Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Knower

Was this a memory or imagination?

About a year and a half ago, I listened to a guided hypnosis on past life regression and I'm still questioning it.

I was on a street lined with townhomes that had horse-drawn carriages. The home I lived in was number 1524. I was wearing Edwardian dress and had red hair, but I have light brown/dark blonde hair in my current life. My age was late teens/early 20's. I go in the house and the parlor is on the left. A woman who also had red hair looked up. She was my sister. In my current life, I'm an only child. There was also a blonde man with a moustache. He was my brother-in-law. They had a girl who also had blonde hair who was about 9 years old. It was their house, but I was living in it because of a tragic event. For some reason, I felt like I had lost a man I loved while doing the hypnosis. Also, I felt like I died before 1920.

I'm an imaginative person, so that's one reason why I'm questioning it. Also, I love the era and I also love the movie, Titanic. I kind of resembled Rose in the scene. But, they've both been fascinations of mine ever since I was a kid and I had recently seen a documentary a few days before on the ship and I went in my room and started sobbing, but it was tearless. I would like to hear your opinions since I can't yet afford to see a person who can help me look into my past lives.
Old 25-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Newbie ;)

I had a similar experience to you. I had past life regression, and couldn't help but wonder if the situations I described were just imagination or truly real.

I am extremely connected to the 1970s and I was born at the tail end of 79, so I feel there must be a reason for this fascination or connection we feel to our respective eras. I don't just like the 1970s, I actually miss it, if that makes sense. And to miss something you need to have experienced it, surely.

So I do think you're experiencing past life memories, because you're so emotionally connected to the era.

It would be great to see a past life reader, who actually tells you about your past lives. That way you could confirm your own ideas. I am yet to find one though.
Old 26-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Master

I heard somewhere, that I might like to not try to verify so very many things, that right or wrong I might want to just swim around in my own perceptions for a time. I try that sometimes but it is difficult!
Old 26-11-2016, 01:13 AM
Master

So many details! Did you recognize you as you? In other words, did you identify with the red headed woman in her 20's?

In all my past lives I remember, I recognize each person as me. Like a cord tied between us, but that doesn't nearly describe it accurately. I feel the feelings of each person, whether it is male or female.
Old 26-11-2016, 02:36 AM
Master

I don't think you could ever be %100 . Its perty detailed. To me the point in doing past life regression is to release any repressed pain .
Old 26-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Master

Not only can it help in releasing past-life pain but it can give you clues as to why you do certain things.

For example, I can be in the grocery store and someone is blocking the isle up ahead of me. I get anxious every time. I now know that in a past life my Superior blocked me from sharing information that would make the lives of the people much easier.
Old 28-11-2016, 12:33 AM
Knower

I did feel like this woman was me because I was seeing everything from her point of view and I was feeling her emotions. If a man I loved was lost in this life, then a part of my current life makes sense. I feel a strong need to find someone that I love. It's not like the idyllic perfect wedding with 3 kids and a picket fence house. It's like my heart is off-balance, if that makes any sense. Perhaps I'm subconsciously trying to either make up for what I lost or trying to find the current incarnation of this man. I have a feeling this happened again during WW2 because I tend to read a lot of books set during it and I feel strong emotions about it, like I'm ticked off that it happened and all the men died.
Old 28-11-2016, 12:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWhisper
I had a similar experience to you. I had past life regression, and couldn't help but wonder if the situations I described were just imagination or truly real.

I am extremely connected to the 1970s and I was born at the tail end of 79, so I feel there must be a reason for this fascination or connection we feel to our respective eras. I don't just like the 1970s, I actually miss it, if that makes sense. And to miss something you need to have experienced it, surely.

So I do think you're experiencing past life memories, because you're so emotionally connected to the era.

It would be great to see a past life reader, who actually tells you about your past lives. That way you could confirm your own ideas. I am yet to find one though.

I get it completely! I do miss the Victorian/Edwardian eras a lot, even though I was born in 96.
Old 28-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Suspended
Guide

I spent a small fortune on past life regression, the result was unhelpful. It was only through the grief process, my belief in reincarnation & faith in God did I find my answers.

We can easily be influenced by books, tv, conversations w/someone sharing their past as well as dreams - we can be impacted by anything appealing &/or tawdry. I do like the clothing of the Victorian/Edwardian eras, however, having been an active member of the Women's Movement of the early 70s it would've been a very oppressive time & of no interest to look further into. Sometimes, when we look back at history we look only at the glory, not the brutal way of life the majority lived.
Old 28-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiegirl
I did feel like this woman was me because I was seeing everything from her point of view and I was feeling her emotions. If a man I loved was lost in this life, then a part of my current life makes sense. I feel a strong need to find someone that I love. It's not like the idyllic perfect wedding with 3 kids and a picket fence house. It's like my heart is off-balance, if that makes any sense. Perhaps I'm subconsciously trying to either make up for what I lost or trying to find the current incarnation of this man. I have a feeling this happened again during WW2 because I tend to read a lot of books set during it and I feel strong emotions about it, like I'm ticked off that it happened and all the men died.

Bingo! Past Incarnation, in my opinion.