Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 13-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Jilly

Infertility

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 years. We have tried IVF and many other drugs, surgery and just about anything 'conventional'.

Has anyone had experience with accupuncture and fertility?
Old 13-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Master
Actually, my daughter in law is going to give this a try, I believe, or was thinking of it. She and my son want to have children. She's been diagnosed with poly ovarian cyst disease. A friend of hers had it done and the 'dr' came in and performed the acupuncture, then said he would be back in 15 minutes. While he was out her abdomen made a very loud noise and she felt funny, and worried she might have to go to the bathroom or something. When he came back, he asked her how she felt. She said fine. (too embarrassed to say the other)...he asked if she felt anything at all or heard anything, and her face got red and she then told him what happened. He said good, it's working (or worked). She ended up getting pregnant after her treatment(s) (not sure how many she had)... the thing with this story is another girl went and was telling how her stomach or abdomen reacted and the sound and the other woman said that was exactly what happened to her.

Can't hurt, I say. Give it a try.
Old 13-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Master
I read a medical study a few years back that showed that accupuncture increased the chances of becoming pregnant by IVF by 40%. So I'd say yes, it would be good to give it a try. Like Sarian said, it can't hurt.

Old 14-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Jilly

Thanks so much for your responses. I live in a remote part of Australia and its often hard to get advice and help with these things. I now feel that persuing accupuncture is worth a try - now to find one !!

If there are other therapies anyone has tried I am willing to give anything a try.

Thanks again!
Old 14-05-2012, 10:52 PM
CaramelDancer

Nice idea!

Accupuncture works well in combo with herbal therapies.
You may want to look into Shahtavari, the herb known as 'she who has 100 husbands' (for obvious reasons) :)

I wish you both all the best!~
Old 23-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Aquarian

Do you know the cause of your infertility?
Old 27-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Jilly

Acupuncture update

Hi
Just wanted to let you know how things have gone with acupuncture. My infertility is totally unexplained (by my Doctors) - diagnosed as "Unexplained infertility" - a totally frustrating and pointless diagnosis.

I went to see a fertility acupuncturist and she said I had very stagnant energy in my womb and bowel areas (I only have bowel movements once or twice a fortnight). My period cycle is also from 38 to 40 days long. So she wants to get all my 'bits' woring with a combination of herbs and acupuncture. After the first treatment I had a lot of pain in my small intestine and bowel. Sorry for the following but since I had the acyupunture I have had a bowel movment each day!!!!

So the idea is to get myself functioning before trying again to conceive. I feel let down by doctors over the past 3 years - ech one knew that I had bowel issues - not one has pursued it, let alone indicated that my body would not likely hold a pregnancy if there are significant issues in that area!!

Will keep you posted

xxx
Old 29-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly
Just wanted to let you know how things have gone with acupuncture. My infertility is totally unexplained (by my Doctors) - diagnosed as "Unexplained infertility" - a totally frustrating and pointless diagnosis.
At least they're honest. If only every psychological condition was diagnosed the same eg unexplained depression, unexplained anxiety. Wouldn't that be great?

So you don't have high FSH? Or low egg amounts produced by IVF? Have you ever been pregnant?

Quote:
I went to see a fertility acupuncturist and she said I had very stagnant energy in my womb and bowel areas (I only have bowel movements once or twice a fortnight).
You don't eat??

Stagnant energy in your womb would be caused by fixations in your Tan Tien. Likewise, stagnant energy in your bowel although this is also caused by bad diet.

Do you struggle with motivation and making decisions about your life?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Master
Wow, that's pretty interesting Jilly, regarding the acupuncturist. Did your the acupuncturist leave you alone for about 15 minutes and during that time, did your bowels make quite a bit of sound and action? Keep us posted. I'm not keen on mainstream medical practioners myself.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Guide

I'm glad this is helpful for you both. I'm an acupuncture student and look forward to aiding people with their health. As for your frustration with western doctors, it is certainly understandable, and moreso if they don't have a good attitude. Though you might comprehend their diagnosis and inaction in that they have a vastly different understanding of phsyiology from acupuncturists. Sometimes, what western science cannot explain, the science of the energetic network of the body can. Sometimes what one system cannot treat, the other can. And often help from more than one system is beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly
Hi

I went to see a fertility acupuncturist and she said I had very stagnant energy in my womb and bowel areas (I only have bowel movements once or twice a fortnight). My period cycle is also from 38 to 40 days long. So she wants to get all my 'bits' woring with a combination of herbs and acupuncture. After the first treatment I had a lot of pain in my small intestine and bowel. Sorry for the following but since I had the acyupunture I have had a bowel movment each day!!!!

So the idea is to get myself functioning before trying again to conceive. I feel let down by doctors over the past 3 years - ech one knew that I had bowel issues - not one has pursued it, let alone indicated that my body would not likely hold a pregnancy if there are significant issues in that area!!

Will keep you posted

xxx