Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Master

I have to agree with Everly, in my opinion your posts here have been ill-informed and inappropriate, not to mention lacking in manners, though maybe something got lost in translation.

This is what Neville, the Adminstrator, had to say - I pointed out the post to you
"Vegetarian and Vegan threads in this sub forum is specifically for vegetarians and vegans. Omnivores and meat eaters demonstrate a breath taking lack of manners and respect to come to this sub forum and set about vegetarians and vegans for their choices.
It is to be hoped you would not go into the Christianity forum and tell them that Christianity was wrong or bad for the Christians?
Please be mindful of our respect rule."

As to your suggestion that I do some 'unbiased research' to educate myself.
Maybe you should take your own advice.

30% of the earth's entire land surface is used for livestock production already - and this with a predominantly factory farming system. You are advocating grass-fed as the answer instead. A system which requires considerably more land.
Add to all this global population is set to increase 40% by 2050 or so, to ten billion.

The greenhouse gas figures [livestock production producing more greenhouse gas emissions than all forms of transport combined] come from the United Nations 'Livestock' report, published after extensive research by highly respected and highly qualified scientists.

Are you aware that 45% of global grain production is used for animal feed for the livestock industry?

That the great majority of Amazon rainforest destruction has been due to cattle ranching is elementary knowledge. Ditto that the vast majority of soy grown on deforested land is used for animal feed. (Indeed, 97% of soymeal globally is used for animal feed.)

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/wher...ttle_ranching/

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/foot...soy/consumers/

Livestock production is destroying the planet, not to mention the countless billions of animals butchered along the way for profit and greed.
But, not in my name.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Master

Veganism is not a religion, it's a lifestyle choice.

That being said, any faith or belief system not rooted in compassion is dead and nothing but a charade.

Old 15-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I agree with Everly, your posts here have been ill-informed and inappropriate, not to mention lacking in manners.
Some examples would be appropriate... Because I know for a fact that I have been respectful and have explained my opinions, while Everly has not done that.
I do not find respectful of you that you lie like this. I know you lie because you said I had done something, without giving examples of me doing what you claim I have done, while when reading over the previous posts it is obvious I have never done what you claim I have.

In my very fist post here essentially I asked for explanations why someone would say "veganism is best for the planet" and "best for everyone", when it is obvious both claims are wrong. I was curious as to why would anyone claim such wrong things. I have yet to receive an explanation, and these insults and disrespect that you throw at me, saying I've done something I haven't, is not an explanation. If you don't want to explain yourself, then why say anything at all?

Quote:
This is what Neville, the Adminstrator, had to say - I pointed out the post to you
"Vegetarian and Vegan threads in this sub forum is specifically for vegetarians and vegans. Omnivores and meat eaters demonstrate a breath taking lack of manners and respect to come to this sub forum and set about vegetarians and vegans for their choices.
It is to be hoped you would not go into the Christianity forum and tell them that Christianity was wrong or bad for the Christians?
Please be mindful of our respect rule."
It is obvious from this that you haven't even tried to understand anything I have written here. And you call omnivores and "meat eaters" as lacking manners and respect? Then what is this you are doing right now?

I have said veganism works for some people, because it does work for some. But it does not work for all. Yet it was claimed here that it does, thus I asked for explanations as to why would anyone say it works for all.

Quote:
As to your suggestion that I do some 'unbiased research' to educate myself.
Maybe you should take your own advice.
Why so upset? And instead of saying, why not explain why you think I am wrong, and explain why you think you are right.

If you read over the previous posts it is obvious that I explain my own opinions and I explain why I disagree with others.

You think it is respectful if one explains and others ignore everything one explains and call one disrespectful and bad mannered, while at the same time not explaining at all why they disagree with one?

Quote:
30% of the earth's entire land surface is used for livestock production already - and this with a predominantly factory farming system.
Considering the animals in livestock production are holed up in small cages, this 30% claim is false. It just doesn't make sense.

Quote:
You are advocating grass-fed as the answer (?) instead. A system which requires considerably more land.
What you would rather animals were locked up in small cages where they are on inappropriate and wrong diets and are fed and injected full of toxins and other chemicals?

Most grains, and many other plants, that are raised are fed to animals. That's about 90%. The animals are held in small cages.
How about instead convert those present 90% lands into pastures and let the suffering animals onto those lands? So animals can freely roam the land and eat their species appropriate diet and live a life appropriate to them? They would also fertilize the land with their manure, which would also mean no lands should ever "need" chemical fertilizer to grow grains and plants on, because animals fertilize them. Neither any pesti, herbi, fungicides. No toxins, no chemicals, all pure and clean nature, with human hand slightly directing it.
Do you have anything against this? Personally I think this would be absolutely wonderful! It would mean end to poisoned foods! Everything much more efficient and better in every way.

Quote:
Add to all this global population is set to increase 40% by 2050 or so, to ten billion.
The population rise won't be eternal, and in fact it will decrease... There won't come any tens of billions of humans. This will be corrected before, one way or another.

Even so, if wrong practices in agriculture and livestock were abandoned it would be no problem to feed all those people... Even with present poisoned foods, so much of it is wasted. Even now there's enough to feed those 10 billion if food wasn't wasted pointlessly.

Plus if food is unpoisoned and nutrient-dense, there isn't as much need for it. You get more from less.

Quote:
The greenhouse gas figures [livestock production producing more greenhouse gas emissions than all forms of transport combined] come from the United Nations 'Livestock' report, published after extensive research by highly respected and highly qualified scientists.
The "highly respected and highly qualified" says nothing... They can have whatever label over them, doesn't mean its true...

Quote:
Are you aware that 45% of global grain production is used for animal feed for the livestock industry?
I thought it was about 90%... Either way, same still applies, as the lands agriculture uses are immense.
I think 90% is more correct. Though not absolutely certain.

Quote:
That the great majority of Amazon rainforest destruction has been due to cattle ranching is elementary knowledge.
It is not elementary knowledge. Especially considering it is not true, because most of it goes under agriculture.

Quote:
Ditto that the vast majority of soy grown on deforested land is used for animal feed. (Indeed, 97% of soymeal globally is used for animal feed.)
Soy shouldn't be used at all. It's naturally very toxic... Only way it is edible, but even then in small amounts, is if it is properly fermented.

I don't care for links. I care for personal opinions of those who are discussing. Links are not personal opinions of those who are discussing. Use your own words; be honest to yourself and others.

Quote:
Livestock production is destroying the planet, not to mention the countless billions of animals butchered along the way for profit and greed.
But, not in my name.
Livestock production is just one thing that is destroying the planet. Just one. And not the biggest one at that. Agriculture is the biggest and worst.

Animals don't have to be butchered for profit and greed. They can be butchered when there is actual need for them. Only taking an animal when there is actual need for meat. Not when there is no need, as is doing livestock industry. And only old animals who've had a good and happy long life. Older animals are much more nutritious than younger ones, and old ones taste better also.

When I said please do unbiased research, I meant it. You do not know well enough what you are talking about. And you are forcing your lacking knowledge and false perceptions (which is me being bad mannered and disrespectful) as absolute truth. You are being very disrespectful and bad mannered.
When I say lacking knowledge and false perceptions, this is not disrespect nor an insult, but truth. That it is true is obvious when reading the posts written here.

I have two questions. Simple questions.
Is veganism the best thing for the planet? Then also explain what "planet" is.
Is veganism best for everyone? Also explain what "everyone" is.
These are the two questions I wanted an explanation for. What I have been given thus far is severely lacking in explanative power, and is insulting and disrespectful.

I don't know what your problem is, but I didn't come here to pointlessly argue and insult and show disrespect. Nor will I ever. This is the reason why I am explaining myself and my opinions and why I disagree with many things that have been said to me here, because I am here to learn and grow. And learning and growing requires explanations. Disrespect and insulting gets in the way, they are not needed, so please stop those. If one more disrespectful post or one more insulting post comes toward me, from you or anyone regarding this topic, I'm out of this nonsense you have created here. I expect honesty and respect and maturity and open-mindedness, so please stick to these... Or bye, regarding this topic here! Your choice.
Old 15-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Veganism is not a religion, it's a lifestyle choice.

That being said, any faith or belief system not rooted in compassion is dead and nothing but a charade.
As are all other religions also a lifestyle choice.
Old 15-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummi
I'm curious as to why would anyone say vegan diet is best on the planet and best for everyone if that is simply not true.
I started this thread to draw attention to article published by "The Hill" at http://thehill.com/regulation/237767...c_location=ufi If you have a problem with the title of their article, take up the issue with them.
Quote:
It does work on some people, but it does not work on everyone... Nor does it work on most people...
I don't think most people have tried it.
Quote:
I would suggest you speak only for yourself and only for those that you personally actually do know... For example, you do not know me... Nor the other 6+ billion people...
Plus, I have not given you permission to speak on behalf of me. Saying best on the planet and best for everyone means you are also speaking on behalf of me, without my permission. This is highly disrespectful...
You make me laugh. What gives you the impression that I was speaking for you or for anyone else other than yours truly?
Quote:
Not eating animals would destroy my health and body, would make it impossible for me to do anything physically demanding, would make it impossible for me to think rationally and deeply, and would make it impossible for me to have a life in general. This is simple proof that vegan diet is not best for everyone.
I feel sorry for you. Of course, judging from your post, I am not impressed by your "rational" thinking as it is.
Quote:
To prove false a claim all you need is one example that exists and goes counter to it.
I am not claiming anything. I have merely expressed my thoughts and opinioins.
Old 16-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I started this thread to draw attention to article published by "The Hill" at http://thehill.com/regulation/237767...c_location=ufi If you have a problem with the title of their article, take up the issue with them.
I don't think most people have tried it.
You make me laugh. What gives you the impression that I was speaking for you or for anyone else other than yours truly?
I feel sorry for you. Of course, judging from your post, I am not impressed by your "rational" thinking as it is.
I am not claiming anything. I have merely expressed my thoughts and opinioins.
The claims were made here in this topic that veganism is "best for the planet" and "best for everyone". I asked for explanation I was never given, but disrespect and insults I was given plenty of!
I have no problem, but you and many others here do have severe problems for the fact that you are apparently incapable of explaining yourselves! I asked for explanations, you instead disrespected me, insulted me, and attacked me!

I don't laugh at you, because the sight is very sad. Nothing to laugh at.

I am very highly disappointed. Isn't this entire forum supposed to be for individuals who are open-minded and respectful of others? Apparently not all get this...

What I said, "I don't know what your problem is, but I didn't come here to pointlessly argue and insult and show disrespect. Nor will I ever. This is the reason why I am explaining myself and my opinions and why I disagree with many things that have been said to me here, because I am here to learn and grow. And learning and growing requires explanations. Disrespect and insulting gets in the way, they are not needed, so please stop those. If one more disrespectful post or one more insulting post comes toward me, from you or anyone regarding this topic, I'm out of this nonsense you have created here. I expect honesty and respect and maturity and open-mindedness, so please stick to these... Or bye, regarding this topic here! Your choice." I meant it!

The above quote from myself. One correction regarding that. The "whatever your issues are", I know what your issues are and I know why you have them.

But, thank you for showing who you and at least some others here are. You and some others here are highly disrespecful, dishonest, bad mannered, insulting, lying, and angry individuals!
The issues you so obviously have, good luck solving them!
No point responding to me as I won't even look into this thread ever again.
Old 16-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Master

Quote:
The claims were made here in this topic that veganism is "best for the planet" and "best for veryone".
I did not make any claims in my post.
Old 16-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Everly

Quote:
No point responding to me as I won't even look into this thread ever again.

Hallelujah!
Old 16-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Master

Who said what is there for all to see ...

Old 20-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Master

There are plenty of research papers and links in the net showing that a vegetarian diet is an effective means to mitigate the effects of global warming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_carbon_diet

Last month May has been described as the hottest May in 136 years of global records ;and the first five months of 2015 have been recorded as the hottest so far, on track to beat last year's record.

Until we can create new energy resources which does not pollute the atmosphere, such measures such as increasing vegetarian content in diet can help to reduce the pace of global warming, which otherwise can have serious consequences in many sectors including that of food production.

http://www.climatehotmap.org/global-...ects/food.html

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon