Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 19-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Pathfinder

Apple Cider Vinegar.... Facial Miracle!

Hi everyone,

So as of recently, I have tried to take better care of my health, and included in that is taking better care of my skin.

I was googling / pinteresting natural at home face masks, I came across Apple Cider Vinegar + diluted water.

I used a cotton makeup remover pad to wipe this on my face, and wow does it work wonders!
I even bought some little travel bottles (the ones you put shampoo in when you go on a vacation), I put 1/2 ACV + 1/2 water. Give it a shake and squirt some onto the cotton makeup pad (or cotton ball if you have handy).
Wipe it onto your face, and you can either let it sit until it dries, rinse it off...OR leave it on overnight to help with acne prone skin and wash off in the morning.
I do like to use a light moisturiser afterwards, especially in dry areas, but majority of the time using this, my skin has felt so clean.
(you can feel the vinegar tingle into your pores, it tickles a little, but thats great, because I know its working!)

I have large pores and blackheads on my nose, and within 3 days of using this method, I no longer have blackheads and my pores are smaller. It's also helped to even my skin tone! (I found with the blackheads, removing them was a breeze, they came out soooo much easier than usual, even hidden gems I didn't even see!).

Anyway, I highly recommend people to try this if you aren't already :) Just wanted to share this natural facial miracle product, it really does work.

Here is a list of what it potentially can help with;

Apple cider vinegar can help reduce age spots: When you wash your face daily with apple cider vinegar you will notice a substantial difference in age spots. Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that will remove dead skin and reveal healthy and vibrant new skin. In addition to washing with a splash of apple cider vinegar, dab a little on a cotton ball and apply directly to age spots. Wait about thirty minutes and rinse your face with cool water and pat dry. Do this twice daily for six weeks and you will see a difference.

Apple cider vinegar fights acne, pimples and blemishes: No need to buy commercial acne cream when you can use apple cider vinegar. When apple cider vinegar is made, malic acid forms. This makes apple cider vinegar a potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral substance capable of keeping bacteria at bay and pimples from forming.

Apple cider vinegar balances your skin: While removing oil from your skin, apple cider vinegar also helps to balance pH and keeps your skin from becoming too oily or too dry by balancing the production of sebum. Rinse your face daily with apple cider vinegar if you desire balance.

Apple cider vinegar fights wrinkles: Diluted apple cider vinegar face wash can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can soak a cotton pad or cotton cloth in diluted apple cider vinegar and dab on your skin. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Apple cider vinegar removes toxins from your face: Regular use of an apple cider vinegar wash will help draw toxins out of your skin leaving a youthful and clean glow.

Apple cider vinegar in place of your regular toner: Drench a cotton wool ball with water first, and then dip it in the vinegar. Sweep it lightly over your face and throat, avoiding the eyes. It will promote clarity of complexion, diminish discolouration and age spots and help to clear away pimples.

Apple cider vinegar balances your skin’s pH: Apple cider vinegar doesn’t just effectively remove excess oil from your skin, it also helps to balance your skin’s pH levels. It can also prevent your skin from becoming too oily or too dry by balancing the production of sebum to prevent acne and pimples.

Apple cider vinegar can unclog your pores: ACV’s natural goodness also unclogs skin pores and allows your skin to breathe properly, so it is very effective in treating acne and pimples on your face and on your back.
Old 19-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Great tips. Thank you for this.. Beauty tips are always helpful. Even all my female friends love doing makeup. They hate acne, stretch marks on their face. I am going to share your simple tips with them. I remember that one of my friends used a massage palper-rouler to remove acne- cellublue.com/fr/wonder_body_guide.php. It also helped her to make her skin soft and smooth. I read about Aloe Vera gel that is a good source of vitamins which can help to heal skin and fade scars. It makes the skin look and feeling soft and healthier.
Old 19-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyHines
Great tips. Thank you for this.. Beauty tips are always helpful. Even all my female friends love doing makeup. They hate acne, stretch marks on their face. I am going to share your simple tips with them. I remember that one of my friends used a massage palper-rouler to remove acne. It also helped her to make her skin soft and smooth. I read about Aloe Vera gel that is a good source of vitamins which can help to heal skin and fade scars. It makes the skin look and feeling soft and healthier.

I will have to try aloe vera! I just recently had horrific sunburn (damned australian sun on the beach!!), it worked amazingly to help soothe my skin and heal it back to normal. I think it felt a little sticky once it dried onto my skin, but maybe it was just from the burns? I will try it on my face after using vinegar instead of moisturiser to see how it goes :)
Old 19-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Guide
Thanks for the tip! Lately, my skin is reverting back to it's hormonal teenage look, breaking out everywhere and I know it's only a matter of time before the cystic acne comes back...will try this tonight and hopefully report back in a few days :)
Old 20-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
Thanks for the tip! Lately, my skin is reverting back to it's hormonal teenage look, breaking out everywhere and I know it's only a matter of time before the cystic acne comes back...will try this tonight and hopefully report back in a few days :)

Best of luck hun! I haven't had a pimple since :)
I do notice how much oil my skin produces without using the A.C.V...It makes me wonder if I am just used to having oily skin and not noticing it over the years, but since using A.C.V it balances my skin? Something to think about, but if it does help in reducing oil, I guess it would help to stop acne :)
Old 20-01-2017, 12:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Thumbs up Make your own Apple Cider Vinegar. Remove black heads

Yes, Apple Cider Vinegar is a great natural remedy for sore throats,
and can help restore the acid-alkaline balance of your body.

7 Surprising Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
verywell.com/apple-cider-vinegar-88768

While apple cider vinegar is acidic, it is also an 'alkaline forming' food during digestion.
vinegar-home-remedies.com/ph-balance.html

I made some natural apple cider vinegar at home.
It took me ~ 2 months to age (encourage fermentation) mine.
You can also make your own.
Making homemade apple cider vinegar in easy way
youtube.com/watch?v=1vAlUvhO_f4

To clean out your facial pores and remove any blackheads:
First I wash my face with warm water,
then rub about a teaspoon of baking soda on face.
Leave it there for ~2 minutes.
Then I either rub lemon, lime or apple cider vinegar (on a small cotton pad) on my face, concentrating around my nose.
Leave it there for ~2 minutes.
At this point you will notice a soapy quality to your face, because the oil is being lifted from your pores.
Rinse face and pat dry with a towel.
Repeat every second or third day interval, depending on how oily your skin is.
Old 26-05-2017, 12:47 AM
Master
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - they have so many health benefits. Great thread.

Apple cider vinegar is great for Waldorf Salad dressing too.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Experiencer
I have been using apple cider vinegar and water mix as a facial toner for a few years now. The blackheads are gone but my pores aren't noticeably smaller. The recommended kind of apple cider vinegar is the organic kind with "the mother" included.

As far drinking it, I suggest starting with a small amount. I tried it before (don't forget if it was just a table spoon or a small amount in a cup) and I was unable to sleep that night.