Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 25-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Master

I believe in all the pagan gods and goddesses. To me they are not just an aspect of the divine they are divine beings in their own right, each with their own personality and their own specialties, such as healing, destruction, protection etc.

My practice is Celtic and my patron goddess is, of course, Celtic, as is the god I pray to.

What purposes do they serve in my life - they ARE my life. Their presence in my life is a wonderful thing. I don't just ask for help from them when I want something, I honour them, give them thanks and revere them and communicate with them every day/night.

How have they helped me - well, the list is endless, but I can name a few - they give me confidence, they protect me and my home and family, they help me learn lessons I need to learn (sometimes not in the easiest of ways, lol) they give me signs and messages........etc.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
I understand what you are saying, and some Christians do that, when they invoke specific saints and angels. It might help if you stated what results you are seeking? If it's love, I see no harm in calling on Aphrodite, for instance. She is just one of the aspects of the Goddess. I invoked Diana, and worked with moon phases when I wanted my husband. I used the waxing moon, because I wanted all of him, and not just his body, or a short term relationship. I have told him since. He says it's the best spell I ever made. I give him a "booster shot", occasionally. Do you Cast? It's a form of prayer, I think. The intention must always be good.

Hello RosieCotto,

Are you saying you worked spells to get your husband to fall in love with you? And you occasionally work a spell to keep him in love with you?

Please understand that I am not judging you (I'm not Wiccan) but many Wiccans would frown upon that because you took away his free will when you worked spells to get him. I'm just wondering what your take on this is.
Old 25-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Hello RosieCotto,

Are you saying you worked spells to get your husband to fall in love with you? And you occasionally work a spell to keep him in love with you?

Please understand that I am not judging you (I'm not Wiccan) but many Wiccans would frown upon that because you took away his free will when you worked spells to get him. I'm just wondering what your take on this is.

Since when is love not some kind of spell that is cast upon the unwary; anybody who falls in love is hopelessly enslaved by some irrational power.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:21 PM
GweneveirPriestess

To Naddread: Oh wow, that's so interesting! I am incredibly happy about the variety here! ;w; If you don't mind me asking, for how long have you been Heathen? And also, how would you describe a Heathen? Or the religion/belief/craft, per se?
Old 25-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Master
I have particular leanings towards Gaia but I mostly work with Nature Spirits.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:27 PM
GweneveirPriestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I believe in all the pagan gods and goddesses. To me they are not just an aspect of the divine they are divine beings in their own right, each with their own personality and their own specialties, such as healing, destruction, protection etc.

My practice is Celtic and my patron goddess is, of course, Celtic, as is the god I pray to.

What purposes do they serve in my life - they ARE my life. Their presence in my life is a wonderful thing. I don't just ask for help from them when I want something, I honour them, give them thanks and revere them and communicate with them every day/night.

That's so nice, Jenny! If I may ask, for how long have you been a practitioner? And also, do you have a Pagan name? (your username sounded like it could be it) :>

I'm thoroughly interested that your practice is Celtic! A good friend of mine is greatly thinking about making her spiritual guidance based upon the Celtic Pagan background. She says it really calls to her. :)
Old 25-05-2014, 05:30 PM
GweneveirPriestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I have particular leanings towards Gaia but I mostly work with Nature Spirits.

Greetings, Norseman! I am happy to have found another that honours Gaia. And Nature Spirits!! May I ask, how have these spirits helped you? And do they take a form that the human eye can see, or is it more of an energy? Like a feeling?
Old 25-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Experiencer

Well, basically, yes, Jenny. I wouldn't do that now, but I was young and foolish. Hmm, that might not be true - I really wanted him. He was already in love with me, but I wanted the relationship to last, not just be a passing fling. I think if we remain in love now, it's a good thing for both of us, and our daughter, so I can't see the harm. It just serves to keep passion alive. I don't want to live without passion, at any age. I think if I was obnoxious, and mistreated him, no spell would bind him. I don't think you can use a spell to create love where none exists, but this was mutual, and was more about the nature of the relationship. He thinks that I believe in things "seen and unseen" is cute, and slightly ridiculous, but isn't completely sure! I do thank the Divine for my blessings, and for our continued love every day. He is my "moon and stars". I am just a very strange woman - what can I say? I don't do anything like that casually, or often. It might work like the law of attraction. You "put it out there", and the Universe decides if you receive it. I used a spell when I wanted to give birth to my daughter, but I think she was a sign of Divine forgiveness, and love. She is the other light of my life, and may be the result of my Great Aunt's prayers for me. She was basically a saint. I used one, combined with Feng Shui to remove my evil neighbor, but I tried not to harm him. I think "wise women" probably did what they did because women were so powerless in society. Just my thoughts - no one needs to agree.
Old 25-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Ascender
I worship the Norse Gods, namely Thor, Skadi and Eira.
Thor was the first to come to me, then Skadi and finally Eira. Thor helps me find inner strength and is the one I pray to when I ask for protection. Skadi is the one I look to when I need confidence, and Eira is the one I ask for help when I feel ill or need help with healing another.

I also believe in another deity, Lilith. First wife of Adam. She is the embodiment of femininity and inner strength, standing up to God and Adam and sacrificing paradise when she refused to let Adam walk over her. I also believe in Demeter and Persephone, Hecate and an unknown Roman deity called Fulgora, Goddess of Lightning.
Old 25-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Experiencer

Do you sense the presence of the gods, and goddesses, or see them with your eyes, Lilyth? Your post intrigued me. I believe that every God ever conceived by man still exists, and are aspects of the "One". I love the idea of Lilith, and feel a connection to Ceridwen, the Welsh goddess of the Cauldron, and Mother of Poets.