Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 01-07-2019, 06:11 AM
Pathfinder
Do you have a personal connection with Krishna ?

I am interested to hear some personal experience, how it feels like...
Share, if you want.
:)
Old 01-07-2019, 01:19 PM
What a great question!
I only astral traveled in a dream to His planet...blue people...so for some reason
my connection was with Ganesh, Ganesha.

Next day at lunch a friend gave me a bust of Ganesh in a turquoise shade.
Wild.
I was thrilled to read about Yogananda's encounter.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What a great question!
I only astral traveled in a dream to His planet...blue people...so for some reason
my connection was with Ganesh, Ganesha.

Next day at lunch a friend gave me a bust of Ganesh in a turquoise shade.
Wild.
I was thrilled to read about Yogananda's encounter.

Hi :)
I meant, if somebody had long-term relation...but anyway...

Was your journey accidental or did you journey deliberatly ?
I've always been curious about Goloka... :)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technisophian
Hi :)
I meant, if somebody had long-term relation...but anyway...
Was your journey accidental or did you journey deliberately ?
I've always been curious about Goloka... :)
Accidental.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Knower
He is my ishta-devata, the form of God I worship first and foremost. My daily puja is for Him. I don't know Him as well as I would like to or should. I think this is because I have not fully surrendered to Him. I say I trust in Him but I have human weaknesses and doubts.

"In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly. Everyone follows my path, knowingly or unknowingly, O son of Pritha." Bhagavad Gita 4.33

"Always think of Me, be devoted to Me, worship Me, and offer obeisance to Me. Having dedicated your mind and body to Me, you will certainly come to Me." 9.34

And reiterated in 18.65:

"Always think of me, be devoted to me, worship me, and offer obeisance to me. Doing so, you will certainly come to me. This is my pledge to you, for you are very dear to me." 18.65

This may sound self-centered and egotistical on His part, but what He is saying is that when the bhakta (devotee, follower) gives their full self and surrenders completely to Him as their teacher, protector, guide, God, He will give His full attention. He will not force anyone, but with any of the Gods, you get as good as you give. I am trying, but I haven't reached that point yet.

There are a couple of stories from the scriptures that illustrate that even when one is drowning He'll come, but you have to say you need Him. His friend and student Arjuna speaking to Him: "I am confused about my duty, and am besieged with anxiety and faintheartedness. I am your disciple, and am surrendered to you. Please instruct me for certain what is best for me." 2.7 I use this as a prayer.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Master
I`ve been close to Krishna for 25 years now. He emerged into my life unwanted and slowly took over. I learned to meditate through his teachings and consequently learned about mantra and prayer. without realising it I was falling into his world. He was always kind and with his backing I grew steadily, slowly.
I had never heard of avatars before he came into my life, in truth I didn`t believe in God either , but slowly, steadily he changed that. Now I understand surrender more and count my blessings daily. Not many on here appreciate the benefits of following an avatar. I used to try and tell people, but I think its either in your karma or you aren`t ready yet, so I tend to not even mention it these days.
Old 24-07-2019, 04:43 AM
Pathfinder
@Jaynarayan,
I've always liked Krishna , i used to try to walk on this path ,but i had difficult time surrending and serving. I know it is a process and doesn't happen for a day, but i simply left this path... But i like reading Gita.

@peteyzen,
I never heard Krishna to come to someone; based on my impressions, i've always seen him a little passive, like a man is suppised to look for Krishna, not the opposite.
It is interesting what you say. :)

//

Two weeks ago, I was chanting maha mantra and in a few minutes , in my thoughts appeared a picture of a big, blue number four (4). I saw a blue number "four".

I looked some sites, it said that symbolically , number 4 is what suggests, that a sacred altar should be made and also it said that this number suggests security and stability, like a protective number.

I don't know what to think, but there is a reason for this to appear. One reason is that it is just simple random anomaly of my mind, the other possibilitie is that it has relation to Krishna and me chanting maha mantra....
Old 24-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Master
@ Sophian, I believe that our real goal whilst here on Earth, is to develop our consciousness enough to not to have to come back. I also understand that us humans and our egos are fickle. So the Divine, or the Universe or however people like to phrase it, comes to us with different masks on until we find one that our egos will tolerate.
There is an old saying from Krishna, that goes `If you take one step toward me I will take a hundred towards you`. I think when you did the maha mantra that day, that was your step, and he decided to step forward a few paces towards you!
The main thing in this life is to find a path that you can grow along, if its Krishna, great, if not, it doesn`t matter which path you chose, its all God anyway, just with different masks on.
Old 28-07-2019, 02:26 PM
Angel1

Duplicate post you can't eliminate, so here:

Referring to Krishna: ''He breathes in again and all the universes dissolve and reenter His body.
For Him it is one exhalation and inhalation, and within the universes hundreds of trillions of years
pass, by the calculation of solar time.''

Ha, I love now on the news thanks to the Hubble Telescope they now say there are 100 billion galaxies...
Thank you, Krishna.

Old 28-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Angel1

I have pictures all over of Krishna....doesn't mean I have a personnel connection, tho.

I read the Gita at work on breaks and at home.
So my connection would be more to His words.

I sing often while raking, gardening, walking, driving...Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
My favorite is to this one, there are many ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOewH5sMwXk