Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Guide

Family

How can you turn away from family if you love them and genuinely care for their well being, because they all require too much of your attention and for lack of better words are sucking the life out of you? I know about boundaries but when they are disabled physically and mentally and you're in charge of their finances, how do you protect yourself from becoming completely drained? I can't seem to focus on myself like I want to and feel it's really hindering my growth. Feeling so stuck.
Old 29-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Ascender

Hi Lucky. I'm married with 4 children although 2 of them are adults and one has moved out of home. It's one thing to help someone, it's another to carry and support them.
Having a family does cost money but everyone in the family has to do something to contribute. Even my seven year old daughter has to feed the chooks and collect the eggs. At the moment a few more tasks than usual are falling on me and my 2nd oldest son. But my youngest son Liam has a broken arm.
What I'm trying to say is that every person in the family has a part to play, some of course play a bigger part than others in certain areas, like of course I play a bigger part financially but as the man of the house I'm supposed to, my wife plays a bigger part as a homemaker. But no one can play all the parts.
Good luck and best wishes. Shaun.
Old 30-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Master

You are in a difficult situation. You feel as if the time and energy involved with caring for the needs of your family is hindering your growth and draining you. Perhaps your family situation is actually part of your growth at this time.

Your situation is your immediate challenge, and the question is, how do you respond? Do you respond with a spirit of compassion and service, or do you respond with a sense of grudging resentment?

It may help to try considering the bigger picture. What does this situation have to teach you? What karmic obligations are you fulfilling? Do you trust that your soul has a purpose, and your current situation is a part of that purpose?

Can you see a time in the future when you will be free of these obligations? If so, that will be the time to focus on yourself. Until then, if you can fulfil what your life is demanding of you with love and compassion then you will have learned whatever it is you need to learn.

If your family situation is draining you, then it may be because you are resisting it. And that resistance is draining you, because you spend so much energy wanting things to be other than they are.

If you can let go of all resistance and just accept how things are and welcome it all, then things may change in ways you cannot currently imagine.

Peace
Old 30-04-2017, 11:44 PM
Guide

Thanks for the replies. Iamthat! Terrific! I get it now and really needed to read this response of yours at the moment. Makes perfect sense. You are so wise! I actually am almost through a book that describes how this all works. The signs are all here for me, the universe is screaming and finally I hear it! Thank you, thank you!
Old 02-05-2017, 06:06 AM
Master

Hi Lucky

Glad that you found my comments helpful. You already knew all that, but sometimes it just helps to be reminded.

Whatever wisdom I may have acquired has been gained through making plenty of mistakes, and no doubt I will make many more. Never mind, it is all learning and it is all interesting. We can only trust that all is good and that all will be well.

Peace.