not express your feelings. If you want a girl to not think you do not need her, then simply let her know that she matters to you. :) Girls like to know that stuff.
I am 27 years old, not old yet indeed. Sure this time I will make sure the girl knows that she matters to me..
Old 11-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I wouldn't worry about it too much, relax, enjoy getting to know the girls but also your male friends.

These things often creep up on you when you least expect it but ask the universe for the opportunity for a romance in your life. And believe it will come.
Yea I take things easy, waiting for the right time.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Master
Being single is great and I wouldn't have it any other way, but it took me so many relationships to realize this, maybe you have to find this out yourself.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Being single is great and I wouldn't have it any other way, but it took me so many relationships to realize this, maybe you have to find this out yourself.

Well, that's the way I feel too. All mine died except one, (who is now three hundred miles away!) so haven't been inclined to bother any more...I mean...this is my "be kind to people" phase....haha