Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I have outbursts of sneezing, my eyes itch, and so on.

This has been going on for a while, and it's not severe. I wondered however if there was a natural antihistamine as it gets debilitating. Normal antihistamines are a no-no for me, they send me to sleep.

I haven't changed any soap powders, it travelled with me on the move but I wondered if there is something sensible I can do to prevent it?

I cannot remember if I have mentioned it before--so I just want to say that I am a certified natural health consultant--who suffers from major ragweed allergies at this time of year and the following recipe works wonders for me;

1 tsp. Chamomile (anti-histamine)
1 tsp. Elder Flower (anti-mucus)
1 tsp. Peppermint (anti-microbial--specific to healing the lungs)
1 tsp. Rose Hips (super vitamin C)

(Note: never boil your herbs in a metal pot--because it will rob them of their effectiveness--a glass kettle--or ceramic tea pot is best--allow herbs to steep for at least 10 minutes.)

**These herbs are non-cumulative and should not interact with any medications. However--if you are under the care of a physician--you should (always) seek your Doctor's advice--prior to altering your regiment in any way.**

One cup (3) times per day--until the allergies pass--should do the trick!

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...
Old 06-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Experiencer

Honey helps me with this. I have sneezing fits, just one after the other after the other! The honey has the pollen as well as other good stuff to help with the reaction. I just put a dab of honey in warm water, and drink like a tea.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Master
Belle-

L-histidine is what the body uses to produce Anti-histadine, when your body is fighting an allergy. If you have had many allergic reactions over your lifetime (or a history of addictive behaviors where often too much of anything can cause those reactions), then this amino acid can replenish the body's ability to respond as it should, not just shut down the response.

It is an inhibitory amino acid. My son is ADHD and finds that if he takes it when he is feeling antsy, he calms down.

Amino acids are the building blocks of all proteins in the body--bones, tissues, cells, etc. You can find these in GNC (General Nutrition Centers) or other online stores. Notice the different spellings. The l- means it is left-handed. (The right-handed is not handled well by the body.)

They are somewhere between $20-$40 but worth the investment in restoring your health.

Lora
Old 06-10-2016, 02:11 AM
Newbie ;)

I have had good results using apple cider vinegar.
Also when my eyes are burning to the extent that they are watering and itching, I have been using a tablespoon of baking soda in about 8 ounces of water. I use the well known brand that does not have aluminum in it. For me this takes the stinging from my eyes immediately. i can feel relief before i get half the glass consumed. i use it between meals for best results.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Master
Onions, in all forms

After I had an allergy test, I eliminated the foods that cross reacted with the pollens I am sensitive to and used onions in everything, mainly because they are a natural antihistimine, also because they offer a flavour that can be lacking when you eliminate.

You might want to check out this website if you know what pollens cause your symptoms:

http://www.foodallergens.info/Facts/...ich_Foods.html

It's very surprising what can affect you

It's quite a journey, I started last February, I ate very little in the way of variety for about 6 months, mainly rice based, then started introducing, the main culprits now are corn, tomatoes and strawberries.
Before I started I was taking homeopathic hayfever tablets every day of the year up to 3 times a day and using an asthma inhaler, just before I eliminated food I started using a salt pipe instead of the inhaler for the symptoms
Since last February I have used homeopathic hayfever tablets twice, that was this summer gone in the high grass season although I haven't used an inhaler or salt pipe since

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 27-11-2016, 03:56 AM
Experiencer
Umckaloabo -root of Pelargonium sidoides-African geranium works well for allergy related sinus problems as well (one dropper a day). I didn't try, but came up onto this information as I was searching for more effective herbs for cough.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I have outbursts of sneezing, my eyes itch, and so on.

This has been going on for a while, and it's not severe. I wondered however if there was a natural antihistamine as it gets debilitating. Normal antihistamines are a no-no for me, they send me to sleep.

I haven't changed any soap powders, it travelled with me on the move but I wondered if there is something sensible I can do to prevent it?

I use to get severe Histamine reactions ~

Changed my diet to Organic Certified NON-GMO ...... and all went away ~

Prior to that i found the herbs , Milk Thistle Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract and St. Johns Wort Extract .....would clear my worst reactions ....mostly brought on by Bee Stings ~
Old 11-12-2016, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
Try nettles, "Stinging Nettles" (Urtica Dioica), as they are a natural antihistamine.

They can be drunk as a herbal tea or eaten as food but include them in your diet. They are safe herbs with no side effects when used normally.
They also contain many vitamins and if they grow where you live they are free food! (Nettle soup with herbs, onions and potatoes is very tasty!)
Use plenty (at least two or three cupfuls) for the recipe, as they shrink down like spinach when they are cooked.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Pathfinder
I have found that Standardized Reishi Mushroom works very well,
it inhibits the release of Histamine and also boosts the immune system, it does however tend to harden stools with long time use.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Master
Lots of pungent aromatic root crops:
Horseradish, Ginger, Garlic and Turmeric.

These contain many natural anti-histamines.