Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 28-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Pathfinder
Location memories vs spirits

Not all of what people take to be ghosts really are. Many are memories of the location itself. If an event contains a strong emotion (Murder, suicide, sudden deaths etc) it can burn a lasting memory into the location where it happened just as pictures leave impressions on a film or CD. Repetitions of the same act over a long period can also leave an impression.
Manifestations of an actual spirit will usually vary in nature whereas memories will repeat in exactly the same way every time. A spirit will show indications it is aware of you whereas a memory will not.
A good example is what happened to a friend of mine. He, along with his wife and two young children moved into a small house that was quite old. Beginning with the first night the door would open and footsteps walk from the door to the center of the room and stop. If the door was locked it wouldn't actually open but there would be the sound of it opening. It happened only once per night and always at the same time.
It was odd but they never felt it was dangerous.
After asking around they found out that an old lady had lived there who kept chickens and eked out a living selling the eggs. Every night she would go into the house and sit at a table that was right where the footsteps always stopped in order to count her egg money for the day. That repetition happening for years somehow left an impression on the house that repeated itself every night.
Eventually they got so used to it that the kids started calling it granny and would not go to bed till they said good night to it. It would be nice to think that the lonely old ladies spirit took comfort from the children but the manifestation wasn't her; just the memory left behind.

Last edited by hoodat : 28-02-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 28-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Master

Left over energy and human created thought forms .
Old 28-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a medium I have many around me, but too I have those that once lived in my home visit from time to time.

I have two ladies here one from the little house that once was on this lot. The house was taken down and two with almost the same footprint were put up on the lot. She moved into one as it as built for her. She passed then another family moved in. She passed and the house was sold to me. It was a rental for a time so energy shifted some and the house fell out of love.

I moved in and started to clean up the yard and house. They are happy with the changes again here.

I like having them here as the house is theirs as much as mine.

Lynn