Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Similar carved wood busts on this page:

https://www.pinterest.com/annecwatso...nese-carvings/
Dear David, my friend.

You may have missed it, but I posted exactly the same link as you just did and explained that the carving was Balinese in origin.

One simply does not grow up in Bali without knowing these things to be so.
Old 22-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Dear David, my friend.

You may have missed it, but I posted exactly the same link as you just did and explained that the carving was Balinese in origin.

One simply does not grow up in Bali without knowing these things to be so.
I saw your post, but not the link.
Quote:
A very nice example of art from South East Asia. It is Khmer...from either Thailand or Cambodia.

I hope that helps.
Maybe the link was in a post which I did not see/register.

I did not know you grew up in Bali. That strikes me as being an 'cool' (in the best sense of the word) culture!
Old 27-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Quote:
A very nice example of art from South East Asia. It is Khmer...from either Thailand or Cambodia.

I hope that helps.

South America. Cambodia never had such hairstyle as is in the picture
Old 30-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by uloDoe Youn
South America. Cambodia never had such hairstyle as is in the picture
If you look at the picture carefully, you will notice that the actual hairstyle is almost totally obscured by the headdress, like this:

However, without any FACTS about the origin of this piece, if YOU believe it comes from South America, then you are right, it DOES come from South America! If I believe it comes from Bali or Cambodia, then I am right, it DOES come from Bali or Cambodia and if anybody else believes it is a Martian relic which made its way to Earth, then THEY are right also...but ONLY to them (because that is ALL that matters).

...and God only knows how much I hate being right all the time, because I AM.