Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 30-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Newbie ;)
That's very interesting Kapitan, I kind of understand the concept one minute and then I totally lose it the next.
David
Old 30-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Kapitan_Prien

*laughs* it's ok...I felt the same way.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Resonance

Thanks for posting this, Kapitan Prien. I find this topic fascinating although anything to do with time that isn't linear I stay away from normally as I can't get my human mind wrapped around an idea such as all time existing at once.

The thing that strikes me every time I see references to anything that has to do with Schroedinger's Cat or a past isn't set, though, is what has been found in quantum mechanics, and which you mention in your post. It's us, the observers, that make the sub-atomic particles take a specific form. The question then becomes: what is an observer? If only humans have that ability, then, definitely, anything that hasn't been observed hasn't happened (such as the tree in the forest). But I, for one, find that human focus curious. It would be more logical to me (if we can even use "logic" for this) that any kind of consciousness CAN have that effect. Then it becomes a question of defining consciousness. If an animal can have that effect, the cat can definitely not be both alive and dead at one point in time if we acknowledge that it has its own consciousness. And what about life in general? Maybe that is the force that gives the ability to collapse quantum particles into a fixed state? Or maybe there is a greater consciousness that CAN do it?

Any thoughts on this?

With much love
R
Old 06-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Sure thing. :-)

Although I really can't say too much more because it gets to the point where it's way over my head *laughs*
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 PM
kadmilos

if correct.. then /mindmelt
Old 06-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Kapitan_Prien

*laughs* that's about the only way to put it Kadmilos.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Master
What past ?, everything is happening in the eternal NOW.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Master
Kapitan,

I had kind of come up with the same conclusion for different reasons. I was beginning to see a circular (or spherical) energy string of the lives we have lived. At some point, the circle joins, making the future before the past (!).

Or, put another way, if, as spirit often tell us, in their dimension there is only NOW, then what happens in my future can affect what has happened in my past. In essence, ALL of my lives (and those intersecting them) affect all the others.

And in a global sense, we all affect each other. (although I can't say I've really experienced this. I can only get my head around a soul group and our experiences--but the global implications are there).

Huh? Hope someone understands. :)

Isle
Old 07-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Saladkiller

Time is a phenomena whereby multiple observers observing each other's experience of a single instant creates the impression of the passage of "time"

It is my understanding that everything observes. Even inorganic material, (animism)

As everything observers everything else, they all "learn" more about each other, although the reality is more like everything picking up background radiation for extended observations, allowing the simultaneous linking of experiences into what we consider "thought" or rather patterns of dissemination, ranging from the most basic mode of processing to the most advanced. Of course, "thought" as we know it isn't actually a mode of processing, but rather projecting of things already processed into conducting form. (Part of the human condition is the hijacking of the creative functions of thought and relegating them to the task of "processing", which its not really capable of anyways, it just seems like thoughts are processing because we have made an extensive matrix of associations with it that gives that impression. Doing this quantumly (and no thats not a word) reinforces the reality we experience and, interestingly enough, wastes much of our energy on a process that isnt carried out by that part of our brain anyways. Achieving silence essentially means to free up awareness, but more, it also means bringing the "thought" up to higher points of consciousness processing, like universal radiation))

Essentially, as "time" "passes" the consciousness of all the observers continually expands, this expansion allows each observer to incorporate more elements of what is observed, essentially allowing for the expansion of perceptual/experiential and of course conceptual bubbles.

What islewalker says about global implications is largely correct. It is of course more complicated than that, as there is consciousness "gravity" involved, as well as many other factors.

Last edited by Saladkiller : 07-11-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Summerland

I do "get this" on a intuitive level, but when I try to explain it, all that comes out gobbledegook. Greg Bradden explains it very well in his book "The Divine Matrix". It is by far one of the best books that I have read. By just being the observer and having certain expectations, one influences the outcome. This has been done in scientific testing. Just by looking at something we become the participant and part of what we are seeing. That is why I am never surprised that scientists are always bombarded with new questions as soon as they "think" that they have found the answer. By finding the answer all they do is find another possibility. But as I have said "The Divine Matrix" explains it so clearly and articulately.