Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 09-07-2015, 05:38 AM
Experiencer

Appearance manifesting

So i'm pretty good with LOA. I understand it really well and I know to always reach for a better feeling thought. Most things in life are easy for me to improve this way, but I struggle with my appearance. I think that I look awful. I stare into the mirror and get depressed, I take pics of myself and obsess over how ugly I am. I know this is everything that i'm NOT supposed to do, but i'm a girl who grew up feeling ugly in this superficial world. The question is am I making myself ugly?

maybe it sounds silly, but its my trouble area
Old 10-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Auroragirl,

It's great that you've made so many improvements in your life!

There is a part of your brain called the RAS - Reticular Activating System. The RAS is responsible for regulating your sleep, and it also focuses your awareness and attention on the things in your environment that you have told it are important to you.

There is too much going on around us all the time for us to consider and deliberate everything. The RAS acts like a filter, and it only allows the things in our environment that we have deemed important to enter into our awareness. It is the RAS that brings the strange noise into your awareness at night even though you're not aware of the hum of the traffic.

This is the reason why when you are excited about getting something new - lets say a red dress - that suddenly you see a lot of red dresses in your environment. The red dresses were not deemed important before, so you didn't really notice them. Now that you have decided that a red dress is important to you though your RAS will bring them into the focus of your attention. Suddenly you are seeing all the red dresses without even trying.

Your RAS is doing the same thing with your appearance. Since you have been focusing on unattractiveness your RAS will be bringing every tiny thing related to that into your awareness. It will also be blocking out things that are not related to it - those things that are attractive.

Your RAS will bring any tiny imperfection you have into your attention - over, and over and over again. It will show you things in other people that are unattractive and remind you of how you may be similar. It will show you all of the unflattering clothes in a store, but none of the ones that will compliment you. It will select the hairstyles and accessories that aren't the best for you.

Does nay of this sound familiar?

The good news is that your RAS is a safety mechanism. It is designed to be highly flexible and nimble so that it can instantly adapt to changes in your environment. In other words - its easy for you to change.

Once you change the focus of your RAS it will bring all of the attractive elements into your attention. It will show you all of the many, many attractive features that you have. You will hear compliments instead of put-downs. You will see the clothes in the store that compliment you. Magazine articles and books will come into your awareness that can help you.

Please contact us directly so we can help you. :) [email protected]

thoughtism.me
Old 10-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Well, lemme tellya...I have seen very unattractive people....exude so much confidence, poise and niceness....
5 minutes with them
and people are asking for their number!
It is amazing to watch the effect on others.

Here is a fabulous affirmation that actually works...a little too much,
so be careful...it's like a magnet, really.
BUT, you must do it exactly as I learned it, ok? ....For it to work.

The more I, auroragirl, love myself, the more others will love me.
The more you, "", love yourself, the more others will love you.
The more she, "", loves herself, the more others will love her.

Now the first day, you must write this out in a group like this...10 times,
by hand on paper.

After that, sit in a relaxed way, like a reclining chair, breath a few times in a naturally relaxed manner...
and now say this grouping of 3 sentences...10 xs...relaxing, letting
your mind start to feel and contemplate what this really means.

("How" does one love themselves? "How" do we love others?
How would God want me to love myself.
What would that look like ...and so on the mind will ponder all this and more...and it will sink into your subconscious mind.)

Do this for 3 more days...use your fingers to keep count...ha, like prayer beads.

After this, say this aloud or inside whenever you can...brushing your teeth, driving the car, stopping at a light....

Wash any thoughts of low self esteem completely away... replace them with these sentences above.

But, I caution you...you will be a people magnet...married people will get crushes, the same genders will...it is crazy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Experiencer

oh wow really powerful responses here! Thank you!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragirl
So i'm pretty good with LOA. I understand it really well and I know to always reach for a better feeling thought. Most things in life are easy for me to improve this way, but I struggle with my appearance. I think that I look awful. I stare into the mirror and get depressed, I take pics of myself and obsess over how ugly I am. I know this is everything that i'm NOT supposed to do, but i'm a girl who grew up feeling ugly in this superficial world. The question is am I making myself ugly?

maybe it sounds silly, but its my trouble area

auroagirl - It's not a good feeling to have when one is unhappy with him or herself. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Not sure if this can be of any help but I just finished reading a book entitled "The Magic" and it's all about changing ones outlook in every aspect of life by practicing gratitude. There is a whole chapter dedicated to the body. The author suggests when the reader looks into the mirror to say out loud all the reasons he/she is thankful for the body. For example, I'm thankful I have two healthy legs to walk with. It's not an easy thing to undue programming, especially with the onslaught of media's definition of beauty. Beauty starts within and works it's way out.

You asked if you are making yourself ugly by having those thoughts. I believe yes. If a thought is practiced over and over a person can become conditioned to believe and become just what is thought. There is an author, can't remember who, that says, "Change your thoughts, change your mind" or something to that effect. Maybe some affirmations would help. One that comes to mind is "I'm a beautiful human being inside and out." Best to you auroagirl.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Experiencer

Thank u:) i will look into that book!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:59 AM
JalissaG

What you believe, you will perceive in yourself and the world around you. Ugliness is a subjective judgement on an inherently objective phenomenon... Ugly by whose standards? There is no real ugliness, only your perception of it. You could just as easily decide to see yourself as beautiful.

You are having trouble seeing beyond the programming society has bred into you. You are whole, you are beautiful at the deepest levels. See that in yourself and it will be seen by all around you... : )
Old 12-07-2015, 01:26 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalissaG
What you believe, you will perceive in yourself and the world around you. Ugliness is a subjective judgement on an inherently objective phenomenon... Ugly by whose standards? There is no real ugliness, only your perception of it. You could just as easily decide to see yourself as beautiful.

You are having trouble seeing beyond the programming society has bred into you. You are whole, you are beautiful at the deepest levels. See that in yourself and it will be seen by all around you... : )

Thats so true and so wonderful :.)..