Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
No, but by changing the way you think, you create the reality you want.

yes but the way you think cannot alter one way or the other the fact of whether or not there is life after death. i don't have more chance of surviving death if i believe i will, either i will or i won't, the truth of it is beyond my will. believing in it purely because it is empowering is not gonna change the fact of whether or not life after death is a reality.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
the truth of it is beyond my will.

No it isn't.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
No it isn't.

show it to me. just stating that i will live beyond death purely because i will it is unprovable. how can you know for sure?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Scott

Quote:
just stating that i will live beyond death purely because i will it is unprovable. how can you know for sure?

It is something that must be believed.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
It is something that must be believed.

so are you saying that if i don't belierve in life after death then it won't happen?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Scott

Quote:
so are you saying that if i don't belierve in life after death then it won't happen?

You can believe in whatever you want.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
You can believe in whatever you want.

belief doesn't change the fact of whether or not there actually is life after death, which one cannot know for sure. surely a belief is a conclusion and they prevent enquiry. how can you enquire if you've already made your mind up on something that there is absolutely no way you can be sure on?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Scott

Quote:
belief doesn't change the fact of whether or not there actually is life after death, which one cannot know for sure. surely a belief is a conclusion and they prevent enquiry. how can you enquire if you've already made your mind up on something that there is absolutely no way you can be sure on?

If you don't choose to believe, you trap yourself in endless speculation.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
If you don't choose to believe, you trap yourself in endless speculation.

i reckon there might be life after death and thats it, speculation over. no trap, no endless.

and to believe just so it ends speculation on a subject could be a trap in itself as you accept an idea so just you're reality is unruffled.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM
sumrwind

wonderful conversations.