Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Master
The Unseen World

Here is a very cool article where Buddhist are discussing connecting and merging with Divine beings.

https://www.lionsroar.com/forum-unseen-realized-beings/

Lama Tsultrim Allione: There are two terms that we haven’t brought up yet that I think would be helpful: samayasattva and jnanasattva. Jnanasattva means “wisdom beings” and samayasattva means “pledge beings.” The samayasattva is the visualization the practitioner creates, and it relates to our fundamental buddhanature. Let’s say I’m doing a Tara practice. I sound her seed syllable, “TAM,” the sound frequency of Tara, and from that I create the visualization of her and visualize that I become Tara. That is samayasattva. But my visualization of myself as Tara is just samayasattva and is not yet imbued with the energy frequency of her wisdom energy; it’s just my idea or concept of Tara that comes from the description in the texts and the blessings of having received transmission for the practice.

As a normal human being, we operate at a certain energy frequency, and what we’re trying to do is attune ourselves to a more refined, luminous, compassionate, open, vast energy frequency, and the vehicle for that is the samayasattva. Plus in Vajrayana, you always have lineage, and you’ve had the empowerment into the particular deity practice you are doing. That creates the ability to link with the jnanasattva energy field.

So I would then send light out as the samayasattva and invite the blessings and wisdom from the jnanasattva—in this case the wisdom level of Tara—to come into me as the samayasattva I’ve created. Only at that point is one actually “alive as the deity,” so to speak; one becomes the deity. As the samayasattva Tara, you send the light out and invite the wisdom being energy of Tara in. Then jnanasattva and samayasattva join together, and you are now transformed through the visualization into the deity, in this case Tara. You could say you actually go through an entire lifetime as the deity, from birth to death, during each sadhana practice, because at the beginning you are born as the deity, and then at the end you dissolve the whole visualization and rest in emptiness.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Master
I merged with other spirit beings going through my awakening. It wasn’t forced but a spontaneous opening that happened naturally. I didn’t ask for it..I was very aware in the changes of the energy moving through me as being different to activate me for different reasons.

The purpose (aware 15 yrs on) was to open me deeper and open my mind. Even as these mergings were a gift in disguise, the shifts in me still required me to do the work in being open, allowing and continuing to release anything perceived as separation, anything perceived as an illusion beyond the true self,anything suppressed in feeling, anything keeping me from deeper grounded peace.

So yes, one can make this a practice, understand themselves through individual deities, but ultimately it’s you that is becoming, all that you seek in another outside of yourself. It is the path of wholeness that your becoming aware of through all this. When you become aware of your wholeness, feel connected to yourself, spirit becomes complete. So, there is no need to seperate out what is already complete. The more you perceive your ‘missing’ something that is already whole, the more you ‘could potentially’ stay trapped in the illusion of seperation.

But then again. If you feel separated in yourself, then it can serve as transformation, as it served me, so I see it’s benefits short term..
Old 11-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Master
Thanks JustBe.

I would like to say that what I consider a merge is not what is being described in the article. It is more of a crown level connection than a true merge but very, very cool that people are connecting.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Master

This practice of merging with a deity, usually a Goddess, is a central tenet of Tantra, both in Hinduism and Buddhism.

I've had this experience with Tara as well as her antecedent, Inanna.

Rather than me becoming her, it is more like that we become One. Our individual selves are no longer separate, but are linked in a continuum, also being part of a greater whole. The closest equivalent I have seen in fiction is the Vulcan mindmeld. It is literally a "My mind to your mind, your mind to my mind" type of melding.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:16 PM
ImthatIm

jonesboy

Very excellent article.

A subject I rarely have heard in Buddhism.

My Native American lineage goes more along these type of lines.

Thank you for this.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
This practice of merging with a deity, usually a Goddess, is a central tenet of Tantra, both in Hinduism and Buddhism.

I've had this experience with Tara as well as her antecedent, Inanna.

Rather than me becoming her, it is more like that we become One. Our individual selves are no longer separate, but are linked in a continuum, also being part of a greater whole. The closest equivalent I have seen in fiction is the Vulcan mindmeld. It is literally a "My mind to your mind, your mind to my mind" type of melding.

In Buddhism and I have discussed this a lot. Most traditions would not say they are actually merging with another being. More just their own Buddha Nature.

I am only familiar with Kashmir Shaivism merging with deities. If you could send me a link of other traditions I would appreciate it.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
In Buddhism and I have discussed this a lot. Most traditions would not say they are actually merging with another being. More just their own Buddha Nature.

I am only familiar with Kashmir Shaivism merging with deities. If you could send me a link of other traditions I would appreciate it.

Hi Jonesboy,

Sorry to say, I have no links for you, I picked up the info in various bits and pieces from books on Tantra and Kundalini, plus personal experience.

However, if you'd like to experience it yourself, I could perhaps arrange it.

Not sure if you're comfortable with this sort of thing, but from my perspective, it is definitely worth it, the most unique and glorious experience you're ever likely to have. Question is, would you trust someone like Tara and allow her to merge with you on a soul level, exchanging energy and thought with no barriers? It is a very intimate experience.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hi Jonesboy,

Sorry to say, I have no links for you, I picked up the info in various bits and pieces from books on Tantra and Kundalini, plus personal experience.

However, if you'd like to experience it yourself, I could perhaps arrange it.

Not sure if you're comfortable with this sort of thing, but from my perspective, it is definitely worth it, the most unique and glorious experience you're ever likely to have. Question is, would you trust someone like Tara and allow her to merge with you on a soul level, exchanging energy and thought with no barriers? It is a very intimate experience.

I have worked with Tara, Shakti, Hathor and Xi Wangmu on the female side.. just to name a few but those are the big ones.

I have a chat where a lot of people I know would be interested in your demonstration.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I have worked with Tara, Shakti, Hathor and Xi Wangmu on the female side.. just to name a few but those are the big ones.

I have a chat where a lot of people I know would be interested in your demonstration.

Sounds cool.

The path of Tantra is an inner, hidden path, it is about working on yourself and establishing a personal relationship with the Goddess. It does not really work in a group setting and I'm not sure what would constitute a demonstration.

I can pass on the Gift of the Goddess to those that seek it, but it is the Goddess herself, who decides who she is going to grace with her divine presence.

She is the inner Goddess present in all and she shines with the radiance of a thousand suns.

If you wish to receive her gift of nectar, the offer stands, you just need to ask.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Master
For starters ....

This whole idea to me is very edgy, even to the point of paranoia.
Especially over the internet.

But I am glad the subject matter has been brought up jonesboy, to be explored.

I do not want to discourage anyone, but I do not want to encourage either .....
Imo. here specific conditions need to be met ....

Last edited by sentient : 12-12-2019 at 02:22 AM.