Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 01-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Constant telepathic messages from a colleague

I am new to the forum so if this has been addressed in a prior thread, I apologize for the repeat. I have had some sort of telepathic/psychic ability for all my life. I dream things that come true, I have feelings about people that end up accurate, I can size up a stranger in just a few minutes around them, etc. I am very in tuned with nonverbal communications. Some things I just know and can't explain how I know. I have never misread a situation, especially one where I was convinced of something even without proof. That being said, I have had a friendship-very casual friendship-with someone I met at a leadership conference. We stayed connected as colleagues for a couple of years but the phone/email communication declined with time. Since I did not actively stay connected, that did not surprise me. What did surprise me was the less verbal communication there was, the more I sensed him telepathically. Some days it's like a fog...I can't shake the overwhelming presence of him. We lived in the same city and ran into each other periodically so when he moved out of state a year ago I was glad, hoping the telepathic intrusion would stop but it hasn't. It is worse. I am one that can easily move on, I don't stay connected to people so this constant knowing that he is thinking of me baffles me. Why doesn't he just call or contact me? The other side of it is although the friendship was professional, the telepathic communication is not. It's like I sense he would take it further...I feel that weight in my chest like a lost love when he comes to mind. So I guess I am asking why he is not moving on, if all of these intrusive thoughts and feelings are right (which they always have been) or why he doesn't just communicate if he wants to. What is the point of feeling these things if they never materialize? I try very hard to block the thoughts and feelings and I am successful for sometimes days at a time or they stop on their own, but then out of the blue they come back with a vengeance. How do you stop something like this that becomes a permanent part of your life?
Old 02-04-2017, 03:58 AM
Master
Regarding controlling your gift, I have read many a true story about people with similar abilities and they eventually seek out others from eg spiritualist churches that can help develop and control it.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Why don't you contact him to find out what it is and solve it?
Old 02-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I just know
I have had some sort of telepathic/psychic ability for all my life.

Hello,

That is also true for me. I have been guided to do research on these things.

Within every human there is a conduit for communication many spiritual systems define as the higher self. For the sake of simplicity I will describe it as a person's inner wisdom.

There is always a bigger picture about life and what is going on which the logical brain can never comprehend. I find that building a love bond with the higher self and being in constant alignment with its thinking makes it much easier to understand this situation you describe or any other ones for that matter.

My suggestion would be to become involved with self discovery. There are many reasons why you have been drawn into your present set of circumstances. Find out what they are.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-04-2017, 02:36 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich
Why don't you contact him to find out what it is and solve it?

Literally or telepathically? If literal, how would you start that conversation without it being awkward?
Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 AM
Guide

It sounds like he is feeding off of your energy. You need to cut him off. Look into visualisation exercises, cutting the silver cord that links you both would be a good idea. If you continue to struggle I would recomend this book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychic-Sel.../dp/1578631513
Old 04-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I just know
Literally or telepathically? If literal, how would you start that conversation without it being awkward?
Literally, you could ask him how he's been doing and then maybe if you were right about your intuition he'll come up with what has been bothering him. If he's been thinking of you that much, he somehow longs to talk to you probably, because he thinks you could help him?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Newbie ;)

I mean aren't you curious to find out what's going on? Don't you wanna know for sure? That's what I would do I think.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes, very curious, and in the past when I did casually make contact, he would email at length updating on professional accomplishments and we would exchange 2 or 3 emails and that would be it. I would end up shrugging it off as something perhaps I misread or felt but then a few months later, the onslaught of thoughts would come back. He is intuitive, as well, and I don't know if he thinks he can motivate me to contact him or what but it is confusing and frustrating. I've tried blocking and it works temporarily. I try visualization to see what comes to mind and it is the same vision every single time....he stands next to a tree watching me from afar. I approach to talk, it turns into a physical interaction and I shut the session down at that point. I have had dreams in the past about him and when I would contact him regarding the dreams, they were 100% accurate so I know on some level, something is there....there is a connection beyond a literal one. I just don't like the confusion of not knowing the intention of constant telepathic communication or what that connection is or should be.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator
It's likely this person doesn't realise what he is doing. Many people are not aware of the impact of their thoughts upon others.
Maybe he misses you a lot and had a special feeling for you. It could be he means no harm and would be mortified if he knew what was happening....

But being able to shut out unwanted intrusions into your personal space is a good skill to have. And then when you have learned that you can send him compassion in a non-personal way.

Podshell mentioned the spiritualist church. That isn't a bad idea. It could be someone there would be able to advise you as Mediums would have to learn those skills.