Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 13-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Ascender
Hahaha aww You not going to tell us more about the dream after all that? Sounds an interesting one. Wasn't mr dream man again was it??
Old 13-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Ascender
Venus will be moving into it's greatest illuminated extent this Friday, February 16th, (Australia, New Zealand, Asia - 17th). As Venus has no known moons I was wondering if it could be classed, in crystal terms, as a very low energy Earth moon. So as an experiment I'll be seeing if the planet has any effective vibrations on a small selection of crystals.

EarthSky weblink
Old 13-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hello ladies and gents, this weekend we will see a tripple threat of cosmic events in the sky. An eclipse, full moon and a comet. Any astrology predictions, good articles, energy shifts we need to know about? Opinions?!

I keep seeing articles about this and it is so frustrating because a lunar eclipse IS a full moon (always), just as a solar eclipse is a new moon (always).

This is like saying that your water is filled with H2O, or your banana is "all natural."

It was a lunar eclipse and a comet, which is more than just a lunar eclipse, but it is not a lunar eclipse and a full moon because that is as redundant as saying that water is wet. :|
Old 14-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
I keep seeing articles about this and it is so frustrating because a lunar eclipse IS a full moon (always), just as a solar eclipse is a new moon (always).

This is like saying that your water is filled with H2O, or your banana is "all natural."

It was a lunar eclipse and a comet, which is more than just a lunar eclipse, but it is not a lunar eclipse and a full moon because that is as redundant as saying that water is wet. :|

thank you for being the one to point this out lol
Old 14-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Master
@Aries Introvert....I know. I assumed that was understood but simply being emphasized as special, like a marketing technique.
Old 16-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
@Aries Introvert....I know. I assumed that was understood but simply being emphasized as special, like a marketing technique.

Astrology is already so full of misinformation (case in point the announcement that appears once a year that Orpheus as the 13th sign has "just been" discovered and now everyone's Sun signs are different) that we need more facts and less confusion.

Astrology pre-dates marketing and IMHO doesn't need fillers or fluff to appeal to people. <3
Old 16-02-2017, 03:46 AM
Master
I studied astrology for a long time but I still missed very obvious things because I was mostly self-taught. The moon phases were not something I understood or knew. Somehow that wasn't called to my attention or I ignored it . I would get caught up in the details and miss the big picture.

The full moon is when the sun and moon are opposing each other. This full moon was called the full moon in Leo..The sun was in Aquarius but the moon was in Leo....

A new moon is when the sun and moon are together in a conjunction. In astrology a conjunction is stronger then an opposition. We see the full moon as big and bright but the new moon is invisible. I consider the new moon to be stronger because it is a conjunction.

The moon phases are very important for energy work and finally that sunk in but it took a while. I consider any eclipse to be very significant.

I was blind to the obvious for much longer then I should have been.

When I started really studying astrology. I thought the elements were boring and I ignored them at first. Later I discovered they are indeed very important and an easy way to 'get it'....I had to do it the hard way.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Ascender
Today is the day listed for setting intentions, it says after 3pm U.K. Time to read your list out and visualise. Just searched for article as I completely forgot about it and it's today so perfect timing! So for those not in U.K. It will be 2 and a half hours until it's 3pm so get cracking on those lists :)
Old 26-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Knower
Solar south node eclipse today.

As we are on a spiritual forum it may be worth mentioning that it is a good time for spiritual inward practices in general. maybe so more in this eclipse as it occurs quite near the planet Neptunus. Neptunus is when positive inclined a spiritual planet signifying wholeness and nondifferentiation. This is a goal for meditation practice to experience more wholeness. Neptunus is symbol of the ocean, metaphorical for this.
" Very early Vedantic descriptions of the experience of awakening have included the image of the ocean, saying our consciousness is like the wave that arises from the sea and the ocean is the fullness of our true universal nature. Our individual awareness arises like a wave but never loses its essence as part of the vast consciousness of the whole. Each wave eventually recedes back into the universal whole of the ocean.s required above all are attention to the moment and balance. The challenges for surfers and their performances are good metaphors for spiritual awakening."

Eclipse days are generally bad for buying new itemps like machinary, or starting new projects. The energy is a bit erratic.
Old 26-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Master
I am loving today's energy.

With the Sun, moon, Pallas, Chiron and the south node in Pisces. Also Venus in Aries and true node in Virgo today, it matches my chart.

I hope this energy last for a few days!