Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 29-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Knower

Natural remedies for moisturizing hair

Please advice natural remedies for moisturizing hair (especially hair ends) which you experienced and which helped well.

Thank you.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well Caroline, I have experimented with everything. No over-the-counter hair product, conditioner, Argan oil etc has really worked for more than 5 minutes. I bought some Argan oil spray and cannot bear the smell of it. It smells perfectly fine....but I can't stand heavy and strong perfumes. To me it smells like a room full of Eastern Incense. A bit overpowering. It also dulls and yellows blonde hair I found.

So I experimented with cooking oil! I have organic Rapeseed oil (which I know many dislike but I like the taste of it and it is light) I mix it well -really whip it up - with a few drops of lavender oil, and some ordinary hair conditioner, then leave that on my hair for 30 minutes minimum. (Yes I know -not totally natural re: the hair conditioner...but it worked better than anything else so far! And doesn't leave behind a horrible greasy smell like other cooking oils.)
For those who are horrified by using a cooking oil!....try coconut oil, or if you have it, Almond oil. I just used what was in my fridge.

I also bought an infusion of Frankincense in Almond oil, and rub that into my hair in very small amounts (when I can be bothered!)

Another thing that I found worked surprisingly well was Vaseline lip balm "Lip therapy with Rose and Almond oil" It smells lovely. I just rub a bit on my hands and massage into the ends of my hair. It worked very nicely. Good thing is, if you use that it becomes dual purpose. It doesn't leave my hair greasy but adds some shine and moisture. Don't completely plaster it on or it will be greasy.
Again, that remedy isn't totally 'natural' either. It's petroleum jelly!

Best I have come up with so far!

Last edited by Tobi : 05-11-2016 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Master
Ditta the almond oil!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 08-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Seeker

Coconut Oil works well. Put it in your hair and leave for about 20 or 30 min then rinse out in shower with warm water.
Old 27-11-2016, 03:47 AM
Experiencer
Stop using soap for washing hair and most likely you will have no need to that. I use very warm water and then rinse it with a strong herbal tea, made with filtered water.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Book1

Have anyone tried hypnosis to get healthy hair ? I have tried hypnosis for hair which makes my hair luscious and healthy. You can also try for yourself.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Master
I believe celibacy works, for males anyhow. I have used many different food oils with similar effect,I put a drop in my palm and rub the palms together to create heat then massage into hair- google herbs good for hair you can infuse in the oils too
Old 14-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Guide
Try castor oil. I massage this into the ends of my hair about an hour before washing it. It does seem to help.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Master
I use beard oil sometimes, that has herbs in it.