Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I have come to the understanding that the new age movement is actually part of a larger plan, a Satanic deception to distort people's minds and hearts away from the truth of the most high heavenly father and son Yeshua.

If interested, some links for more information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtkGgtExLcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vNna43P5XM&t=9220s

And many false prophets will rise and deceive many ... For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.

Matthew 24:11, 25.
Very informative. Keep up the good work.
Old 29-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Suspended
Christians try telling people if they don't follow there ways or do what they think is right they will burn in hell they try spread fear to others, plus most there priests get caught for being paedophiles thats because satanists have infiltrated the churches and the vatican its not a coincidence that so many of them are paedophiles.
Old 29-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Christians try telling people if they don't follow there ways or do what they think is right they will burn in hell they try spread fear to others
Fundamentalist Christians are very fearful themselves. It's a sad thing that they thrive on hate and fear in the name of God. This is a public forum so you get all kinds of people coming here, and some come spreading their toxicity.
Old 30-04-2017, 05:25 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I have come to the understanding that the new age movement is actually part of a larger plan, a Satanic deception to distort people's minds and hearts away from the truth of the most high heavenly father and son Yeshua.

If interested, some links for more information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtkGgtExLcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vNna43P5XM&t=9220s

And many false prophets will rise and deceive many ... For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.

Matthew 24:11, 25.

Christianity to me, as an African, living in Africa has never been a benign doctrine. In fact it took one history lesson about missionaries in Africa as a child to realise that Christianity can be used to achieve some really sinister outcomes.

I am always curious to talk to African Christians about their acceptance of this belief system. I don't get it. My view of Christianity is of a doctrine that was used along with many others of really quite sinister intent, to steal and build empires. For me, I can't look past how it was forced on us by people who at the same time stole our resources, enslaved us, raped us, made us believe that our beliefs were evil and backward when in actuality there are so many similarities between Paganism and a lot of indigenous African practices.
Old 30-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Experiencer
Bashing Christianity is biased and shows lack of love.
Old 30-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Christianity to me, as an African, living in Africa has never been a benign doctrine. In fact it took one history lesson about missionaries in Africa as a child to realise that Christianity can be used to achieve some really sinister outcomes.

I am always curious to talk to African Christians about their acceptance of this belief system. I don't get it. My view of Christianity is of a doctrine that was used along with many others of really quite sinister intent, to steal and build empires. For me, I can't look past how it was forced on us by people who at the same time stole our resources, enslaved us, raped us, made us believe that our beliefs were evil and backward when in actuality there are so many similarities between Paganism and a lot of indigenous African practices.

Wonderful post Goddessa I think you just nail'd it
in places where others do not.
Old 30-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
Bashing Christianity is biased and shows lack of love.

No one said anything like Christianity is a Satanic deception, so I find the irony amusing.
Old 30-04-2017, 11:52 AM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I tend to believe that the New Age is an industry, components of which can distort people's hearts and minds but with only slight evil intent. Much is misguided and I do feel they tie people into new orthodoxies that are highly questionable, often bringing misery and anguish rather than helping followers develop. There are plenty of snake-oil merchants out there selling doctrines that won't solve any spiritual ailment. I see it a bit like the cosmetic ads on television - they cast doubt on people's (mainly women's) self-confidence - their product being just the panacea. So the New Age often plays on feelings of inadequacy in one form or another - and has the easy answers. In both cases exploitation which, yes, verges on evil. Then again some can inspire and exhort people to feel better about themselves.

But you see, the whole issue of Christian orthodoxy is questionable. It happens but rarely here, few Christians question why only 4 of the gospels are given in the NT. There were 12 disciples. Where are the other 8? Well that question plagued me until I happened upon the Nag Hammadi scrolls - the extant fragments of those 8, sometimes called the Gnostic gospels. And it became clear what the Roman Church was up to. Furthermore, the Bible as is was overseen by Constantine who was more concerned with control than spirituality. Just my view that the existing Bible and some of its translations are evil: - they misrepresent the teachings of Jesus to suit the agenda of a warlord emperor initially and ensure the priesthood could be kept in luxury thereafter.

If people want an evil current, there are several routes which are only tangentially to do with the New Age.

Conclusion - what's evil and not is a matter of one's morality. The real Christian seeker will be looking at Jesus' teachings not the Bible. Further, one doesn't need to be a Christian to value Jesus' teachings.

The teachings of Jesus are the same in every translation( with the exception of-EARTH or LAND at Matt 5:5)-- Not one trinity religion on earth teaches what Jesus taught--the teachers are paid to teach that particular religions dogma. The bible described them centuries ago and warned all about them at Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand( 33,000 trinity based religions)--they FAIL 100% this true mark-1Cor 1:10-- Unity of thought( all matters) no division---- no division proves 100% one single religion belongs to Jesus. And since the bible makes it clear that 33,000 of those religions can be thrown out as false religions--there will be no excuse --all need to believe the bible over dogma.
Old 30-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
The teachings of Jesus are the same in every translation( with the exception of-EARTH or LAND at Matt 5:5)-- Not one trinity religion on earth teaches what Jesus taught--the teachers are paid to teach that particular religions dogma. The bible described them centuries ago and warned all about them at Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand( 33,000 trinity based religions)--they FAIL 100% this true mark-1Cor 1:10-- Unity of thought( all matters) no division---- no division proves 100% one single religion belongs to Jesus. And since the bible makes it clear that 33,000 of those religions can be thrown out as false religions--there will be no excuse --all need to believe the bible over dogma.

oh the irony
Old 30-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
No one said anything like Christianity is a Satanic deception, so I find the irony amusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
oh the irony

It's so clear, yet will no doubt fall on deaf ears.