Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 15-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
OMG I'm gob smacked, lol. In a past life I was a member of the Brigantes, too, fighting. I have a strong memory of a particular skirmish that we won although many of us, including myself, were wounded.

I enjoy living in Canada but I miss England, the moors and the smell of the North Sea. I'd go back in an instant but my family is all here.

Jenny Crow

Just for you, Jenny
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/northpennines/highcupnick-5506b.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/northpennines/HPIM0348.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Swaledale/SwaleatGunnerside.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Swaledale/Swale1.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/HPIM0734.jpg

Sniff deeply when you open the photos and you WILL smell the moors ! Look through the hole in the hagstone and you will be transported to a North Sea beach.
Old 15-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Lanzalady

Just BEAUTIFUL!
Old 15-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Master

Oh thank you, the photos were lovely. We used to go for pic-nics around Swaledale now and then. Loved the hagstone and it wasn't a big leap to be able to smell the North Sea again. The sands we visited most were Saltburn, Scarborough and Whitby.

Thank you again,
Jenny Crow
Old 15-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Lanzalady

Quote:
Hello Lanzalady,
I noticed your question to Norseman and I hope you don't mind my responding....but yes, Brigid and Brigantia are the same goddess. She is known by many names, Brighid, Bride, Brigit, Brigantia, Brigid and Bridey to name but a few. She is a very popular goddess in Ireland, Scotland and England and in parts of Europe. She was so popular in Ireland that she became a saint.

She is the goddess of healing, poetry, divination and smithcraft and Imbolc is her festival.

Jenny Crow

Thanks Jenny. I shall do more digging under Bragantia.
LL
Old 16-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh thank you, the photos were lovely. We used to go for pic-nics around Swaledale now and then. Loved the hagstone and it wasn't a big leap to be able to smell the North Sea again. The sands we visited most were Saltburn, Scarborough and Whitby.

Thank you again,
Jenny Crow

@Jenny. Saltburn - I was born and bred on Teesside. Saltburn has been much smartened up in recent years.
Scarborough - used to go there a lot for the motorcycle racing around Oliver's Mount
Whitby - still one of my favourite runs although on 4 wheels now. Goth weekends are great fun there and it still has the world's best fish and chips
I am still in the North-East.
Old 16-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Lanzalady

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
@Jenny. Saltburn - I was born and bred on Teesside. Saltburn has been much smartened up in recent years.
Scarborough - used to go there a lot for the motorcycle racing around Oliver's Mount
Whitby - still one of my favourite runs although on 4 wheels now. Goth weekends are great fun there and it still has the world's best fish and chips

Hi Norseman, that's one of the few things I miss being in Lanzarote...fish n chips. We can get them here, but they're just not the same...
Old 16-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzalady
Hi Norseman, that's one of the few things I miss being in Lanzarote...fish n chips. We can get them here, but they're just not the same...

Ll - I could be persuaded to do a swap
Old 16-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Lanzalady

Quote:
Ll - I could be persuaded to do a swap

Oh yes!!! I feel very blessed to live here. I wake up, every day, thankful that I'm here. I can see the sea from my house (a tiny bit, anyway) and I can hear and smell it some nights too. I'm 20 min walk from the beach on 5 mins in the car and, I have to say, life is grand!!! No decent fish and chips is a small price to pay...

LL
Old 16-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Witches are sexy.

Just sayin
Old 16-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Master

Quote:

LOL been to Oliver's Mount many times, my Dad used to race motorcycles.

I spent all my summers at Saltburn at my grandparents' house - I still miss it. I hear they closed the train station and I think the train stops before that now?? We used to play on the rocks below Huntcliffe, being wary of the tides, and hang on the pier pilings and scare our mothers, lol.

Oh, yes, Whitby fish and chips mmmmm. I'd love to go to a Goth weekend, I hate flying but will have to try to get back one of these years.

Jenny Crow