Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
i guess it depends on what sort of help they're looking for

search and ye shall not always find

"Seek and you shall always find what you subconsciously believe you are worthy to find."

THAT is essentially what Jesus meant. Every action has a corresponding reaction. This is basic physics.
Old 26-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
I didn't state that affirmations have a 100% success rate, in the sense that the person will receive what they think they want. When I stated 100%, I was obviously referring and defining "affirmations" in a different manner than you, and I gave clear examples of my understanding of what affirming really is.
where is the love? why are you being so negative?

i'm not here to convince anyone of anything... my belief is that affirmations don't work... and i don't see how that makes it an affirmation

and just because my belief is different to yours doesn't make it negative... you have simply framed it to be that way to force your argument
Old 26-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Actually I am enjoying my interacting with you, disconnected. The love is in my heart.

You are caught up in words. Affirmations, by the way, are not about words. They are about feeling/vibration. Everything is energy. Again, basic physics at work here.

You are entitled to your belief, of course. Remember, you were the one who came online and started a thread telling people what NOT to do, disregarding the fact that most people here OBVIOUSLY feel positive about using affirmations.

You think what you did is positive? Be real. It's all fine, though. I am sharing insights just as you are. We are equals.
Old 26-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
If I decide I wish to feel warm and fuzzy, I can pretty much conjure up that reality. It might take snuggling in a blanket, but it can be done. In a sense, that's all awareness is saying with the comment: "The real power of an affirmation is to give a person a feeling of well-being in the moment."

The part of that comment you seem to be struggling with has more to do with this I think: "It propels people to act and create in loving and highly beneficial ways."

If you're unwilling to concede that life is meant to be a conscious exploration of loving action, for the benefit to all, then of course you will oppose any thoughts or beliefs along those lines. So this whole thread and dialogue isn't about affirmations and whether they're true. What it is, is revealing, via your own words, your intent and the actions you take, and whether they're loving and of benefit. Are they? Do you think they are?

i believe "for the benefit to all" is smart marketing... unfortunately the facade is exploited for tyranny and absolutely atrocious behaviour by many preaching the whole "conscious exploration of loving action"... i'm not pointing the finger at you... simply an observation of the world... yes i believe my actions are loving and for benefit... otherwise i wouldn't bother commenting
Old 26-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Seeker

Quote:
And your original post is all relative, my friend. What is your point with that?
the point is that affirmations don't work as per original post
Old 26-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Seeker

Quote:
"Seek and you shall always find what you subconsciously believe you are worthy to find."
THAT is essentially what Jesus meant. Every action has a corresponding reaction. This is basic physics.
do you really believe that?
Old 26-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
i believe "for the benefit to all" is smart marketing... unfortunately the facade is exploited for tyranny and absolutely atrocious behaviour by many preaching the whole "conscious exploration of loving action"... i'm not pointing the finger at you... simply an observation of the world... yes i believe my actions are loving and for benefit... otherwise i wouldn't bother commenting

That is a much more honest approach. Getting right to it, instead of posting exaggerated messages about a practice not working. Your initial post lacked that honesty. It was like a short rant, without deep substance.

I kept responding in this thread, so as to see more depth of what you are sharing, and I sincerely believe and feel that you have much depth to share.
Old 26-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Actually I am enjoying my interacting with you, disconnected. The love is in my heart.

You are caught up in words. Affirmations, by the way, are not about words. They are about feeling/vibration. Everything is energy. Again, basic physics at work here.

You are entitled to your belief, of course. Remember, you were the one who came online and started a thread telling people what NOT to do, disregarding the fact that most people here OBVIOUSLY feel positive about using affirmations.

You think what you did is positive? Be real. It's all fine, though. I am sharing insights just as you are. We are equals.

hey if you're being honest then i love you all the more for it
Old 26-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
do you really believe that?
Not only do I believe it, I practice it and know it works well for me, every day.
Old 26-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
hey if you're being honest then i love you all the more for it

I truly am loving this interaction, disconnected.

I actually agree with some of what you related to Baile. There is indeed quite a bit of dishonesty in the marketing of such things, and your bringing this to attention is something that many people in this community who may read this thread might want to consider, if they aren't very aware of this.