Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I think my real problem is that I am at complete loggerheads with the Universal "I".
I spent my life making peace with God only to find that I have a terrible relationship with "I". There is more work for me to do.
An idea:
This works for me.

Rather than open to different people's concepts or pondering 'their' words or descriptions
of the "I or I AM" or the Absolute or just God...

What if you didn't use your mind to do any figuring out of anything.
Instead, just sit each day for awhile in stillness and quiet.
Open your awareness slowly...like first listen to the sounds of the room...then the house
then outside, the birds, then the street.
This practice places the active mind onto just observing.
Peacefulness will be a result.

Later, become aware of other things - eventually - expand your awareness to the more subtle -
a Presence, a consciousness all around you....and so on.
More fulfilling than using the intellect to figure things out causing problems and complete loggerheads.
Cuz, it's in silence that insights come.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
No never have I wondered if God was unwell.

Me neither, but maybe the writers of the Scriptures who perceive God as a violent,murdering dictator, were.
Old 30-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It's interesting that you should propose such a possibility.

In Dr. Michael Newton's book, "Journey of Souls", those who recall the in-between period between lives during hypnotic regression have stated something similar. Reportedly, there were creators-in-training and Newton suggests that particular worlds may be the creation of not-so-perfect creators-in-training very much along the dream-line concept that you have suggested.

I am definitely not ruling out that possibility.

However, as I have said before, I also question whether everything written in traditional scriptures is really pure inspiration.
It would be interesting to see if Dr. Newton had been influenced by Mormon beliefs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Pathfinder

Are you overly humanizing something that cannot be described in that kind of detail ?
Old 30-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Pathfinder

I automatically think reality lies outside myself because that’s my lifelong conditioning. But what I ‘know’ is that reality lies deep inside me beyond the reach of my everyday awareness.
Old 30-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I often wonder if things are as they should be or if an error slipped into the system and forced the issue.
Hello Honza -

It strikes me that one's 'judgment' (assessment) in the above regard depends on what one imagines the purpose/plan, or 'design', of our world was intended to be and how/why. I still vividly remember, as a teenager thinking that if there was a Creator-God as postulated in the Bible (for example), 'He' must have been a sadistic ****, because there was (clearly!) so much intense suffering and mad insanity in 'the world'. It made more sense to me to be an 'atheist' who believed that, if there was ever going to be a 'better' world, it was us/people who would have to make it so. Here is what I have come to see/believe over the course of my life (lived with such 'aim' in heart and mind), however. Ut is an excerpt from my treatise which is freely downloadable if it piques your interest:
The second point I want to be sure I get across (because it is counterintuitive to those who are still philosophically wrapped up in a body-ego based, and hence physiosocially focused, calculus) is that the pains and losses (etc.) that are suffered and shared in the course of incarnational Life, even as horrific as these will undoubtedly be experienced as being in the course of the apocalypse that is presently unfolding, are not something to be either feared or lamented (not really, that is). It is the very unavoidability of such experience that motivates souls to break out of and jettison the ego‑shells which they would otherwise ‘naturally’ not be inclined to do, because it then becomes unmistakably clear that personal pleasure-maximizing and pain-minimizing schemes and strategies amount to no more than vain attempts to climb and/or carry others up to a higher deck on a sinking physiosocial ‘ship’.

Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead people to hope and emotionally anticipate that they will, even if not right away, at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and experiencing the kinds of ‘troubles’ that are, in the final analysis, inescapable aspects of being ensconced ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient personal body that is subject to frustration, pain, loss, ego‑defeat, death, etc. is necessary for the kind of self‑transcendental ‘i’dentity expansion and psychospiritual growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called’ for and stimulated to ‘come’ forth. A soul’s capacity for psychospiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy (stemming from cognition and appreciation of the ubiquitousness and transcendency of the Presence and Power of Life Itself), for instance, would never[!] develop otherwise; albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of psychospiritual awareness and adeptitude based capabilities which must be conscientiously directed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally e‧merge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness (note: I use the word must here only to state what is functionally necessary for such outcome, not to assert any kind of moralistic ‘should’ in this completely free-choice regard.)
Am not saying its an easy-peasy sweet 'lunch', though it is indeed 'free'. Life in this world is a Tough-Love ride to put it mildly!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Master

Quote:
It's interesting that you should propose such a possibility.

In Dr. Michael Newton's book, "Journey of Souls", those who recall the in-between period between lives during hypnotic regression have stated something similar. Reportedly, there were creators-in-training and Newton suggests that particular worlds may be the creation of not-so-perfect creators-in-training very much along the dream-line concept that you have suggested.

I am definitely not ruling out that possibility.

However, as I have said before, I also question whether everything written in traditional scriptures is really pure inspiration.

Not living in an English-speaking country and having read a few times about 'Journey of Souls', I ordered it about five weeks ago through a local bookshop, it took three weeks to arrive and I very keenly settled down to read it - expecting something other than a fantasy.

The first thing I saw was, on the cover, 'Over 600,00 sold', I should have been warned.

There are apparently those who find it uplifting, enlightening, instructive, informative - and so on. I've had this sort of stuff in my hands a thousand times over the last seven decades or so, I have yet to benefit.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Love Dr. Newton -have his books, have listened to youtubes, so good.

I have no question myself about scripture not all being inspired.
So many made up stories from such a limited perspectives...as I have said often
these people didn't even know where the sun went when it disappeared.
But, they knew
God was mad and punishing them and that slitting the throat of a sweet lamb would appease Him?
Uh-huh, right.

Where are the Volcanoes so we can toss the virgins in? Same thing. Coo-coo!

Where does the sun go when it disappears? LOL

I agree completely !

Old 01-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Me neither, but maybe the writers of the Scriptures who perceive God as a violent,murdering dictator, were.
... and yet no one corrects them to this day. Though God isn't unwell I still disagree with it. Out of all the infinite possibilities possible of other possible choices we got this potential when it could have been another. It seems what is written is set in stone to, even if it is on paper.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Where does the sun go when it disappears? LOL
I agree completely !
I know, right? They thought a comet was a chariot in the sky..but now let's believe every word and
brow beat other people that don't believe it...as if it's written in stone -right.
Gosh I'm glad I woke up!
Doesn't mean I love God less - it means I love and understand His True Nature more!!!
Cuz, 'Bible believers' will then say, I'm going against 'the Word' and say I'm going to hell,
Oh my goodness. But, then again, oh well....

So to keep on topic - no, God is not unwell
...but someone is.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru