Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Neville

Quote:
me and everything else.

I tripped up, stumbled and fell flat on my face on that one sentence...

Are You not a part of everything else ?
Old 24-06-2015, 12:50 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I tripped up, stumbled and fell flat on my face on that one sentence...

Are You not a part of everything else ?

As consciousness, I am not part of anything. Being part of anything is being in thought. (Note that consciousness is not the same as human consciousness or ego consciousness, ie being conscious as a person).

A person is not conscious; s/he only thinks s/he is conscious.
Old 25-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Master

Strange, I was just writing something along the lines of the post. How the brain works. I think this recognizes that first it happens.

Something I realized thinking about consciousness is parts of consciousness can be just as hidden as the subconscious. For a long time I've said, the brain will do what it needs to, to protect you. It works to achieve balance. Of course these are my thoughts.

I'm reading an excellent book on the brain. I can pass it on if you wish. As strange as it sounds, I have come to conclude a simple thing, memories have to be remembered and they cannot be cut off so to speak, and there is a subliminal aspects going on.

I have also concluded, consciousness for humans is repetitive in nature and seems to be able to be stimulated. Memories are very hard to let go and I think avoidance and denial helps.
Old 25-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Avoidance and Denial

Why is that our gifted and marvelous brain confuses us to feel such states as avoidance and denial.

Perhaps they are some sort of defense mechanism like the fear itself. Avoidance and Denial are some kind of lies that we tell to ourselves.

The hazardous stuff about them is that they could be hidden in some subconscious level of our mind, -some people might know this particular place as the Ego-.

But do they really protect us from the outside dangers?
I think that in some cases they do, but most of the time we will find out that we were wasting our time while we were avoiding or denying something.

Energetically speaking the Avoidance is like trying to disperse the path of a river with the our bear hands, and in the other hand, the Denial is like trying to cover the sun with our thumb.

The awakening and wisdom flow naturally in a mind who has overcome the avoidance and denial. When you decide not to live with those nasty folks in your mind, it feels like a thousand Angels blessing you at once, so I guess that is related with the liberation and ascension. Maybe those words have some literal meaning.

Any thoughts friends?

We are everything we seek to be and do, how we behave and how we interact with all life. In the nature of you and life being in a transient open flow naturally being itself in motion with all life, you will always catch up to yourself no matter what you do, how you behave, seek to be and do that creates any gaps/spaces of your own creation. What I miss to see I will be shown, what I miss to feel I will face to feel in everyway of the view in the whole.

Liberation is letting all sides fall away, embracing all sides, even when you may not see/feel that side is part of you. The whole has no sides, it flows effortlessly of itself.

The spaces we create between our choices and creation is our choices and creation, that space is us, eventually that space will be opened to embraced in yourself.

So you are the denial and the avoidance, the projection and projector when you push outward to others and not own the whole in yourself fully.

We can create in any way, but creation of itself is us in everyway, even when we might believe it is another's creation, we are right there with it all as part of our whole nature, as that whole. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
We are everything we seek to be and do, how we behave and how we interact with all life. In the nature of you and life being in a transient open flow naturally being itself in motion with all life, you will always catch up to yourself no matter what you do, how you behave, seek to be and do that creates any gaps/spaces of your own creation. What I miss to see I will be shown, what I miss to feel I will face to feel in everyway of the view in the whole.

Liberation is letting all sides fall away, embracing all sides, even when you may not see/feel that side is part of you. The whole has no sides, it flows effortlessly of itself.

The spaces we create between our choices and creation is our choices and creation, that space is us, eventually that space will be opened to embraced in yourself.

So you are the denial and the avoidance, the projection and projector when you push outward to others and not own the whole in yourself fully.

We can create in any way, but creation of itself is us in everyway, even when we might believe it is another's creation, we are right there with it all as part of our whole nature, as that whole. :)

The water soft and delicate, but it has the strength to crush rocks.

I believe that is the essence of flowing effortlessly

A great power !
Old 27-06-2015, 12:44 AM
I have not met avoidance and denial so much.

I am very acquainted with my inner guidance system and intentional focus...
which someone could call avoidance, ha!

In my younger years I was also very acquainted with shame, anger, and blame...I didn't deny much...
more beat myself up....decades ago anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But, WAIT! I avoid and deny or distract and put off...Total and complete ''enlightenment' or
my True Self 100%!
Dah.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2015, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
The water soft and delicate, but it has the strength to crush rocks.

The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there. Yasutani Roshi
Quote:
I believe that is the essence of flowing effortlessly

A great power !

How great thou art Lucyan!

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-06-2015, 06:19 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Hi Ivy

I'm glad for your response, now I have second thoughts about my post of avoidance and denial

About Avoidance.

Please allow me to talk more about the avoidance. I was referring when we use the avoidance in order to escape some unpleasant situations (emotional or physical) for example all the negative emotions.

Although avoid a physical danger is a survival instinct, which is a good thing, but I was not talking of that in this case

Also when we avoid people physically is because we're escaping for a mental recreation -perception- of something that we want to elude, consciously or unconsciously, about that person.

There is one primal example of avoidance, when we avoid eye contact with a person ! Oh my god ! That is one pretty interesting thing when it happens, isn't it? In what kind of circumstances we avoid eye contact?
When we tell lies, when we want to hide the truth, when we want to dodge a painful truth, or simply when we feel embarrass.

Anyway avoiding something unpleasant is some kind of pain/suffering in our mind, like a burden.

And at some point we have to face all the situations/persons/ideas that we wanted to avoid, I think that is a crucial factor which detonates the experience.

I would make one differentiation here - to avoid something within oneself can only really be a temporary break before it becomes dishonesty to the self and denial of self (never helpful in my view). But to avoid an external person/situation, yet be in open acknowledgement of why we are choosing to avoid that, could be called discernment of choice. I would add though, that discernment comes without criticism or blame of the external situation - choice is a responsibility to self. And with self-responsibility, discernment changes in each moment and requires ongoing work to maintain the deep self-honesty to make the right choices.

Quote:
About Denial.

Well I think I'm totally overwhelmed with your thoughts about denial.

I think we can't deny other person's perception due to the subjective/relative law.

Nonetheless, we may be in denial with ourselves, which is the tricky and nasty part.

I guess that in the very moment that we are in denial, we are not aware that we are in denial, but what would happen if we make regularly a conscious effort to examine our day to day if there is something weird or kinky going on in our life.

Anyway I'm not sure if we can do that monitoring of our denial-ness in the present moment nor in the future

I believe you are right that the awareness of our own denial lies in the past, as a retrospective, and it bring us the light and awareness in the present moment, which will lead to knowledge.

Let's flow with our self, whatever feelings we might be feeling.

Old 27-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I have also concluded, consciousness for humans is repetitive in nature and seems to be able to be stimulated. Memories are very hard to let go and I think avoidance and denial helps.
I think avoidance and denial may help to bury memories, but that's the opposite to letting them go. I think really, you've got to become conscious of whatever it is that triggers the memory - a recurring memory can be a useful pointer to the sadness, fear, or whatever it is that's underlying it, but if you bury the memory, you bury the cause, too, and it remains unresolved.

Just my two cents.
Old 27-06-2015, 04:35 PM
naturesflow, I just saw your signature...

"Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ beyond belief."
I was just closing up to meditate...WHAT an inspiration.
Thankthankthank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru