Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Guide
Question Balanced Universe..or kidding myself

I am just wrestling with philosophical turmoil right now with my beliefs.

Part of me will always believe that the universe is balanced and karma will play out in the end.

But I do have to question how balanced things really are at times.

I know "cosmic balance" is always at work, meaning at a cosmic level everything plays by the rules and is generally unchanging. It is just when things get to a personal level where there can really be no balance, because the personal level really means nothing in the grand scheme, and personal stuff is largely ego based anyway. So thats where I am coming from.

Now my current situation is that my life is now heavily burdened by bad decisions that my parents made. They did not really plan life well at all, so now that they are too old to really handle anything, I have had to take on over a half million in debt, and a number of other things all resulting from their bad decisions (no...bankruptcy is not an option in this case). But the details are really not the main point here.
The point is more that I want to believe that things will balance out and that some good will come from working through the **** they have left me.....but part of me is very skeptical right now. I am not really young anymore myself, so waiting on the future to balance things is not as easy as it used to be when I was young.

So yeah.......balance......I have to wonder if I am kidding myself hoping for it.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Kioma

A discussion is going on about that now.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=125499

It should get interesting.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
I am just wrestling with philosophical turmoil right now with my beliefs.

Part of me will always believe that the universe is balanced and karma will play out in the end.

But I do have to question how balanced things really are at times.

I know "cosmic balance" is always at work, meaning at a cosmic level everything plays by the rules and is generally unchanging. It is just when things get to a personal level where there can really be no balance, because the personal level really means nothing in the grand scheme, and personal stuff is largely ego based anyway. So thats where I am coming from.

Now my current situation is that my life is now heavily burdened by bad decisions that my parents made. They did not really plan life well at all, so now that they are too old to really handle anything, I have had to take on over a half million in debt, and a number of other things all resulting from their bad decisions (no...bankruptcy is not an option in this case). But the details are really not the main point here.
The point is more that I want to believe that things will balance out and that some good will come from working through the **** they have left me.....but part of me is very skeptical right now. I am not really young anymore myself, so waiting on the future to balance things is not as easy as it used to be when I was young.

So yeah.......balance......I have to wonder if I am kidding myself hoping for it.

If you believe that each one of us creates their own reality, then your current situation is the consequence of your beliefs, and of your emotions, not of what you consciously want.

From karmic point of view, your current situation is the result, balancing, of the thought forms you created, both in this and other lives.

Either way, it is up to you to solve your current predicament. Don't wait for outside balancing! Changing in beliefs and emotions must precede material changes.

Surely, when you're in a bind, the theory doesn't mean much, but, on the other hand, why not give it a try, in parallel with whatever else you have to do?

Good luck!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you believe that each one of us creates their own reality, then your current situation is the consequence of your beliefs, and of your emotions, not of what you consciously want.

From karmic point of view, your current situation is the result, balancing, of the thought forms you created, both in this and other lives.

Either way, it is up to you to solve your current predicament. Don't wait for outside balancing! Changing in beliefs and emotions must precede material changes.

Surely, when you're in a bind, the theory doesn't mean much, but, on the other hand, why not give it a try, in parallel with whatever else you have to do?

Good luck!

Agree with inavalan.

As Rawnrr says, the personal stuff means nothing at the cosmic level, but the Soul incarnates as a personality and chooses experiences for its own learning.

Such experiences reflect our karma and the purpose of karma is to restore balance. So perhaps Rawnrr made similar bad decisions in some previous incarnation leaving others to sort out the mess (and perhaps those others are now the parents). What goes around comes around.

We can only speculate.

Peace.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Guide
ya'll got some good points.
In the end you never really notice the balance till you are on the other side of it anyway. So looking for it at the front end is kinda ridiculous.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Seeker

Believing in Karma (or in god) is like refusing responsibility. There is no machine that creates balance in the universe. Everything happens for a reason (basic physics). But that doesn't mean that it has purpose.
You can't choose the situation you're in, you can only choose the way out. So it's up to you to make decisions, figuring out what the best way is. Things won't even out by themself. It's you who has do do the work.
I'm sorry for your situation and I'm sorry I can't offer you anything helpful. But don't wait for things to happen, act in whatever way you see fit.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
... karma will play out in the end.
From the treatise I am currently composing:
Here’s a fable worth thinking about in this regard: “God ‘gives’ one every (kind of) thing one could possibly love and enjoy [or in your case, embrace] or imagine loving and enjoying [or in your case, embracing] and then one by one takes these away from you, until all that is left (that is, should one then choose to be and continue so) is the Love and Joy one was thereby soulfully introduced to, which is Life Itself*!”
There's also this 'story' to contemplate. Its origin is unknown but it comes from the Taoist tradition so it could easily be more than 2,000 years old. And even though that’s about as old stories get, this one is completely relevant to your life and how you can live in the future.
"It’s a story of a farmer and his horse.

One day his horse runs away. And his neighbor comes over and says, to commiserate, “I’m so sorry about your horse.” And the farmer says “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?” The neighbor is confused because this is clearly terrible. The horse is the most valuable thing he owns.

But the horse comes back the next day and he brings with him 12 feral horses. The neighbor comes back over to celebrate, “Congratulations on your great fortune!” And the farmer replies again: “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?”

And the next day the farmer’s son is taming one of the wild horses and he’s thrown and breaks his leg. The neighbor comes back over, “I’m so sorry about your son.” The farmer repeats: “Who Knows What’s Good or Bad?”

Sure enough, the next day the army comes through their village and is conscripting able-bodied young men to go and fight in war, but the son is spared because of his broken leg.

And this story can go on and on like that. Good. Bad. Who knows?"
The Q in the above regard is: Do you basically believe that Life is a 'blessing' (hence that 'you' are 'blessed') or that It is a 'curse' (hence that 'you' are 'cursed'). 'Your' belief is 'your' karma, Bro (at present, that is ... nothing is 'written in stone'!)

Old 07-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Guide
hah...totally dig that farmer and horse story...thanx
Old 08-11-2018, 01:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel
Believing in Karma (or in god) is like refusing responsibility. There is no machine that creates balance in the universe. Everything happens for a reason (basic physics). But that doesn't mean that it has purpose.
You can't choose the situation you're in, you can only choose the way out. So it's up to you to make decisions, figuring out what the best way is. Things won't even out by themselves. It's you who has do do the work.
I'm sorry for your situation and I'm sorry I can't offer you anything helpful. But don't wait for things to happen, act in whatever way you see fit.

Although I disagree with your premises and reasoning, I agree with your conclusion ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:05 AM
Knower

So if someone told you in answer to your question that, indeed, you are just fooling yourself, what would you do? Would that make you act differently? What would it change? Would you sit down and admit defeat or would you become even more determined to eek out as much happiness as you can?

Because the answer to that question is the true direction you are pointed in right now. If you are waiting for something to create Paradise for you and you are just gnashing your teeth together waiting, then you'll wait forever. But if you answered that you would do what you can to create the happiest life you can, then get on with it and don't let this moment dictate your forever.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, give yourself a hug for the fantastic job you've done so far and get a move on :-)