Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Nuke

Trying To AP Before Sleep/After Waking Up...

I've been through quite a few threads on this Forum, the "Astral Projection Forum" specifically, and I have come across this a few times, I think less times than what it needs to be talked about, but about trying to Astral Project right before you fall asleep at night, or right when you wake up; Can anyone elaborate further; Like what's the trick to doing it in the morning VS at night etc, etc.

I remember reading something saying that it's easier to do it when you wake up, and to NOT MOVE and keep your eyes closed, but to just stay as still as you possibly can, and keep your mind clear, or somethin like that; Not entirely sure. If someone could please elaborate further, it would be much appreciated. THANKS!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Master
Doing it before you go to sleep can be difficult because it's likely you will fall asleep. Although sometimes and some people are able to fall asleep and retain their consciousness that way (Lucid dreaming) and basically once a dream turns lucid I have found there is pretty much no difference than a conscious projection achieved through meditation. Other than usually when you become aware you're dreaming you are usually in the planes already and have no recollection of leaving your body, but not always. I have turned a lucid dream in the RTZ (Real Time Zone) into a full projection and it mimicked a projection achieved through meditation almost perfectly and I flew into the planes.

Attempting to project after a night of sleeping or even a few hours of sleeping can make projecting much easier. Why? Because you are already relaxed and typically in a good brain wave state for projecting. APing is all about your level of relaxation and your current brain wave frequency. Ideally your brain should be producing Theta waves for a projection but my most effective AP technique that I have created myself through trial and error implements the use of a Delta wave Binaural beat and I am extremely successful through this method. I would say I can project 9 nights out of 10 using this method and the one night I do not succeed is most likely because either the headphones or ear buds fell off out out of my ears, or I moved around too much when I woke up. Oh also I forgot if you want to try my method just let me know and I'll send you the link to the Delta wave Binaural beat I use.

This is my method I use with a short sleeping pattern. I wake up every 2-3 hours normally when I sleep, not every night but typically almost every night.

1. I fall asleep with the Delta wave Binaural beat looping endlessly on my iPod.

2. When I wake up in 2-3 hours I slowly and gently remove the ear buds and turn off the iPod, or just put the iPod and ear buds to the side of me. Turning it off is not important the only important part is you barely move at all. Your movements need to be slow, gentle, and precise otherwise you will move around too much and change your brain waves. You need to make sure you empty your bladder and have everything in order before falling asleep because if you have to get up the attempt is over.

3. Relax and lay down, you should of never stopped laying down but just allow yourself to relax and with in 2-3 minutes max of doing so I will begin to feel waves of the vibrations sinking in. Everyone does not experience vibrations and I have had projections with out them, but through this method I always experience them.

4. Once the vibrations sink in you must remain calm, fear can easily slip into your mind and you will decide to stop your attempt. Ignore any noises you hear, or anything you see. I am not saying you will hear/see anything but it has happened to me countless times. Mentally feel yourself raising out of your body. Do not think or hope for it, know you can. Think of something that you have done in your life that you felt a lifting motion and mimic that feeling as you feel yourself lifting up. If everything has gone right to this point you should be inside your astral body and be very light, so lifting up should be pretty easy. It might be tricky until you experience it but after that you will understand.

5. You should be out of your body by now. If you are I cannot emphasize enough ignore any noises or visions, they are not important. You can either attempt to fly around in the RTZ (Real Time Zone) or try and walk through walls, doors, or fall through the floor or fly through the ceiling. I don't recommend falling through the floor though, most likely you won't find anything down there that pleases you. I suggest you fly out of your distorted room, explore your distorted RTZ house so you can see how the RTZ is typically distorted and while the area looks familiar or similar it will have distortions. Or you could just go balls to the wall so to speak and fly through your ceiling into the astral planes. If you choose the latter of them and make it through your ceiling just be aware you will be flying into the dark void for at minimal several seconds before making it into the next layer. Fear not the darkness is a rather safe place and it's something you have to fly through to make it to the other side.

If you have anymore questions just let me know. After you finish the projection and are back in your body, regardless of how far you went or did not go I advise you to immediatly write down your experience and then go to sleep. Chances are your astral body isn't reintegrated and so you must go to sleep to do so. You might find when you go to sleep you are dreaming in the area you ended your projection, it has happened to me countless times. Just keep going back to sleep and eventually your astral body will find it's way home, it always does so don't worry about that.

Last edited by Astral Explorer : 10-10-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Master

It is a lot easier to ap after you had some sleep. It is harder to ap before sleep as you are usually tired and often you fall asleep. It does not do any harm. You can try to ap before going to sleep. If you fall asleep you fall asleep. You can try again when you wake up. I prefer to ap after I have had some hours sleep because I am always worried that I am going to be tired the next day going to work. This way I am not tired. I might be tired in the evening so I go to bed early.
When I wake up I have to move as I have to go to the bathroom. I think it can be a good idea to get up as that can wake you up. You are not as likely to fall asleep.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Nuke

That's an excellent, excellent response "Astral Explorer," Ummm... Would meditating all day everyday speed up the process towards Astral Projection? Like, I don't mean mediating and FOCUSING on TRYING to Astral Project, but to just meditate several times a day like say 4 times, 4 hours a day everyday, with strong intent, and strong will power on just relaxing, clearing the mind and getting into the trance state, would that help to get closer, QUICKER to having some kind of experience?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
For many people meditation is their way of achieving that vibrational state which leads to an out of body experience, because the brain-waves get deeper, yet consciousness is held. For some AP'ers the out of body experience has actually come as a "sideline", and it was the meditation experience they were really aiming for. So yes -that works.

If you're a regular pretty sound sleeper, then your body-rhythms will be used to entering a natural sleep-state when you first go to bed tired. Going out of body then works for some people, but usually it doesn't. You're more likely to fall asleep.
If you're a get up and go in the morning type, then trying to AP when you first wake up might not work either. Your brain rhythms will come up to beta too quickly.
I always found this worked better: getting some sleep, and a couple of natural dream cycles in, to work off the tiredness, then waking up after -say -4 hours. Then getting up and out of bed for a short time, mooching around, and then going back to lie down. I found that very often I would enter a very light sleep at first, then would wake up fully with the vibrational stage happening. The vibrations always woke me up. This works better at weekends because it can mean a really broken night's sleep.
Lying down, fully relaxed, in the afternoon can do it too. You're a little bit tired, but not tired enough to fall into a deep sleep.
Wearing headphones on an mp3 with binaural tones or binaural beats while you lie down can take the brain waves very quickly down, while you remain conscious. That can lead to going out of body too.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
That's an excellent, excellent response "Astral Explorer," Ummm... Would meditating all day everyday speed up the process towards Astral Projection? Like, I don't mean mediating and FOCUSING on TRYING to Astral Project, but to just meditate several times a day like say 4 times, 4 hours a day everyday, with strong intent, and strong will power on just relaxing, clearing the mind and getting into the trance state, would that help to get closer, QUICKER to having some kind of experience?

When you meditate for the purpose of meditating you will definitely sooner or later have a random projection. 90% of the projections I have achieved from meditation happened when I gave up meditating for the purpose of projecting and just meditated for the purpose of meditation. I think when you're trying to AP you just don't become relaxed enough because you are so focused on one thing. But when you meditate just to meditate you will have more success achieving AP that way. So it might not necessarily be automatically quicker, but it very well could be in the end picture. I think when you just meditate for the purpose of a wonderful session you're more likely to project.
Old 21-10-2012, 12:53 AM
stars_joe

Cat Angelic Communion and Archetypal Communication pt1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tweU0EBfQpI